Displacement on demand & registration fees?

fabchef

Hi guys. Was thinking of this the other day..how does DOD and regi fees work? If the engine is lets say a 5.7 V8, but at easy cruising speed it goes down to 4 cylinders, is the car still registered as large engine capacity? Or a small engine size? Or do they go somewhere in the middle (no oversize fees)?
Thanks fab

Tvq / tps

Tu Vis au Québec Tu Paies en Sacrament

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Lelz the engine isnt variable displacement.

I'd start the displacement tax at 2001cc 3000cc but that's me or new cars at g/c02. similar to what's done in UK. Those sneaky Ford trucks are toting the rules. Diesel you automatically pay the highest cap

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I'd start the displacement tax at 2001cc 3000cc but that's me or new cars at g/c02. similar to what's done in UK. Those sneaky Ford trucks are toting the rules. Diesel you automatically pay the highest cap

Non mais il désactive des cylindres...

Un 6.2 qui tombe en V4 devient un 3.1 lol

Mais sérieux j'en ai eu plusieurs dont un 5.3 qui faisait du V4 et le nouveau 6.2 qui fait du 1 a 8 cylindre variable et ca le tiens jamais a cruising speed. Ca varie continuellement.

tenor.gif

ça change rien. paye mon esti.

mais un 3,8TT de 650hp, you're good!

It's funny but extremely accurate. Also line 1 of your text is applicable to most things in life lol.

The car registration corresponds to the number of cylinders it has in total, regardless of their activity.

Wow, the marketing department really got you good if you believe that's a noteworthy thing.

Shit runs on all cylindres 99% of the time unless you're coasting / decelerating.

It's funny but extremely accurate. Also line 1 of your text is applicable to most things in life lol.

The car registration corresponds to the number of cylinders it has in total, regardless of their activity.

Pas au nombre de cylindres mais au volume total du moteur.

Un V10 de 2.5L paierait le meme montant de plaque qu'un 5cyl 2.5L

Mon V10 de 6.8L me coute 370$ de taxe de cylindrée

And anything over 3750lbs gets a tiered weight tax as well. 1500$ a year to register that daily driver pick up you don't need. Driving is too cheap in North America

I am a horrible person

qu'on taxe les gens qui on un pick-up sans licence RBQ, à la quantité de vieux boomer qui se promène en pickup boite de 5.5/6.5 ça va être payant , le même genre de taxe que le gouvernement a instauré pour les SUV full size comme l'expédition

donne rien de taxer ceux avec une licence RBQ , il vont refiler la facture aux clients

Pas au nombre de cylindres mais au volume total du moteur.

Un V10 de 2.5L paierait le meme montant de plaque qu'un 5cyl 2.5L

Mon V10 de 6.8L me coute 370$ de taxe de cylindrée

That’s what I mean, didn’t express myself properly
Volume covered by one piston from TDC to BDC multiplied by number of cylinders

And anything over 3750lbs gets a tiered weight tax as well. 1500$ a year to register that daily driver pick up you don't need. Driving is too cheap in North America

I am a horrible person

I’d be curious to know the ratio of pickup owners that need a pickup vs owners that don’t.
I see a lot of people with a Dully without a tow mirrors option, or f150 without a tow ball

I’d be curious to know the ratio of pickup owners that need a pickup vs owners that don’t.
I see a lot of people with a Dully without a tow mirrors option, or f150 without a tow ball
I'm driving the shop truck this weekend for moving building materials and house stuff. Convient yes but i wouldnt want to daily drive one. Too big and the ride is actually worse than a BMW with runflats. That being said trucks are cheap, good value to dollar ratio. We are getting a 2021 F150 as a replacement for the Sierra so it will be a bit more refined but I just can't see myself daily driving one if I didn't have the use for it

95% des pickup 1/2ton(1500/F-150) pourraient être remplacer par une minivan pi leurs propriétaires seraient autant satisfait.

Back