Cirencester House- The refresh

Gregster

Legacy Member
My wife and I took possession of the house last week, we are the 3rd owners. It was built in 2005 and nothing much has been done to it since then. Thus far I've found many little annoying things that should have been rectified. Nothing major just annoying. For example the Hotwater tank is original...

We were being picky with style of home. We wanted a brick terraced house with bedrooms all on one floor vs split all over. No bungalows or similar. We were in no rush as well. This place was on the market awhile and was at the upper end of our budget. Long story short we got it just under asking. But still well under our maximum mortgage approval. Home inspection didnt reveal much but they also missed some stuff. So whatever.

Immediately we started with a major cleaning of everything before painting. As the walls had never been painted since new I sanded down everything to knock off any previous "grit" or "dust" that got there the first time around.

The kitchen is something we wanted to have done ASAP but everyone is booked. So for now it's just paint and minor changes like handles etc. I changed the faucet in the kitchen to something that can be reused later on. The original faucet was making a shit ton of noise and I didn't want to deal with changing the cartridge

3 of the 5 exterior lights were no longer working and all the fixtures glass was dirty. I replaced everything cleaned the glass. Again annoying little things
ed7d096f643394edd34671d2cc10e537.jpg
8994dfda2dd9bfeb5e4946b96904e11e.jpg
c0649bab50f5cc80dbf8dc56df13152a.jpg
8dd0e17b0d300233e03163ff19f0a7c4.jpg
fdee9b9b3143939096789615449c0350.jpg
39fda13519f0920b16b9349537034939.jpg
58fbb87d1acb8cb1a7ab8511ce4941ae.jpg
ae3567eb2dffbeeae5a894dccca904e3.jpg

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

The master bath. The shower doors were grimy as hell. It took a bottle of simple green to clean the shower... The 1 piece unit is actually nice and will do for now. We ordered new doors and taps.

The vanity is absolutely ugly as hell. That is being ripped out and replace. It will be painted and should look nice. We don't like the corner tub but with a cleaning and new taps will be fine.
d3d48abbc1f32580c2a6e65ee8e04bbc.jpg
ca567ae1de95e124a075bd4e04fa2e3c.jpg

hope you cleaned the wall with PSP before painting. (and not just sanding)

Hot water heater: My neibourg just changed his,,,it was 21years old......mine didn't last 9years! IMO If it leaking doesn't make any damaged: Let it be!

hope you cleaned the wall with PSP before painting. (and not just sanding)

Hot water heater: My neibourg just changed his,,,it was 21years old......mine didn't last 9years! IMO If it leaking doesn't make any damaged: Let it be!
Sand and cleaned with very mild TSP twice. The kitchen was the fucking worst. I'm changing it for piece of mind and the insurance is requiring it. A good friend is a plumber and Hydro Québec was offering 100$ offer on tanks.

hey greg.. my suggestion for a quick revamp of the kitchen.. call a countertop place, have granite/quartz installed (with you size kitchen.. 2800-3000$ should cut it).. then you can do backsplash yourself down the line (cheap, 300-700$ depending on tile quality).. for the doors.. call up wrap my kitchen.. you have a clean melamine finish, they can do amazing results for cheap... I've resold my 2 last properties with the wrap... sold no problem. change the oven fan (400-600$) and cabinet handles and your good to go!!

hey greg.. my suggestion for a quick revamp of the kitchen.. call a countertop place, have granite/quartz installed (with you size kitchen.. 2800-3000$ should cut it).. then you can do backsplash yourself down the line (cheap, 300-700$ depending on tile quality).. for the doors.. call up wrap my kitchen.. you have a clean melamine finish, they can do amazing results for cheap... I've resold my 2 last properties with the wrap... sold no problem. change the oven fan (400-600$) and cabinet handles and your good to go!!
I've thought of this but it's almost pointless to invest that much in this kitchen. It's not a flip. We plan on staying here awhile so I rather just have the kitchen done in a few years to our standards and tastes.

Not sure how much of deal that is.

I have a fairly similar kitchen in size to his and, at Ikea, I have for about 4-5k$ in brand new cuberts, including butcher block countertop. IMO, better to change everything if doing it yourself.

Yep this is exactly why I didn't want to post anything here. Sorry everyone is so fucking let down

What's up with the front steps? Really enjoy the terraced house look but those brick for the handrails look like they're starting to crumble and don't have many years in front of them.

Besides a few things to update here and there, I like it a lot.

The right type of shrubbery an updated address plate will go a long way towards modernizing it a bit, oh and paint your door green.

What's up with the front steps? Really enjoy the terraced house look but those brick for the handrails look like they're starting to crumble and don't have many years in front of them.

Besides a few things to update here and there, I like it a lot.

The right type of shrubbery an updated address plate will go a long way towards modernizing it a bit, oh and paint your door green.
The front steps and stone up front is getting replaced next year along with the doors. The place is 15 years old and it's obvious work is required. The HOA has it planned

Yep this is exactly why I didn't want to post anything here. Sorry everyone is so fucking let down

C'est pas négatif comme commentaire (lui a broody oui) mais je trouvais ca curieux comme matériaux pour 2005. Je magasinais les maisons neuves dans ces années la et la mode était au brun chocolat et autre matériaux plus contemporain

COnseil reno: CANAC

Ils ont vraiment des bons prix VS les autres quincaillerie. Ils semblent faire du cost + VS Reno qui vend son stock MSRP

Reste que ça a un beau potentiel, mais plafonds de 8pi seulement?

Et j'ai comme le feeling que ça va moins bien vieillir qu'un cottage de brique style années 40 vu comment ils avaient coupé les coins ronds sur certaines choses, mais les petits détails de maçonnerie laissent quand même croire que ce n'est pas un bs qui a fait la job.

^^

Tu vas voir que ca va vite en tbk 5-6000$, juste cet été je dois avoir mis 8k$ pour meubler mon patio :run:

Gregster clearly didnt got the memo. This is Montreal-big-baller-house-Racing. To join you need quartz countertop (hurry soon it'll be replaced by Dekton), inground pool and fancy fences.

Gregster clearly didnt got the memo. This is Montreal-big-baller-house-Racing. To join you need quartz countertop (hurry soon it'll be replaced by Dekton), inground pool and fancy fences.
Actually he is almost the only one on the island

Everyone else can only ball off island...

5-6 si tu en fais pas mal et que tu magasine tu peux faire un bon boute en refresh....

Peinture, luminaire, robineterie, etc.

Back