VW at it again : RS3 on fire at 150mph with no brakes

I bet this story was embellished and it actually wasnt that dramatic

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I agree with you, however. I had a brake line explode on one of my vehicles. You still have brakes for a few pumps. But the pedal does not hold it goes all the way to the floor and you lose pressure but you can still punp the brakes and get good brake power before it gets mushy. Anyway i just don’t know how he managed to empty the lines that fast. Probably due to the speed he was travelling he just didn’t manage to brake all the way to a stop
Avec une ligne pété wide open tu auras quelques coups de pédales avec peu de puissance de freinage. Ensuite c'est zéro.

Donc a 150mph.......

Envoyé de mon Pixel en utilisant Tapatalk

Explain. Kyle was in the car and you can see he's tryin to keep calm while asking questions to the driver about stopping....

Comme la plupart des situations, c'est toujours facile de dire par la suite ''si on aurait fais ca et ca...''
Comme de dire que le chauffeur aurais pu l'aretter des le debut en frottant le mur de ciment mais il voulait pas scraper son char...

Bref, le char est en feu, il roule à + de 100km/h et il n'a plus de brake. Il me semble que la chose première à faire est d'arrêter le véhicule peu importe la façon.

Il y en aurait fallu juste un pour agir comme cela et crois-moi qu'ils se seraient mis en ligne pour l'arrêter.

I really son’t understand what safety feature would shut off the engine in this situation. You lose power brake booster, maybe partially the assist in steering and definately you lose the transmission and ability to downshift to help brake... really not ideal to shut off the engine while driving

I really son’t understand what safety feature would shut off the engine in this situation. You lose power brake booster, maybe partially the assist in steering and definately you lose the transmission and ability to downshift to help brake... really not ideal to shut off the engine while driving

Pretty sure that's the nice/ PC way of saying buddy's engine shut down unexpectedly and wouldn't start afterwards. I doubt the car was "aware" that it was on fire at any point in time or that took any "preventive actions" as a result. It was probably a mechanical / electrical issue more than a safety measure.

La audi pogne en feu et il essait de freiner lorsqu'il est a 60mph sur l'overpass a partir de 5:30 , y'a pas personne devant lui sur l'autoroute , suffisait de quelques grand S en prenant toute les voies pour ralentir plus vite ( toujours facile de dire ça par la suite mais bon )

je suis quand même surpris de son/leur calme

ça prouve encore une fois l'utilité d'un frein d'urgence qui fonctionne mécaniquement

A mechanical fault purely unrelated to sensors will trigger warning iights that serve to confuse the issue. Upgrading the scanning software
probably won't make it easier for the mechanic, either dealer or indie.

So the e brake harness metled and it didn’t trigger the brakes to be applied maybe a safety protection but it defies the purpose of the emergency braking system

e brake is no emergency brake ... it's a parking brake

first it doens't have to power to stop the car and it 's stop the back wheel ... just try it for fun....nice way to get into the ditch

All of those "problems" are created by electronically controlling everything, Electric emergency brake, seriously dafuk...
And to add on top of it, with a manual transmission not only you can downshift and slow down the car alot faster, since the wheels are turning the engine, even if there is no more fuel or ignition, the vaccum will be created giving you power brake and the belt will turn giving you power steering if hydraulic and no power steering is not really a problem at that speed on a light vehicle.

Le e brake ca fait vraiment parti des cossins électrique que je déteste sur mon auto. Mais bon.. faut croire que le bon vieux frein à main avec un wire c'était trop beau et trop simple!

C'est pas la faute de l'électronique voyons, le gars est rendu à 1000 ashepé, vous croyez que c'est avec l'ordinateur d'origine avec les features de sécurité VAG? Pfff

Autre chose, quand tu fais ce power-là, tu te fais un setup pour décoller de la boîte, ça implique de bizouner dans les sensors ABS et avec le module de frein électronique.

Shit effin happens. Point.

EDIT:

les gars avec leur extincteurs 2.5lbs hahahaha c'est comme essayer de vider un buffet chinois à toi tout seul.

Au minimum, ça prend un 5lbs à poudre si vous êtes moyennement sérieux avec votre voiture. Et si ça fait plus de 30sec que le feu est parti, BONNE CHANCE arrêter ça. Un feu de voiture c'est parmi les plus difficile à combattre parce que mix de produits pétroliers liquides, de plastique, de métaux, de tissus et de composantes électroniques. Ça en plus d'être ultra-toxique comme fumées.

Last edited:
Back