Votre avis?

Rockauto still kills pretty much any auto parts store around MTL unless you know a guy that can give you parts at cost.
Also you can get pretty much any brand to the highest quality
Brake pads for example so many choices or pads and rotors... and in the end with 350-400$ you get best quality pads and rotors for all 4 wheels shipping taxes everything included.
And dealer asks you for 800-1000 in parts alone... ridiculous

Not going through all 8 pages here but all I see is another industry getting disrupted by the internet and massive online retailers backed by billions of dollars that work with such enormous volumes they can still thrive on thin margins. This has been happening with tires now for some time; people buy on Quattro or PMC then bring to garage for install. I don't see why the industry can't adapt to include clients who wish to bring their own parts. Fighting this trend and getting uptight is foolish, you're simply leaving money on the table.

Most millennials and YouTube generation are learning this way. This generation doesn't even want to pick up a phone and speak to anyone. I remember a few years back a service on Dragons Den where you pull out an app like Uber type service, a mechanic sends you a quote for the work you want to have done. If it can't be done on your driveway you take it to the shop. No idea what it was called.

Not going through all 8 pages here but all I see is another industry getting disrupted by the internet and massive online retailers backed by billions of dollars that work with such enormous volumes they can still thrive on thin margins. This has been happening with tires now for some time; people buy on Quattro or PMC then bring to garage for install. I don't see why the industry can't adapt to include clients who wish to bring their own parts. Fighting this trend and getting uptight is foolish, you're simply leaving money on the table.

Most millennials and YouTube generation are learning this way. This generation doesn't even want to pick up a phone and speak to anyone. I remember a few years back a service on Dragons Den where you pull out an app like Uber type service, a mechanic sends you a quote for the work you want to have done. If it can't be done on your driveway you take it to the shop. No idea what it was called.
How can you adapt when you have to provide a warranty on parts you didn't sell to begin with ?
Jack the labor price way up, until they Google the time needed for the work and argue about it.

How can you adapt when you have to provide a warranty on parts you didn't sell to begin with ?
Jack the labor price way up, until they Google the time needed for the work and argue about it.

Some common sense is obviously in order, if I bring you 4 tires from PMC/Quattro to install and during the install a stud is loose/rusted, a wheel is bent or anything else that could affect the repair than obviously this has to be addressed with the customer. If you turn a blind eye, then it is on you. If it's big enough to affect the price quote just talk to the client. Maybe I live in a fantasy world but I think the majority of people, both mechanics and customers are reasonable and would not object. Garages routinely install used engines, trans, gearboxes, diffs, steering pump from scrapyards of totally unknown quality and mileage. Why should bringing your own brake rotors and pads be so complex?

Some common sense is obviously in order, if I bring you 4 tires from PMC/Quattro to install and during the install a stud is loose/rusted, a wheel is bent or anything else that could affect the repair than obviously this has to be addressed with the customer. If you turn a blind eye, then it is on you. If it's big enough to affect the price quote just talk to the client. Maybe I live in a fantasy world but I think the majority of people, both mechanics and customers are reasonable and would not object. Garages routinely install used engines, trans, gearboxes, diffs, steering pump from scrapyards of totally unknown quality and mileage. Why should bringing your own brake rotors and pads be so complex?

Ladies and gentlemen here's your industrial boulevard beloved customer.

No i don't routinely install used parts from unknown quality and mileage.

Because LKQ who dominates the market will warranty used parts and refund labor on major components. They might be more expensive but they stand behind it

Someone brings tires bought online, has an issue.. who do they blame first. The place that installed it. And you are 100% wrong, most people even young ones want turn key service. Meanwhile give a fair price and they will have the job done vs ordering online and then running around. Funny so many in here act like they know the industry but don't have a single fuck

I can warranty with suppliers and they won't even argue. Here you go. Online? Yea send us the parts back, we will look at them... Maybe issue a credit. JHM Audi Parts shipped us a itch that was machined incorrect and then refused to warranty it...

Having an app that you submit bids for the lowest price is just the race to the bottom. No shop worth a damn should be dealing with people like that. You will just attract pure crap and headaches. Very similar to what happened on U Ship

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I never mentioned anything whatsoever about any bringing ebay or any parts, that is between the garage and customer, but include me there if you would like.

My reply was to your sourness every time a mechanic thread comes out you always like like we should all feel sorry for the poor garages that never make any profit and specifically this ''Ah oui j'oubliais, tout le monde au Quebec a le droit de faire un profit descent sauf ceux qui ont des garages.''...Good thing I do my own work on my cars and dont have to deal with sour mechanics like yourself. Thats all, good day now.

Pas de trouble man...fais ce que tu veux c'est entièrement dans ton droit, nous on les revire tous ceux qui apporte leur parts... c'est toujours une clientele particuliere ( ou avisé selon certain lol) qu'on veut VRAIMENT pas avoir... moi je m'en calis bien, la court est pleine. Mais si vous comprenez pas qu'un garage a besoin d'une quote sur les piece pour arrivé a la fin du mois....vous avez vraiment un probleme.

