Vous faites quoi quand un garagiste vous viole?

if he won't give you your tires, or keys, until you fork over the cash, what do you do?

Never been in that situation because I am straight forward when it comes to what I want. Especially when it comes to something as routine and unimportant as vehicle maintenance.
I also don't go to shady garages that will try to make a dollar on bullshit like this (nitrogen, etc).
However, to answer your question: a registered letter from a lawyer fixes more things and quicker than you would ever imagine.

So you're assuming I didn't try my way out of not paying some of this nonsense? Maybe he didn't want to budge? What do you know?

Stop being a soft, which I can clearly see you were being when dropping the car off and picking it up.

You make out this situation to be solved easily on the spot, but you don't actually get the whole picture.

Because it can.
There are no shades of gray here, only black or white.

Client requested service = pay.
Client didn't request service, was advised that service needed to be performed, AGREED = pay.
Client didn't request service, was advised that service needed to be performed, DECLINED = don't pay.
Client didn't request service, was not advise that service needed to be performed, service was performed anyway = don't pay.

In OP you asked what to do, I told you and several other people did.

You broke out some Santa Barbara bullshit of whole/not whole picture etc.

So is there another side of the story where the mechanic was just trying to do their job, advised you of all service requirements that you agreed to do, then you saw the bill and went chicken wings up? Let's hear it haha.

Stop being a soft, which I can clearly see you were being when dropping the car off and picking it up.

Seems like you were there and I weren't... LOL Or maybe you work there?

Is it you too that didn't put enough air in my tires and forgot to use the torque wrench for the wheel nuts? Because these were a bitch to remove...

Back