Chrysler/dodge....3.5 or hemi..rwd or awd?

fabchef

Hi guys, how goes it? I was thinking of getting a second "fun" sunday car. I've always like the Chrysler 300 or dodge charger. Budget wise seems to lead to older models. I was wondering how reliable either engine are? Does the 3.5 have some guts to it? Only gripe with the 3.5 is the timing belt 😕. The hemi is probably more gas hog?
Also, i might drive it in winter. I've drivenrwd cars in the past. How do these rwd cars do in snow? Any good with winter tires or awd is a must? Thanks
Fab

Ouain... si tu es pour prendre une voiture qui est destinée à avoir un v8 mais que tu peux juste pas, prend au moins le v6 3.6.

Envoyé de mon SM-G988W en utilisant Tapatalk

Not sure if you're a troll or not, but stay away from those older 300's unless you like to change control arms every 3 months.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

I had heard about suspension parts are the weaker part. Did they get better after a certain year?
I read about the 3.6, with good reviews, but i think it's out of what i would want to spend.
I know the hemi might cost a bit more on gas, but also higher registration fees (larger engine), right?

On the rwd vs awd, what would you go for? I'm leaning towards the rwd...simpler design, less to go wrong. Good assumption?
Fab

The 3.5 is trash and so is the 5 speed transmission. Not because the tranny isn't reliable, but because it feels like it's geared for the autobahn (too tall) and the engine doesn't have enough torque to make the most of it. The hemi is probably a better match for it. Might even be fun.

The difference with a 3.6 / 8 speed combo is night and day. You'd have to be somewhat crazy to settle for a 3.5.

Ok thanks. Where the earlier hemi engine good(2005-2008)? Any issues?
Is the hemi a pretty reliable engine?
Fab

Ok thanks. Where the earlier hemi engine good(2005-2008)? Any issues?
Is the hemi a pretty reliable engine?
Fab
Mes parents on eu un Jeep Grand Cherokee et la seule chose de bon après ca c'est le 5.7 Hemi.. transmission, direction, bearings de roues toute de la scrap. Si ta pas les moyens pour un 300 plus récent avec le Pentastar ou Hemi.. achete rien tant qu'a moi.

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

for those years its hemi or nothing, later years the 3.6 is ok and they cars are better in general

Sent from my SM-N986W using Tapatalk

I had heard about suspension parts are the weaker part. Did they get better after a certain year?
I read about the 3.6, with good reviews, but i think it's out of what i would want to spend.
I know the hemi might cost a bit more on gas, but also higher registration fees (larger engine), right?

On the rwd vs awd, what would you go for? I'm leaning towards the rwd...simpler design, less to go wrong. Good assumption?
Fab
2007 300c with the Hemi has no big cylinder tax. The law came out in like 2008 or 2009. I don't see the appeal in these cars, also if you find one, if it's cheaply priced, it's probably rotten, if it's clean, you might have to pay upwards to 8k.

2007 300c with the Hemi has no big cylinder tax. The law came out in like 2008 or 2009. I don't see the appeal in these cars, also if you find one, if it's cheaply priced, it's probably rotten, if it's clean, you might have to pay upwards to 8k.

Yes it does have displacement tax. It applies 1995 MY+ . Pre 95 is exempt

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

That's kinda what I thought...the hemi is a cool engine, but most likely got stomped on all the time?
Fab

That's kinda what I thought...the hemi is a cool engine, but most likely got stomped on all the time?
Fab

Now I'm totally convinced this is a troll post

You are looking at a 12-15 year old car with lousy build quality on a budget. I'm sorry but all those cars are trash cans. The people who still drive them do so because they are are 1. Forced to 2. Think they're ballers. Only possible interesting mod would be a SRT-8

The facelifted models with the 3.6 , so 2011 or 2012 are the ones you should be looking at if you wish to go down that road.

My friend has a 2008 and said he doesn't pay the displacement tax.

It's pretty black and white
83737567008cbf42981e1fa5db89981c.jpg
59d02701b8d130f47a649404fc037af6.jpg
1a54fbc5b274a5162deb60ccf6188571.jpg

Back