Page 1 sur 5 123 ... DernièreDernière
Affichage des résultats 1 à 20 sur 90

Discussion: Uniquement les Veterans devraient avoir le droit vote.

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Uniquement les Veterans devraient avoir le droit vote.

Voting and science fiction almost inevitably brings up Robert Heinlein’s novel “Starship Troopers.” In that novel, the voting franchise was limited to “veterans”. A “veteran” was not necessarily someone who had been a soldier, but rather someone who had volunteered for a two-year stint in “Federal Service”. Whether a soldier or not, these service jobs were apparently all fairly hazardous. Only after retiring from federal service could you vote or hold public office. The book focuses mostly on the soldiers, so both fans and critics tend to look on the rule as “only combat veterans get to vote,” even though the book made it clear there were non-military paths.

The argument for this was that the responsibility of voting should be reserved for those who have demonstrated an understanding of individual sacrifice for the greater good, i.e. voting is not about getting something for myself but about getting something for everybody else. Whether or not Heinlein himself felt that the voting franchise should be so restricted, the book makes a fairly passionate argument for it.

discuss
    Citation Envoyé par ThePapi Voir le message
    20 threads about hitler, jews, the holocaust, and the fagalization of Sweden every fucking week.
    Citation Envoyé par HeavyMetal Voir le message
    C'est drôle mais la nécrophilie me dérange moins que la pédophilie et l'agenda trans-genre.
    Citation Envoyé par BoxsterBoy Voir le message
    Verified History Fact.
    Le ministère de la propagande a été instauré il y a quelques années déjà par le curieux, mais non moins célébre pressonage "Kossak" qui s'affaire à tenter d'endoctriner des disciples sur une plateforme sociale servant de discussions entourant l'automobile (entre autre), MontrealRacing.com

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    Lada turbo
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    This is where you stole your text:

http://www.makingitupasigo.com/2011/...right-to-vote/

The lack of spelling mistakes was a dead giveaway that you didn't write this.
    Citation Envoyé par donchevy Voir le message
    il m'a ecrit qu,il a juste nommer des membres et que boxsterboy l'a bannis. ya parlé qu'il a "shout out"...fouille moé ce que ca veut dire lol!! moi je oense plus que c,est alcool. y boit pas mal pour oublier sa grosse pas belle de black qui lui sers de dompe a desh...sorry pour vince mais va falloir qui face un homme de lui un jour

Lives at the track

Status
    Car:
    Toyota Tundra TRD
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Spaceman Spiff Voir le message
    The lack of spelling mistakes was a dead giveaway that you didn't write this.
    Tundra TRD 2016

4. Likes DrDevil87, SRT-What? Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    Triumph Motors Street Triple R
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Awful concept. The last thing any country needs is the male equivalent of "fuck it i'll just be a stripper" to make all it's decisions.

6. Likes 22REpower, Broody, Brain_damaged Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    Honda accord
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par PsychoBandito Voir le message
    Awful concept. The last thing any country needs is the male equivalent of "fuck it i'll just be a stripper" to make all it's decisions.
    No need to put down soldiers because of a post on a random forum. I know a couple and although some match your description, most do not. Ironically you're giving op an extra argument even though there are fewer ways to do that than to didmantle a weak, half-baked idea like this one.
    Citation Envoyé par Carbon_Blue_GT Voir le message
    Ca prennait bien un trou de cul pour crééer une situation de marde et mourrir d'un cancer de l'anus
    Citation Envoyé par CRNKY
    63 genders now can fight over who's got the bigger wage gap

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Je voulais just copy past une description rapide une des partie des livres.
    mais c est plus complexe que ca.

Mais les livres de science fictions offre toujours des vision du futures imaginative.

