Audi TT225 Rear Brake Carrier

BORA BOY

Legacy Member
So my rear brakes finally died and I was getting ready to do the Audi TT225 rear upgrade (front is done). Opened my box of parts and only one Carrier and pads are missing for the rear; shop is closed down years ago (RIP RMR).
Called the Stealer and got stupid prices and no help finding out if the one I have is left or right ;_(

Part numbers on the bracket 6533/1 A048 and CN 6 anyone know if this is Left or Right and where a good place to source the other side, 6mm spacers and pads locally?

If i can not find it I will just throw a set of pads on the back and wait.

Open to other BBK as well.

Anyone know a reasonable scrap yard to go pull these?
Sorry but most of these finds would be on facebook VW groups at this point.

You can try calling Recyclage St-Bruno and see if they have this in stock.

If not you can possibly get lucky by calling Kamille Auto in lachine aswell

Let me know what they say. I can recommend other places or shops if they dont have.

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

Thanks I will check them out. My son is looking on Marketplace but the attitude of sellers there is not the best.

Also I am located on the North shore so St Bruno is a bit of a drive.

EDIT: Oops, not sure why I thought this was a recent thread.

I have a new-to-me Audi TT 225Q and I've had several VW Mk4s. I thought these had rear vented, but my '02 has rear solid (probably previous owner error since 225Q per VIN check), although I haven't measured caliper gap to confirm correct calipers either, and may also have to see if any bracket differences.

Honestly, I always thought that the rear mounting brackets (carriers per ETKA) were the same between left rear to right rear on most VAG products, but just checked ETKA and doesn't seem to hold for the TT. For at least '02 TT 225Q, the left part number is supposed to end with 425, but the right part number is supposed to end with 426. Unfortunately, ETKA doesn't provide casting numbers; but I'll see if I can spot any on mine the next time I pull a rear wheel.

BTW, I'd be interested in your 1.8T front mounting brackets if you still have them.

I still have them and the disks (hardly any KM on them, the car has 116KKM) the mint Audi TT Calipers (which are the same), need to diagnose some hesitation and get my Neuspeed bars on but no end links and no time.

Cool! I was looking for the 11.3" 1.8T front brake caliper brackets (and possibly disks) so I could try to run 15" ice racing tires on my newly acquired TT225 (with the same 11.3/12.3 calipers, if I understand correctly), but ran out of time so we're just freshening up last year's Beetle instead. I'll PM you.

Last edited:
Back