Cirencester House- The refresh

5-6 si tu en fais pas mal et que tu magasine tu peux faire un bon boute en refresh....

Peinture, luminaire, robineterie, etc.
My dad was a general contractor for years. He still has most of his accounts and told me the same. Shop around shop around. I've been buying lots at Canac, and Patrick Morin

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

let me be the first then: CONGRATULATION on the purchase!! This is one crazy time to buy, especially on the island.

looking forward to see the place evolution, I am sure you will take great care of it. The devil is in the details (lights, paint, ...) :)

Having a house that recent probably means that you won't have a ton of maintenance at this point, roof (gravel or just membrane?) in 5-10 years most likely (supposing flat roof). Water heater every 10yrs or so. No issue with foundation or major stuff like that.

:)

let me be the first then: CONGRATULATION on the purchase!! This is one crazy time to buy, especially on the island.

looking forward to see the place evolution, I am sure you will take great care of it. The devil is in the details (lights, paint, ...) :)

Having a house that recent probably means that you won't have a ton of maintenance at this point, roof (gravel or just membrane?) in 5-10 years most likely (supposing flat roof). Water heater every 10yrs or so. No issue with foundation or major stuff like that.

:)

Thanks. Roof was redone last year (BP settlement) our neighbors are very nice and friendly. They seem happy to have us

Old shite vanity out. Will prep for plumbing and paint
9bdcb42a0a85e90d20d593286660b101.jpg
3b6d3288a1856d1059dff37526cc510f.jpg
7f93aeaa0ce47a7f47ed23375026d555.jpg
2a9f9eab75818a8e027088801a6dc92b.jpg

Last edited:
Yep this is exactly why I didn't want to post anything here. Sorry everyone is so fucking let down

doesnt take much to fluster you i see lolol wow.

also, forget the wrap then, but look into just changing the doors.. check richelieu for custom doors instead of swapping the whole kitchen. cabinets are always melamine inside pretty much... just swap the doors is much less costly, and you can easily switch all doors yourself in half a day or wtv. Whenever you're ready to start doing the kitchen, I would really look into it! Obviously, more costly than a wrap, for our house considering we didnt know if we'd stay here for long with my wife, I went for the wrap, but yeah long term, I would swap doors, etc. Much cheaper than a new kitchen

btw, good investement you got there. My old agency remax 3000 is pretty much top agency of that neighbourhood and yes, the values have skyrocketed, and it will keep going! Smart move

doesnt take much to fluster you i see lolol wow.

also, forget the wrap then, but look into just changing the doors.. check richelieu for custom doors instead of swapping the whole kitchen. cabinets are always melamine inside pretty much... just swap the doors is much less costly, and you can easily switch all doors yourself in half a day or wtv. Whenever you're ready to start doing the kitchen, I would really look into it! Obviously, more costly than a wrap, for our house considering we didnt know if we'd stay here for long with my wife, I went for the wrap, but yeah long term, I would swap doors, etc. Much cheaper than a new kitchen

btw, good investement you got there. My old agency remax 3000 is pretty much top agency of that neighbourhood and yes, the values have skyrocketed, and it will keep going! Smart move

Not upset with you Toby!

Finishing up with painting. Got the section of drywall in where the medicine cabinet was. Fibreglass mesh drywall tape was out of stock at two stores... I didn't want to use paper tape.

My electrician spent the afternoon fixing some terribleness. The other way I blew the breaker when I removed a potlight from the cieling and there was that junction box. He ended up cleaning up that mess and a few more things.
f4e06bb911f6da0f7bc2d70f1ecf1ffc.jpg
c824911e652f3053b88f803cd3e68d10.jpg

with that crazy market, there is an easy way out if you need more $ if you put 20% down: get it re-evaluated after the facelift has been done, and remortgage it to 80% of the new value and use the balance to fund more home improvement.

with that crazy market, there is an easy way out if you need more $ if you put 20% down: get it re-evaluated after the facelift has been done, and remortgage it to 80% of the new value and use the balance to fund more home improvement.

Pas sûr que peinturer des murs rouges et verts, changer une vanité et des luminaires va donner beaucoup de valeur ..

Pas sûr que peinturer des murs rouges et verts, changer une vanité et des luminaires va donner beaucoup de valeur ..

ca n'as potentiellement rien a voir avec la valeur qu'il a payer! Je parle de la valeur que ça vaut sur le marché VS la balance de son hypothèque.

ca n'as potentiellement rien a voir avec la valeur qu'il a payer! Je parle de la valeur que ça vaut sur le marché VS la balance de son hypothèque.
Exact. S'agit que tu montres à l'évaluateur une coupe de maison à vendre plus chère dans le coin et le tour est joué.

Mais au lieu de prendre l'argent pour fairr plus de réno il pourrait la prendre pour investir sur le stock market ou dans une porsche air cooled

pis si tu pousse un peu, tu fais évaluer avec une projection de la valeur futur après rénovations et tu peux avoir encore plus.

peut-que que je comprends rien a vos discussions, mais comment tu fais le cas a la banque que ta maison vaut plus cher que ce que tu l'as payée il ya de ca 10 jours? Si la maison valait plus chere... elle se serait vendue plus chere.

peut-que que je comprends rien a vos discussions, mais comment tu fais le cas a la banque que ta maison vaut plus cher que ce que tu l'as payée il ya de ca 10 jours? Si la maison valait plus chere... elle se serait vendue plus chere.
This. Aucune idée de quoi vous parlez srs

Les banques font souvent demandés ça et envoyer leurs évaluateurs quand tu veux faire des travaux dans une maison. Mettons tu paie ta maison 500k avec 100k$ down (20% down, pas de SCHL) et tu veux avoir une hypothèque de 500k$ pour faire 100k de travaux.

Tu fais venir un évaluateur qui évalue la valeur marchande de ta maison dans son état actuel et une valeur projetée après travaux. Si t'as payé ta maison un prix correct ou un peu en bas du marché, ca te donne de la marge pour faire des travaux. Si t'as payé ta maison trop cher... soit tu cherche un évaluateur plus créatif, ou t'es fourrer et tu dois attendre que la valeur de ta maison augmente plus et/ou que t'ai remboursé plus de capital pour réhypothéquer à 80% de sa valeur.

Tu peux jamais aller en bas de 20% par contre.

Back