Because LKQ who dominates the market will warranty used parts and refund labor on major components. They might be more expensive but they stand behind it

Someone brings tires bought online, has an issue.. who do they blame first. The place that installed it. And you are 100% wrong, most people even young ones want turn key service. Meanwhile give a fair price and they will have the job done vs ordering online and then running around. Funny so many in here act like they know the industry but don't have a single fuck

I can warranty with suppliers and they won't even argue. Here you go. Online? Yea send us the parts back, we will look at them... Maybe issue a credit. JHM Audi Parts shipped us a itch that was machined incorrect and then refused to warranty it...

Having an app that you submit bids for the lowest price is just the race to the bottom. No shop worth a damn should be dealing with people like that. You will just attract pure crap and headaches. Very similar to what happened on U Ship

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk
The guy is driving with a bent wheel and blaming his mechanic for it..

Ceux qui refusent les clients qui amenent leur propre pieces, est-ce qu’ils demandent au moins la marque des pieces ou bien d’ou ils l’ont acheté avant ou bien cest un refus categorique peu importe?

J'ai fait des comparaisons avec les sites online de parts d'ici au Canada. Même avec le shipping et les frais de douane, Rockauto revient toujours moins cher. Et puis Rockauto a toutes les grande marques qu'ici au Canada sont ''dures'' à trouver.

exemple , mes pads Motorcraft hd , 78.50 , tax in shipping de 8-9 jours inclus sur rockauto.com
sur amazon 75.44 tax in 1 day shipping

cet exemple est banal , mais dans le cas de disque , leur shipping tue le deal , 2 disques avant de pick-up , c'est 160$ de shipping !! Peut-importe, Sherbrooke, Montréal, St-Heurôme et tu tombe 75-100$ + cher que AutoShack en Ontario qui vend sur Amazon.ca ou Ebay

Amazon for auto parts I cannot find anything every time I look, I looked a few times but honestly cant find my way, either not in stock, 3rd party seller... I find rockauto so easy to use and navigate I stick to it, it is truly an idiot proof web site.

Amazon a pas grand chose qui se trouve pas à un magasin à proximité et c'est souvent le même prix ou plus cher. Le web a beaucoup plus à offrir quand on fouille ailleurs

Ceux qui refusent les clients qui amenent leur propre pieces, est-ce qu’ils demandent au moins la marque des pieces ou bien d’ou ils l’ont acheté avant ou bien cest un refus categorique peu importe?

D'apres moi ils refusent toute pieces pcq ils veulent leur bonne quote % sur les pieces qu'ils vont te vendre.

Anyways y'a surement pas que moi qui achete des pièces de qualitée correct et amène au garage.
j'achete sur Cj Pony pour la Mustang , derniere shot 2 Monroe arriere calissement moins cher qu'au garage et derniere shot pour l'Escape , disques et pads de qualité chez Théroux calissement moins cher qu'au garage , ç'est Masaker qui me les avait vendu.

Fak c'est pas tout le monde qui achete des pieces a chier chinoise ou usagé magané ....

Last edited:
D'apres moi ils refusent toute pieces pcq ils veulent leur bonne quote % sur les pieces qu'ils vont te vendre.
Pas vraiment car en général les garages jouent avec la main d'oeuvre pour récupérer la perte de "profit sur la pièce"... en fait, c'est souvent plus une question de couvrir le taponnage supplémentaire.

Pas vraiment car en général les garages jouent avec la main d'oeuvre pour récupérer la perte de "profit sur la pièce"... en fait, c'est souvent plus une question de couvrir le taponnage supplémentaire.

Ç'est pas ce que l'autre braillait.

Mais si vous comprenez pas qu'un garage a besoin d'une quote sur les piece pour arrivé a la fin du mois....vous avez vraiment un probleme.

Ç'est pas ce que l'autre braillait.
Je dis exactement la même chose que lui en passant, je fais juste ajouter que la partie perdu est simplement retrouver ailleurs. Mais c'est pas ça la vraie raison pourquoi les garages aiment pas quand les clients amènent leurs pièces.. Le post de OP est un bon exemple, client amène ses propres pièces de qualité douteuse, le garage installe les dites pièces, le char marche tout croche. OP blâme le garage, le garage lui blâme les pièces. Pis légalement le garage doit garantir le travail effectué même si il juge qu'il n'est pas la cause des problemes.. alors il perd de l'argent et il peut pas appeler son fournisseur pour lui donner de la marde et remplacer la pièce en garantie. Perte de temps, d'argent, un client insatisfait qui peut briser une réputation.

Et je vais ajouter, que je crois aussi que le mécanicien à l'air d'avoir fait un travail douteux et questionnable. Mais impossible à dire puisque OP à donner aucune information pertinentes et n'est pas aller chercher une 2e expertises.

Anyways y'a surement pas que moi qui achete des pièces de qualitée correct et amène au garage.
j'achete sur Cj Pony pour la Mustang , derniere shot 2 Monroe arriere calissement moins cher qu'au garage et derniere shot pour l'Escape , disques et pads de qualité chez Théroux calissement moins cher qu'au garage , ç'est Masaker qui me les avait vendu.

Fak c'est pas tout le monde qui achete des pieces a chier chinoise ou usagé magané ....
Je peut avoir tout les même pièces encore, mais je suis sur mon propre compte.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Back