Why are available internet packages slower than last year?

rollingsound

Uhhh can't even find a gigabit connection anymore? It's not just COVID WFH concerns with bandwidth, that's BS. Anyone know wtf is going on?

bell has change their packages, the 300Mbps at 69 has disappeared, and is now replaced by the 150Mbps one for same price, I think the 500Mbps package might have dropped though from 79 to 74.... but still the 300 for 69 was a good deal.

Not anymore, Cogeco doesn't serve me, Videotron don't have gigabit packages any more, nor do the resellers... bell DSL forget about it

What is wrong with Bell DSL? Right now, it's the only choice for giga or 1.5 gigabit. It;s also $20/off a month.

Unless something has recently changed Videotron refused to allow third party providers to resell gigabit packages so according to CRTC rules they can't sell it themselves. Right now, if you want gigabit you have one option if Cogeco doesn't serve you....Bell.

https://crtc.gc.ca/eng/archive/2020/2020-123.htm

Bell doesn't use DSL for their 1gig package, I'm not even sure they're still selling internet packages through that tech, probably in remote areas where they don't have their "fibe" or whatever yet, that being said it's quite better than anything that videotron has to offer, as it's not limited at ~50Mbps on for the upload...

Because everyone is working from home and they know a slow internet connection is not going to cut it, so they raise their price and worsen their offers because they know people will have no choice but to pay for it.

Because everyone is working from home and they know a slow internet connection is not going to cut it, so they raise their price and worsen their offers because they know people will have no choice but to pay for it.

How a company makes money 101.

Back