VW at it again : RS3 on fire at 150mph with no brakes

SRT-What?

Legacy Member

ON FIRE AT 150MPH WITH NO BRAKES!

by*Christian M*|*Aug 28, 2020*|*Street Racing*|

https://1320video.com/on-fire-at-15...aLjH7cLQSPqzcantciqG_Zz5lpktviQQ2uiufW5mOYyOI

This was, without a doubt, the scariest moment of Kyle’s life. He was trapped in this 1100HP Audi RS3 for over 3 minutes while it was being consumed by fire. The entire time they had no brakes or any other way of stopping because the race ended around 150mph as they approached a very high overpass with over a mile of down hill pavement to travel before upward highway… The pin was in the parachute so it couldn’t be pulled, the engine shut off due to safeties in the computer and would not restart, the ebrake wouldn’t work, and Kyles last resort Fred Flintstone brakes didn’t do sh*t …The idea of pinning the car into a wall was considered but risked making it a lot harder to get out and could have rapidly worsened the fire if anything ruptured. Big thank you to the driver for keeping his cool and getting the car stopped without making things worse. Cause of the fire was determined to be a melted brake line quick disconnect, spraying the hot brakes igniting the fluid, working its way into the engine bay. Pumping the brakes after the race fueled the fire even further. Shortly before the car stopped the fuel line melted through creating the flames to grow rapidly

Question comme ça. À quantité de chars à l'entour, pourquoi ils ne sont pas mis à la file devant la Audi et freiner pour l'arrêter?

char heavily modified de 1100hp et le premier suspet c'est Audi? lol

mais j'admet que ça fais peur pareil...!

Question comme ça. À quantité de chars à l'entour, pourquoi ils ne sont pas mis à la file devant la Audi et freiner pour l'arrêter?

Comme la plupart des situations, c'est toujours facile de dire par la suite ''si on aurait fais ca et ca...''
Comme de dire que le chauffeur aurais pu l'aretter des le debut en frottant le mur de ciment mais il voulait pas scraper son char...

À ce que je comprends c’est une pièce aftermarket sur les freins.

Ca ne doit pas être cool. Peu importe l’auto c’est stupide d’avoir tout électronique. Un brake à bras mécanique aurait rendu la situation beaucoup moins dangereuse.

À ce que je comprends c’est une pièce aftermarket sur les freins.

Ca ne doit pas être cool. Peu importe l’auto c’est stupide d’avoir tout électronique. Un brake à bras mécanique aurait rendu la situation beaucoup moins dangereuse.
C'est ça je comprend pas moins non plus. C'est sur que pu de power brake c'est moins facile, mais à peser en malade ça aurait ralenti plus vite. Je serais curieux de savoir quel bidule a pu failé.

Je lui donne le bénéfice du doute avant de mette la faute sur VW lol...

Il y a tellement de Vaisselle dans ce carrosse là lol

C’est un cas de danger to manifold

C'est ça je comprend pas moins non plus. C'est sur que pu de power brake c'est moins facile, mais à peser en malade ça aurait ralenti plus vite. Je serais curieux de savoir quel bidule a pu failé.

C'est marqué que c'est un quick disconnect d'un brake line. Même si tu pèse fort fort fort, tu as pu de pression dans tes lignes a brakes et l'huile coule sur le manifold = pu de frein du tout. Pas grand chose à faire autre que de fesser un mur, ou attendre...

So the e brake harness metled and it didn’t trigger the brakes to be applied maybe a safety protection but it defies the purpose of the emergency braking system

So the e brake harness metled and it didn’t trigger the brakes to be applied maybe a safety protection but it defies the purpose of the emergency braking system

The guy might not know that you have to press and hold the eletronic ebrake button for it to activate while rolling. If you just press the button, it won't activate while in motion. It's kind of a good thing to know if you have an e-ebrake.

I have this on my lexus and yes you need to keep it pressed and there s light flashing in the dash also and aural warnings but it will engage
Still not sure if he used engine brake, i find hard to believe there were still going 50mph, if he was to downshift into second and it will brake a bit more, probably first won t engage as speed is too high.

Also what a shitty design to have one connector break and lose all 4 wheels. Maybe at the brake booster but still lines are independent for redundancy

I have this on my lexus and yes you need to keep it pressed and there s light flashing in the dash also and aural warnings but it will engage
Still not sure if he used engine brake, i find hard to believe there were still going 50mph, if he was to downshift into second and it will brake a bit more, probably first won t engage as speed is too high.

Also what a shitty design to have one connector break and lose all 4 wheels. Maybe at the brake booster but still lines are independent for redundancy

Either way, you would need multiple master cylinders for the brake to work with an open system. Brake fluid will always go to the path with the least resistance. If you open a bleeder on one of the caliper, that's where the pressure is going. It's not an VAG thing, it's for any cars on the road.

I guess that the car also shut down, so no downshift for them. #savethemanuals

300 000+ views and climbing on youtube. This will be an interesting call to the insurance company.

-Rumors are you were streetracing and going 150mph.
-Nah, my friends were being dramatic. We were going 50 and hypermiling, as evidenced by the engine being turned off and us coasting.

Maybe technology isn't the solution to all "problems" after all. Mechanical e-brake ftw.

C'est un quick connect sur les ligne a brake avant qui a déconnecté et L'huile a brake a allumé sur les disque et quand le gars essayait de freiner il fessais juste alimenter le feu avec le reste d'huile a brake.

Pourquoi des quick disconnect sur les ligne a fuel avant... pour être capable de switcher de caliper.

Le gars met de plus petit caliper pour mettre ses slick en avant et remet les gros caliper dans la rue

300 000+ views and climbing on youtube. This will be an interesting call to the insurance company.

-Rumors are you were streetracing and going 150mph.
-Nah, my friends were being dramatic. We were going 50 and hypermiling, as evidenced by the engine being turned off and us coasting.

Maybe technology isn't the solution to all "problems" after all. Mechanical e-brake ftw.

Most likely staged for exactly this reason.

Either way, you would need multiple master cylinders for the brake to work with an open system. Brake fluid will always go to the path with the least resistance. If you open a bleeder on one of the caliper, that's where the pressure is going. It's not an VAG thing, it's for any cars on the road.

I guess that the car also shut down, so no downshift for them. #savethemanuals

I agree with you, however. I had a brake line explode on one of my vehicles. You still have brakes for a few pumps. But the pedal does not hold it goes all the way to the floor and you lose pressure but you can still punp the brakes and get good brake power before it gets mushy. Anyway i just don’t know how he managed to empty the lines that fast. Probably due to the speed he was travelling he just didn’t manage to brake all the way to a stop

Back