MR Legal advice needed

android25ua

Hey MR

Need some legal advice/suggestions here please.

I'll spare the details of the type of item/nature of transaction/name of supplier for the time being as this is still in the process of being resolved.

I intend to buy an item,
I inquire about said item,
I receive a quote for said item with item's serial number AA1 and item's hours (hourometer) at 5000hours for the price 20 000
I show up to the warehouse to view said item, and I am walked through the warehouse through similar/identical items of varying year/hourometers, all the way to the back of the warehouse where I am directed to the item in question.
Upon inspection I am told several times that the item in question/item quoted is the item that is being viewed at the back of the warehouse
Upon further inspection, I take pictures of said item, item nameplate and realize the item hourometer is at 500hours (not 5000 as quoted). I straight up verbally inquire about this. I am told that it is a typo made in the offer (quote) but the item viewed is still the item quoted.
I like the item, I proceed to confirm verbally that I will purchase the item.
I inquire about the next steps, I am told that I should send an official offer
Confirm that, shake hands on sale, leave.
Upon my return and preparation of offer, I notice that the serial of the item that I viewed (from pictures I took) is different to serial listed on quote.
I send an e-mail to ask if this is a mistake
I receive a corrected offer with the serial that matches item that I viewed in person, for price 20 000
I ask the offer to be formulated with respect to newly quoted serial and send that off.
Couple days pass, no return.
Call to follow up: receive bullshit of "have to enter paperwork in the system, have to have item inspected, etc etc"
Call territory manager to speed up the process and the item is being bough outright, no financing, no bullshit, just take money and give me what I want
Couple hours pass receive call from salesperson that took me around the warehouse hugely backtracking and saying oh this oh that mistake, etc the item that was viewed is 30 000

Suggestions?

I receive a corrected offer with the serial that matches item that I viewed in person, for price 20 000
I ask the offer to be formulated with respect to newly quoted serial and send that off.

Can't help but that part isn't clear to me. Why do you ask the offer to be reformulated with the right serial if you just received a corrected offer with the right serial?

Je vais y aller avec OPBX la dessus. T'a pas de contrat et une poignée de main est difficile à prouver sans avoir aucune preuve par écrit. Le deal est pas closé tant que l'argent n'a pas été remis. Sinon tu aurais eu un bon deal à cause de leur erreur.

Can't help but that part isn't clear to me. Why do you ask the offer to be reformulated with the right serial if you just received a corrected offer with the right serial?

First offer was listing the wrong serial number (different from the unit i saw in person)
I ask for that to be corrected and I get a revision with the correct serial, without a price change.
So I accept that with a purchase order

First offer was listing the wrong serial number (different from the unit i saw in person)
I ask for that to be corrected and I get a revision with the correct serial, without a price change.
So I accept that with a purchase order
Consult a lawyer to know if you have a recourse, if in doubt.

Des pratiques d'affaires douteuses mènent à des relations-client douteuse et à un service après-vente douteux très souvent.
Passe à ton deuxième choix.

Des pratiques d'affaires douteuses mènent à des relations-client douteuse et à un service après-vente douteux très souvent.
Passe à ton deuxième choix.
Tu fais entretenir de l'autre côté de la rue.

Back