Mais les evenements du livre il y a une parallèle a faire avec aujourdhui.
    20 threads about hitler, jews, the holocaust, and the fagalization of Sweden every fucking week.
    C'est drôle mais la nécrophilie me dérange moins que la pédophilie et l'agenda trans-genre.
    Verified History Fact.
    Le ministère de la propagande a été instauré il y a quelques années déjà par le curieux, mais non moins célébre pressonage "Kossak" qui s'affaire à tenter d'endoctriner des disciples sur une plateforme sociale servant de discussions entourant l'automobile (entre autre), MontrealRacing.com

Jet car pilot

Status
    Car:
    Toyota Toyota
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    ^mais pk tu postes le texte comme si c'etait toi qui l'as ecrit? Je ne comprends pas....

Status
    Car:
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par vladjet2000 Voir le message
    No need to put down soldiers because of a post on a random forum. I know a couple and although some match your description, most do not. Ironically you're giving op an extra argument even though there are fewer ways to do that than to didmantle a weak, half-baked idea like this one.
    My experience is the opposite. The ones that go to a Military school, become officers, rank up, sure they tend to be well educated people. But there is also a reason why the average walk in is known as a grunt.

Jet car pilot

Status
    Car:
    Mazda 3
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We've been through this before. Ideally, voting should be for people who own property and pay taxes, you know, people who actually have skin in the game. The 27 year old soy boy with a BA in gender studies who lives in his mother's basement who has a vote that counts as much as P-K Péladeau is laughable.

12. Likes AsunaMAXXX, 250Rocket Liked this post
    Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par mecbain Voir le message
    ^mais pk tu postes le texte comme si c'etait toi qui l'as ecrit? Je ne comprends pas....
    Il y pas de faute d orthographe C est claire ce n est pas moi qui la ecris.
    Verified History Fact.

Jet car pilot

Status
    Car:
    Toyota Toyota
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    I think we're voting wrong?!?! In the sense that we should vote more in regards to our values, like let's say for you education/transport is more important than healthcare/climat change you'll vote for the candidate that represents that, and on that I think "everyone" or close to should be able to vote, and it's pretty important to allow that, I don't think P.P. values are any better than mine or vice versa... than the one that ends up in power should take decisions that would tend to go towards the values that he portrayed, respecting that, not being corrupt and doing a good job shouldn't be influencing your voting, like to go for the less corrupt of choices, those are things shouldn't be debatable, any candidate that ends up in power should respect those, the voting should be more about "values"/ethics, etc... anyway my opinion *edit: and in theory obviously reality doesn't work like that....

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Omokocha Voir le message
    We've been through this before. Ideally, voting should be for people who own property and pay taxes, you know, people who actually have skin in the game. The 27 year old soy boy with a BA in gender studies who lives in his mother's basement who has a vote that counts as much as Pierre Péladeau is laughable.
    It the books Before the veteran take power.

the elite scholar had the power. They implement a Plato's political philosophy.
    In the Republic, Plato's Socrates raises a number of objections to democracy. He claims that democracy is a danger due to excessive freedom. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plato%...cal_philosophy

Exactly The soyboy of today try to push. Remove freedom remove right to people who do not share their view.
    Lets say it was a failure in the book. like it become a failure in real world now.

Long really long story short. The veteran took power. the democracy was restore. But only the people who did contribute and understand the sacrifice and the value of democracy exercise the privilege of voting.
    Verified History Fact.

16. Likes 250Rocket Liked this post

Status
    Car:
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par Omokocha Voir le message
    We've been through this before. Ideally, voting should be for people who own property and pay taxes, you know, people who actually have skin in the game. The 27 year old soy boy with a BA in gender studies who lives in his mother's basement who has a vote that counts as much as Pierre Péladeau is laughable.
    Maybe we should make it a minimum. Only people who pay at least 30% income tax should vote, so millionaires playing tax schemes have no say in their future as well.

Maybe unmarried people shouldn't have a say either, they obviously aren't family material, and don't have a skin in the future game.

Jet car pilot

Status
    Car:
    Toyota Toyota
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par KossaK Voir le message
    Je voulais just copy past une description rapide une des partie des livres.
    mais c est plus complexe que ca.

Mais les livres de science fictions offre toujours des vision du futures imaginative.

