Vous faites quoi quand un garagiste vous viole?

You got hosed for 130$ the nitrogen and band install. TPMS program is either way. Generally that's included in the mount and balance. 100$ is fine, the band price is fine and the TPMS price is either way along with the valves.. valves and tpms reprogram should be worked into the main price . Nitrogen filling is the biggest scam along with "alignment verification" in the business.

Also if you sign the work order it will likely say "I declined to a written estimate" under it
Or similar

Did he tell you it was liquid nitrogen ?

You got hosed for 130$ the nitrogen and band install. TPMS program is either way. Generally that's included in the mount and balance. 100$ is fine, the band price is fine and the TPMS price is either way. Nitrogen filling is the biggest scam along with "alignment verification" in the business.

Also if you sign the work order it will likely say "I declined to a written estimate" under it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I thought the TPMS sensors program themselves ( if needed) , all you need to do is drive 5-10 minutes...

I thought the TPMS sensors program themselves ( if needed) , all you need to do is drive 5-10 minutes...
The Ford's could be fucking annoying and Lexus, two worst systems. We will relearn after install just to avoid come backs but it still happens. The Tesla's are really picky with TPMS but with new sensors.. the new system is Bluetooth based ...

While most systems will be self learning if you keep that sensor on the same position. If you move rims around you will need to reprogram.

I don't like places that nickle and dime clients. Be up front and honest with pricing Especially for simple ass work

I should also point out that 400tx in as mentioned
Therefore the price is actually 340
If you didn’t ask for nitrogen don’t pay for it
If you paid for it don’t bitch about it

I don’t understand people that pay but then rant anyway
If you’re not happy figure it out on the spot rather than agree to your misery and cry a river about it later
Don’t get how people are sometime so counterproductive

If you’re not happy figure it out on the spot rather than agree to your misery and cry a river about it later
3 for 3 today !

Or similar
So that's how they found a workaround with the law. It's quite unethical to present a work order that people think is a written estimate without explaining that signing it allows them to charge the customer for work he didn't authorize. What happens if the customer refuses to sign and demands a proper written estimate?

So that's how they found a workaround with the law. It's quite unethical to present a work order that people think is a written estimate without explaining that signing it allows them to charge the customer for work he didn't authorize. What happens if the customer refuses to sign and demands a proper written estimate?

Not really it's written into the law. Sadly there are more shit shops than good ones. It creates a bad name for the entire business. We will always present a written estimate but its just an estimate. There are cases often enough where you get into something and it requires more work... Most people are cool AF but it's those 1 or 2 that are crying over replacing one time use bolts...

Personnellement j'ai jamais eu à reprogrammer un tpms. VW la plupart du temps c'est abs based et t'as un bouton pour reset. Sinon, quand t'as des sensors, t'as rien à faire, ça se reset tout seul, même si tu change les roues de place. Fiat, c'est génial, rien a reprogrammer non plus même si tu change les roues de place (sensors), mais en plus, si tu enlève les roues avec sensors ( pas de sensors dans les roues d'hiver), le système le voit et se desactive tout seul.

Quand tu fait face à une surprise, souvent tu ne sais pas comment réagir sur le coup. Ensuite tu réfléchis et tu réalises des choses. Pattern classique et je me reconnais dans ce scénario.

You got hosed for 130$ the nitrogen and band install. TPMS program is either way. Generally that's included in the mount and balance. 100$ is fine, the band price is fine and the TPMS price is either way along with the valves.. valves and tpms reprogram should be worked into the main price . Nitrogen filling is the biggest scam along with "alignment verification" in the business.

Or similar

Agree with you on the nitrogen filling and alignment push. I got this push from a lexus dealer but i declined.
There s also the brake maintenance. Even though it s good to do it, they don’t do much other than cleaning a bit here and there, lubing the pins. And they charge 200-350$ total rip off...

Agree with you on the nitrogen filling and alignment push. I got this push from a lexus dealer but i declined.
There s also the brake maintenance. Even though it s good to do it, they don’t do much other than cleaning a bit here and there, lubing the pins. And they charge 200-350$ total rip off...
Brake maintence is key... We are running a special now. Brake service , tire install and oil change. The pads get wedged in the carrier and sliding pins jam up.

Brake maintence is key... We are running a special now. Brake service , tire install and oil change. The pads get wedged in the carrier and sliding pins jam up.

Oui et non. Ça dépend des marques. VW ça vaut pas la peine, plutôt rare que ça arrive. Mais je sais que pour plusieurs autres marques c'est vraiment nécessaire. Exemple, un Caravan à 20k km, tout est saisi.

TPMS sur un pick-up Ford , t'a pas besoin de reprogrammer ça , peut importe où tu positionne ta roue l'été suivant il va lire et te donner le psi après 2-3km

30$ pour l'azote c'est quelque chose , une maudite chance c'est gratis chez Costco hehe

c'est moins pire 345+tx

It's not uncommon to hear these types of horror stories but at the end you can always say 'no thank you' and go to another garage.

Oui et non. Ça dépend des marques. VW ça vaut pas la peine, plutôt rare que ça arrive. Mais je sais que pour plusieurs autres marques c'est vraiment nécessaire. Exemple, un Caravan à 20k km, tout est saisi.

Ca explique pourquoi Audi me disait que le brake maintenance était pas necessaire, mais quand j ai change mes disques et pads, en arriere c est le meme set up que n importe quel autre marque. En avant je comprend plus mais tout de meme il y a des points de graissage quand meme.

Ca explique pourquoi Audi me disait que le brake maintenance était pas necessaire, mais quand j ai change mes disques et pads, en arriere c est le meme set up que n importe quel autre marque. En avant je comprend plus mais tout de meme il y a des points de graissage quand meme.

En réalité, les seuls points de graissage, ce sont les slide pins. Le reste, c'est because Québec.

I disagree. The pads get wedged in the carrier all the time. Even with 2 or 4 pot calipers.

Depending on the car (some cars calipers generate more rust/dust than others) that 200-350$ can go a long way if it saves you a full caliper replacement at the next brake service.
I've seen places charge 400+ for that: that I agree is a rip-off.

Back