Tesla owner charged with ‘sleeping’ while driving over...

Scooter

Premium
Tesla owner charged with ‘sleeping’ while driving over 90 mph...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/18/21445168/tesla-driver-sleeping-police-charged-canada-autopilot

There is nobody in the car !!! OMG

Officers began to pursue the vehicle with their emergency lights flashing, at which point the vehicle “automatically began to accelerate,” eventually reaching a speed of 150 km/h ( rear collision detection) ! LOVE ITTTT
tesla_mr_image.0.jpg

Tesla owner charged with ‘sleeping’ while driving over 90 mph...

https://www.theverge.com/2020/9/18/21445168/tesla-driver-sleeping-police-charged-canada-autopilot

There is nobody in the car !!! OMG

Officers began to pursue the vehicle with their emergency lights flashing, at which point the vehicle “automatically began to accelerate,” eventually reaching a speed of 150 km/h ( rear collision detection) ! LOVE ITTTT
https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/nsd...rus_image/image/67430552/tesla_mr_image.0.jpg

I've read it sped up because autopilot it had been set a higher speed and "traffic" opened up in front of it, allowing to resume it's pace.

I doubt it had anything to do with rear collision mitigation tech. It would be sort of interesting if you could "trick" a Tesla to speed up past a photo radar on account of following a little too close.

I've read it sped up because autopilot it had been set a higher speed and "traffic" opened up in front of it, allowing to resume it's pace.

I doubt it had anything to do with rear collision mitigation tech. It would be sort of interesting if you could "trick" a Tesla to speed up past a photo radar on account of following a little too close.
We'll probably never know the real reason. But I see what you say...there is a small chance it is like what you said.

Question: Comment le "conducteur" peut être accuser de conduite dangereuse s'il dormait et que l'auto-pilot de Telsa était opérationnel? S'il faut trouver un coupable, c'est l'autopilot qui roulait à 140km/h, donc Tesla.

Question: Comment le "conducteur" peut être accuser de conduite dangereuse s'il dormait et que l'auto-pilot de Telsa était opérationnel? S'il faut trouver un coupable, c'est l'autopilot qui roulait à 140km/h, donc Tesla.

Au niveau de la loi, je ne suis pas certain que ‘autopilot’ existe! Tu dois certainement devoir assumer une veille pour être légal. Ca
Doit etee tres clair dans les notices de tesla de ce conformer a la réglementation locale

Probablement qu'avec un bon avocat et un juge ''by the book'' tu pourrais surment sortir un précédent incroyable sur la responsabilité de l'autopilot lors d'une infraction...

This is ain't an autonomous vehicle. Autopilot is a driver assist tool, the driver is responsible for the car behavior 100% of the time.

Back