Mais les evenements du livre il y a une parallèle a faire avec aujourdhui.
    ok, je trouve ca juste un peu bizzare... pour ce qui est du film par exemple d'accord avec toi la dessus, j'ai bien aimer, pas une mauvaise facon de voir la societee, en bout de ligne ya pas de perfection, ou peut-etre que la perfection c'est justement evoluer continuellement

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par mecbain Voir le message
    ok, je trouve ca juste un peu bizzare... pour ce qui est du film par exemple d'accord avec toi la dessus, j'ai bien aimer, pas une mauvaise facon de voir la societee, en bout de ligne ya pas de perfection, ou peut-etre que la perfection c'est justement evoluer continuellement
    Je ne comprend pas pourquoi tu parle de la perfection?
    Verified History Fact.

Forum God

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle I hate car
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par PsychoBandito Voir le message
    Maybe we should make it a minimum. Only people who pay at least 30% income tax should vote, so millionaires playing tax schemes have no say in their future as well.

Maybe unmarried people shouldn't have a say either, they obviously aren't family material, and don't have a skin in the future game.
    Today life is easy. Back in the middle age the strong rich people do fuck and reproduce more.
    that why we do have a little bit of Charlemagne in us.

No like in idiotcracy. anyone can reproduce and the state will take care of your mistake.

Maybe you right only people with no dead end relationship should vote. But having a family need to stay an achievement.
    But. Just a example. Isaac Newton was a ****** who too nerdy for girls.

It was a genius. his legacy was real even if his contribution to gen pool was a dead end.
    people like him too need the right to vote.
    Verified History Fact.

Black Diamond Member

Status
    Car:
    Mazda 3 Sport GS
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    everyone has the right to vote.

but i feel like everyone needs to take a class in economics, environment, history and politics as well as how their municipal, provincial and federal government are currently handling the situation (and pass a test) before they can cast a vote. that'll likely kill off 95% of the voters from the polls but we need to be informed voters before we make decisions that impact everyone and everything for decades or more.
    Any car which holds together for a whole race is too heavy.

Status
    Car:
    Honda Civic Si + 250R
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Removing a vote from a person is a hard sell but I think the solution is a weighted vote. Everybody gets a base vote but you gain votes by being a contributing member of society.

Homeowner? Extra vote
    Volunteer? Extra vote
    Net positive tax payer? Extra vote

I would keep it to no more than 10x votes per person but basically it would still give the social parasites their vote without letting them vote in politicians that will steal on their behalf with promises of free everything.

Status
    Car:
    Honda accord
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    Citation Envoyé par 250Rocket Voir le message
    Removing a vote from a person is a hard sell but I think the solution is a weighted vote. Everybody gets a base vote but you gain votes by being a contributing member of society.

Homeowner? Extra vote
    Volunteer? Extra vote
    Net positive tax payer? Extra vote

I would keep it to no more than 10x votes per person but basically it would still give the social parasites their vote without letting them vote in politicians that will steal on their behalf with promises of free everything.
    Homeowner? Extra vote >> you got money and can afford property? vote. you don't? no vote.
    Net positive tax payer? Extra vote >> your business is not doing as good this year as in the past? screw you, we'll take your vote away.

sounds fair.

volunteering is the only one that makes sense, and even there it gets complicated fast. someone who voluteered 2 hours gets the same as a firefighter?
    Citation Envoyé par Carbon_Blue_GT Voir le message
    Ca prennait bien un trou de cul pour crééer une situation de marde et mourrir d'un cancer de l'anus
    Citation Envoyé par CRNKY
    63 genders now can fight over who's got the bigger wage gap

Multi Field Esssspert

Status
    Car:
    No vehicle Noneya
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)
    We should limit votes to the amount of fingers we have on our hands. Someone with 9 fingers gets a vote removed, penalized for having made a wrong decision in life.

Also if you only speak one language, -1 vote. Only logical.

25. Likes 22REpower, Broody Liked this post
Page 1 sur 5 123 ... DernièreDernière

Règles de messages