Thread de jogging/course à pied.

Je reviens d'une semaine de rando dans l'ouest et j'ai faite ma run la plus décalissante ever : 1300m de gain d'élévation sur une loop de 8km (donc un incline moyen de genre 30°). Fait en 5h environ. J'ai jamais eu les jambes autant scrap de toute ma vie, et ce même 5 jours plus tard....

A défaut d'avoir de l'incline dans mon coin, je cours pas mal toujours sur du flat... ya tu un substitut pour ça? Je trip sur le hiking et j'ai le feeling que mon training ne me prépare pas autant que je le voudrais pour ce genre de scénario...

Une de mes amies qui fait beaucoup de course avait un abonnement cheap genre econofitness et elle y allait une fois par semaine uniquement pour courir sur un tapis avec inclinaison. Dans le cas où tu n’as pas l’espace pour un tapis à la maison.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Une de mes amies qui fait beaucoup de course avait un abonnement cheap genre econofitness et elle y allait une fois par semaine uniquement pour courir sur un tapis avec inclinaison. Dans le cas où tu n’as pas l’espace pour un tapis à la maison.
Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Une bonne alternative.. Je regardais les tapis et les avis de mon entourage.. un qui a de l'allure coute genre $1500+....wtf..

So some questions about layering up, tonight I went for a quick run (making my way up to 5k non-stop) and I had a dri-fit t-shirt and another dri-fit style long sleeve over with shorts. My legs were ok but I felt cold on the back of my shoulders and hands. Am I overly 'frileux'? I don't wanna wear a 3rd jacket over it and gloves in this weather seem like an overkill but damn it. my hands were ice cold.

Wear a hoodie and gloves. You can start running with the capuchon on and as you warm up, take the capuchon off. Same thing with gloves, you can always take them off mid-run. Thats exactly what I did yesturday night.

PR story

J'ai de la misère a faire des sub 30min 5k. Ça tourne toujours entre 30 et 32 min, avec lifetime PR de genre 29:30. Bref j'ai toujours blâmé le fait qu'a 215lbs c'est dure de courir vite.. Anyway, j'ai passé plus d'une semaine a faire du gros trekking dans l'ouest... low pace, incliné et backpack.. reviens icite, change mes sneaker de gym pour de bon soulier de course..

Tantôt, première run depuis presque un mois : Bam, 28.05 5k

Lesson learned from someone who was too eager to go further everyday.. I developed that runner's knee (patellofemoral syndrome)… I'm upset that I cannot run and every step under my left knee cap/outside causes pressure.

Finally my usual 10K route is cleared from any snow, yesterday I did my first outdoor 10K on a total whim and improved BIG time over last year's 46:47 time Screenshot_20220404-192511_Strava.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

^ Nice

I developed severe foot pain at the beginning of February and when I went to see a podiatrist, he basically told me I'd need orthopedic soles, well $600 later (thank you insurance for covering 80%) and 2 months of rest I ran a little 4km alternating with walking for the first time.
1 - Cardio dies within weeks of not running, it feels like sh*t
2 - foot pain just doesn't go away but it's much less
3 - my quads and calves are dead

^ Nice

I developed severe foot pain at the beginning of February and when I went to see a podiatrist, he basically told me I'd need orthopedic soles, well $600 later (thank you insurance for covering 80%) and 2 months of rest I ran a little 4km alternating with walking for the first time.
1 - Cardio dies within weeks of not running, it feels like sh*t
2 - foot pain just doesn't go away but it's much less
3 - my quads and calves are dead

damn that sucks!

I sprained my ankle back in January and did not do much for almost 2 months...mostly walking and very light treadmill running at the gym.
you are right cardio was terrible when I started again

That's a very good pace sotam.

Accord, sucks for your foot. Cardio... don't worry about it, from all the forms of training you can do, cardio is the easiest thing to build back up.

I plan on getting back into the groove of things, so many people were running outside a couple of days ago and I loved seeing that.

Tried the Saucony Endorphin speed 2... wow what a pair of running shoes, the faster I went the better it felt but it was stable enough for slow runs too.. I can totally use these as every day running shoes.. i get the hype now.

I plan on getting back into the groove of things, so many people were running outside a couple of days ago and I loved seeing that.

I got what I believe to be a stress fracture on my foot in early April. got 2 x-rays with nothing visible, was at the hospital the first time because I could barely walk and didnt want to wait to see my family doctor, did another xray with my doctor and nothing. Seems like I would need and MRI, my Doctor already sent the demand 3 weeks ago to lakeshore and I submitted the MRI request papers to my local Hospital. I was told it could be a 3 month lead-time before getting a call back.

My family doctor was completely uselss and offered no help or tips whatsoever.

i have not ran since and I am quite sad about it honestly:( if anyone has any good tips or has had a similar foot injury I would really appreciate any input.

Tried the Saucony Endorphin speed 2... wow what a pair of running shoes, the faster I went the better it felt but it was stable enough for slow runs too.. I can totally use these as every day running shoes.. i get the hype now.

its crazy how much of a difference good shoes make..you are totally right about the faster you go the faster they feel!

^ I do think stress fractures from what I read just need to heal on their own - which means you gotta rest. Maybe you can swim or bike in the mean time to keep up your cardio? if not maybe see a podiatrist, I saw one and ended up getting orthopedic insoles and run in them now

Je suis allé courir en fin d'après midi pour aller chercher les kids, y faisait 31C. Pas de casquette, un chandail noir. Je me suis partiellement liquéfier. Pas battu de recors de vitesse non plus lol

Moi aussi je me botte le cul pour recommencer. Je fais un 5k ici et là pis je décourage parce que je fais pas en bas de 5m/km vu que je suis pu en forme.

J'ai moins de motivation vu que j'ai pas de monde qui me motive sur Strava ahaha

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Jai commencé a jogger quand jai pas le temps de bike...
Ca decalisse le corps au complet ,jai mal partout apres un 8km lol

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

^ I do think stress fractures from what I read just need to heal on their own - which means you gotta rest. Maybe you can swim or bike in the mean time to keep up your cardio? if not maybe see a podiatrist, I saw one and ended up getting orthopedic insoles and run in them now
Ive been biking for the past couple months at the gym...its slowly getting better but i know i still shouldnt run on it...sucks,hopefully i can back into it at the end of summer

Sent from my SM-G981W using Tapatalk

^ I'd be too embarassed to add any of you.. I suck at running. Also this weather is brutal.. I usually run after sunset but even at that....

Back