tyres with "M+S" designation ok for winter ?

student13

Hello everyone, are tyres with "M+S" designation ok for winter in Quebec, i.e. to not get a ticket ?
PS: I do know m+s =mud+ snow, however I am getting conflicting information from garagistes and people that know more about this stuff.
Some people say mountain with snowflake picture is only allowed some people say M+S is ok , some not ok I don't know WTF anymore.

Thanks in advance

https://www.transports.gouv.qc.ca/f..., les pneus d,obligatoires demeure le 15 mars.
Pictogramme%20pneu%20d%27hiver.jpg

I would like to give some clarification that I found on the internet, tyres manufactured after 2014 need the snowflake inside the mountain designation. pre 2014 need the M+S or LT M+S designation. Just to be safe, just make sure it ha the snowflake. Ie no ticket.

Digressing off topic, I know I am going get some trolling for this however here goes: 13 were the last digits of my ID card from many years back. However if you want to place a date on me I can remember when we use to have to throw those little orange and green tickets to get on to the bus and I still remember what it was like to have a 55.6 k modem! Anyhow, let trolls be trolls I got what I needed.

j'ai toujours cru que en fait: 2014 était la derniere année ou les pneu M+S était autorisé.
il y a eu un delai de genre 4-5ans avec le M+S autorisé mais c'était autour de 2014 que ca l'était pu justement.

Le logo de la montagne existe depuis debut 90.

Back