How much do roofers make? The crew

To be honest I started this thread because I was looking to knock some people clearing ~200K (or more) off their fucking high horse. They're comped like they're in an eat what you kill type role (and doing a lot of killing) but they're just burning capital with travel and bullshit deals that never materialize (or if they do materialize it's because they overpromised/discounted/etc)

The frustration is somewhat apparent. It looks like you're going for shock value, but the comparison is so far out the expected frame of reference as to be pretty meaningless.

If my boss tried to light a fire under my ass by telling me all about the plights of the people working in trades I'd probably start wearing some carhart clothes to work just to fuck with him. I don't think it would motivate me to go above and beyond for his sake, I'd just think he doesn't "get it".

Are you willing to bet that any short term benefits you'd get from this spiel would offset the potential loss in relationships that may result from a perceived lack of respect?

I bet managing a bunch of prima donna salespeople is a lot of fun lol.

The frustration is somewhat apparent. It looks like you're going for shock value, but the comparison is so far out the expected frame of reference as to be pretty meaningless.

If my boss tried to light a fire under my ass by telling me all about the plights of the people working in trades I'd probably start wearing some carhart clothes to work just to fuck with him. I don't think it would motivate me to go above and beyond for his sake, I'd just think he doesn't "get it".

Are you willing to bet that any short term benefits you'd get from this spiel would offset the potential loss in relationships that may result from a perceived lack of respect?

I bet managing a bunch of prima donna salespeople is a lot of fun lol.

Wrote a reply but deleted it by accident when trying to edit a word, jist of it is this;

The guys I'm referring to are not my team, they are in fact the people getting in the way of my team succeeding. We need to get management to realize (through back channels) that a layer of sales is taking advantage of the company's generosity and objectively contributing perhaps 25 percent roi from their salary while guys like mine are doing essential work and dollar for dollar are the most powerful generators of return. Their work is absolutely crucial and they need a bigger salary pool.

My job is to set my guys up for success by supplying them with what they need to do their work, simple as that. They are brilliant.

Wrote a reply but deleted it by accident when trying to edit a word, jist of it is this;

The guys I'm referring to are not my team, they are in fact the people getting in the way of my team succeeding. We need to get management to realize (through back channels) that a layer of sales is taking advantage of the company's generosity and objectively contributing perhaps 25 percent roi from their salary while guys like mine are doing essential work and dollar for dollar are the most powerful generators of return. Their work is absolutely crucial and they need a bigger salary pool.

My job is to set my guys up for success by supplying them with what they need to do their work, simple as that. They are brilliant.

Good luck, a majority of companies are like this. Sales is everything. I remember a CEO told me 'He can do whatever the fuck he wants, as long as I am making money'. As long as they bring in the numbers, they are rock stars.

Good luck, a majority of companies are like this. Sales is everything. I remember a CEO told me 'He can do whatever the fuck he wants, as long as I am making money'. As long as they bring in the numbers, they are rock stars.
Exactly.

Front end always always make more $ than the back-end.

Salaire moyen a la Grenade 5$/heure canadien. J’ai le gout de m’engager une cuisinière a temps plein lol

I've worked with/on sales teams at other companies, there they were paid well and deserved it because they were killers. The level of comfort and bloat/abuse I'm talking about where I'm at now from these guys would boil your blood. They use this black box type approach to justify their comp, I'm taking a scalpel to their logic/reasoning behind the scenes, we have the ear of the people who matter.

If they replaced these guys with some actual pros (you know the type) I'd be fine with it. People who actually know how to sell and bring in cash flow that justifies their pay. Try pulling this kind of shit I'm seeing at let's say a bank etc. You'd be out on your ass within a year and your pay would reflect the shit year you had on the way out

I've worked with/on sales teams at other companies, there they were paid well and deserved it because they were killers. The level of comfort and bloat/abuse I'm talking about where I'm at now from these guys would boil your blood. They use this black box type approach to justify their comp, I'm taking a scalpel to their logic/reasoning behind the scenes, we have the ear of the people who matter.

If they replaced these guys with some actual pros (you know the type) I'd be fine with it. People who actually know how to sell and bring in cash flow that justifies their pay. Try pulling this kind of shit I'm seeing at let's say a bank etc. You'd be out on your ass within a year and your pay would reflect the shit year you had on the way out

Let us know if u achieve your goal. i'm curious to know if there are still managers out there that cares.
I used to say that about slackers too' if they were working somewhere else, they'd be gone'
Fast forward, I'm working with a multi national and we used to have a guy that drills 2 holes per week and goes on tinder for the rest of work week, same shit.

Let us know if u achieve your goal. i'm curious to know if there are still managers out there that cares.
I used to say that about slackers too' if they were working somewhere else, they'd be gone'
Fast forward, I'm working with a multi national and we used to have a guy that drills 2 holes per week and goes on tinder for the rest of work week, same shit.

We're small enough that change will happen, ownership is tight, they just need to see that they're being gaslit by certain people. I respect the owners immensely, I really do, that's part of the reason I feel so shitty about them being taken advantage of.

Jai un des chum qui est couvreur ya appris sa de son pere ye tout seul dans sa compagnie pis ye pas a pleindre metton pis spa un keven qui bois du monster

Envoyé de mon LG-H873 en utilisant Tapatalk

Back