Votre avis?

Dans ton cas tu trouves justement un shop qui accepte de faire ce genre de job.

Ensuite c'est de trouver le shop qui en fait et qui est moins cabochon que celui de OP.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

La shop ou je vais sont des gars de course. Ils sont méticuleux et patients. Rien n'est laisser pour contre. Ils voulaient me vendre une clutch LUK a 900$. Mais j'ai préféré acheter le kit Thick/Monster. Ils ont pas dit un mot et ont passé 2 jours a gosser sur mon char avec un gros smile et moi qui les regarde a fummer des toppes pis boire de la beer.

J'ai déjà été dans des garages de pedleur pis me suis faite fourrer une couple de fois aussi quand je commençais dans l'univers des voitures modifiées.

Oui on a une vie decente a cause qu'on retourne de bors tout les cheap fuck avec leur piece ebay. C'est simple non? C'est tu trop dur a comprendre?

Broody Rejjy Nismobile SVP SVP SVP continué a apporter vos morceaux, comme ca je vais etre sur de jamais travailler sur vos guenilles.

En passant j'ai pas de garage comme certain ont mentionné ici mais c'est vrai que j'ai une corvette (ouuu la grosse dépense)

I never mentioned anything whatsoever about any bringing ebay or any parts, that is between the garage and customer, but include me there if you would like.

My reply was to your sourness every time a mechanic thread comes out you always like like we should all feel sorry for the poor garages that never make any profit and specifically this ''Ah oui j'oubliais, tout le monde au Quebec a le droit de faire un profit descent sauf ceux qui ont des garages.''...Good thing I do my own work on my cars and dont have to deal with sour mechanics like yourself. Thats all, good day now.

Thing is, legally speaking this is hugely arguable and they can bring you to court.

We never had an issue with this. But we are not a car garage, we are a CNC manufacturer.
But the principal is the same, they sign document saying they accept any outcome from said repair and they pay.

We never had an issue with this. But we are not a car garage, we are a CNC manufacturer.
But the principal is the same, they sign document saying they accept any outcome from said repair and they pay.
Doesn't work that way. Let's say the part fail a few days after the repair, customer end up into into an accident, killing 1 person in the process. Good luck proving your signed paper takes all your liability out. That's the most extreme case, but most cases end up in arguing between garages and customers about failed bad parts vs wrong installation. It's a constant and never ending circle jerk.

Last edited:
Doesn't work that way. Let's say the part fail a few days after the repair, customer end up into into an accident, killing 1 person in the process. Good luck proving your signed paper takes all your liability out.

ok, you make a good point there. I know our lawyers taken care of that since it does say ' we assume no responsibility'. But for a garage, i see where that can be a waste of time to fight it.

Pour ca que ca prendrait plus de garage DIY, plus dans le sens de ca en prendrait POINT. Genre le garage est en criss parce que tu lui apportes un spindle au lieu du char au complet. Eille j'te payerais pas 2H pour avoir besoin de ta presse 10 minutes.

Blabla assurance, blabla zonage, rien a foutre, tout le monde serait heureux, un monde de calinours.
Les garages diy devrait être ilegale ou devrait demander des cartes de compétences pour être utiliser.

Apporter ses propres pièces, c'est énormément de trouble pour les garanties.
- Quand tout va bien et sait à quoi s'attendre, tout le monde est content.
- Quand ça va mal et que les gens savaient à quoi s'attendre, tout le monde est content.
- Quand ça va mal et que les parties doivent en arriver à un arrangement, ça chie solide.

Une réparation d'auto, c'est garanti 3 mois ou 5000 km. (Pièces et main d'oeuvre)

Si tu apportes ta propre pièce et qu'elle chie, le garage est en criss parce que la main d'oeuvre est à ses frais pour une pièce qu'il n'a pas fourni. Il y aura toujours un doute quant à la provenance de la pièce et le lien de confiance est brisé. Quand le garage fournit la pièce, il sait à quoi s'en tenir et tout le monde est content.

Apporter ses propres pièces, c'est énormément de trouble pour les garanties.
- Quand tout va bien et sait à quoi s'attendre, tout le monde est content.
- Quand ça va mal et que les gens savaient à quoi s'attendre, tout le monde est content.
- Quand ça va mal et que les parties doivent en arriver à un arrangement, Rien la

Une réparation d'auto, c'est garanti 1an

Fixed

Anyway il a beaucoup de garage qui refuse que tu apporte tes pièces c’est là dessus qui font leur profit

1 an is a long time...3 months everywhere here afaik.

Id stick with that place if I were you.

Yup.

Bonus le proprio a une Camaro 5gen SC, et c'est une entreprise familliale (maman italia le père et les 2 fils)
11983810.jpg

Pas toujours facile trouver des mecanos de confiance qui pensent comme toi.

In all honesty, if I go to a garage I'd rather use the parts that they provide to prevent exactly this from happening. Getting into fights is more stress and time than the money you save however, if I ask to use original parts and the garage says that he can`t get it I will usually ask the garage if it's ok for me to bring him ORIGINAL parts, in which many cases they don`t have issues with. If I buy my own jobber parts it's because I expect to do the job myself. The fighting and aggravation is not worth the savings. Now in terms of what happened to the OP, I laugh at the response. Bolts don't just loose by themselves especially after only 600kms. If they didn't fit properly the garage should have said these bolts are garbage, I can order you better ones. He didn`t. The only reason the bolts would get loose is if he didn't tighten them properly. And for those who say they've never seen their mechanic use a torque wrench, well it`s because either they didnt have to on your car yet or maybe your mechanic is not working properly.

When you install a exhaust manifold or headers or anything near the engine you need to use a torque wrench for 2 reasons, 1) so that you don't overtighten the bolts and either snap the bolts or crack the manifold 2) it being so close to the engine the vibration can loosen the bolts so if they're not tightened to spec you wll get exhaust leaks and risk breaking something from the vibration when it comes apart like it happened to the OP.

For all of you arguing about bringing your own parts, not to bring your own parts, it is pointless. The mechanic accepted to do the job, didn't do the job properly, didn't warn the OP about the risk of the bolts loosening up, Either he fixes the issue or he doesnt. If he chooses not to hopefully the OP has a bill (didnt pay cash) he can go to small claims since the labor is guaranteed regardless of the provenance of the parts. The mechanic accepted to do the job he assumes the risk.

ITT: Lot of people pissed off that the car parts cartel business model is under pressure from direct to consumer alternatives.

The genie won't go back in the bottle because you guys liked the good old days were you got coddled by Napa et al and no one dared compete.

I hope you monsters don't shop on Amazon. Think of the retailers /middlemen that doesn't get a chance to mark up the product before it gets to you. Think of all the kids that won't go to ivy league schools because of your tech savvy and selfish ways.

Back