Joe Biden is now president: what does it mean for you?

NAFTA was Reagan's idea. Up until Trump, both parties were pro free trade and pro globalization. There are a few ideological differences on how the economy should run but basically they are both using capitalism. Some people tend to forget that the government doesn't create jobs; the private sector does.

So whenever i hear someone say "the democrats will wreck the economy!", i know it's a brainwashed individual who conveniently forgot that the economy prospered under Bill Clinton and Obama. It did under the republicans too. In fact, aside from special events like an economic crash or a world pandemic, the US economy has always gotten richer.

I was actually talking about now... which does seem to be true, again I'm not following their politics on the economy super close, however I think it doesn't take a genius to notice they do have different policies on the globalization/climate related economic topics... so not sure why you're trying to argue here, you do seem to like to have the last word a lot....

Also not really sure to understand your comment about the private sector creating jobs?!!?! I mean yeah that's a true statement lol... or are you insinuating there's no relation between the private sector and goverment regulations?

Not sure if you're trolling me or just started to lose it...

I was actually talking about now... which does seem to be true, again I'm not following their politics on the economy super close, however I think it doesn't take a genius to notice they do have different policies on the globalization/climate related economic topics... so not sure why you're trying to argue here, you do seem to like to have the last word a lot....

Also not really sure to understand your comment about the private sector creating jobs?!!?! I mean yeah that's a true statement lol... or are you insinuating there's no relation between the private sector and goverment regulations?

Hate to break it to you but the dems have a protectionist bend to them for a few years now. Biden has a whole buy american policy that isn't dissimilar to Trump's.

And i was talking about the republicans historically. I was simply saying that republicans and democrats are very similar economically so electing one or the other won't "wreck the economy" (which was in answer to this statement: https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...an-for-you&p=10592393&viewfull=1#post10592393)

Politicians love to take credit when the economy is booming but the truth is that they are not responsible for it.

No, you are just misinterpreting what i wrote.

Last edited:
Hate to break it to you but the dems have a protectionist bend to them for a few years now. Biden has a whole buy american policy that isn't dissimilar to Trump's.

I know they mention it here and there, but have they planned for any actual actions/policies in regards to that and if so what are the results or projected results if no actions have been taken yet... besides you know bragging about a few jobs here and there in regards to clean energy. Btw. nothing wrong with globalization and clean energy, what's wrong is that it needs to be done a little bit smarter and thoughtful of short/medium term impacts and adjust if things are well going "too fast".

I know they mention it here and there, but have they planned for any actual actions/policies in regards to that and if so what are the results or projected results if no actions have been taken yet... besides you know bragging about a few jobs here and there in regards to clean energy. Btw. nothing wrong with globalization and clean energy, what's wrong is the that it needs to be done a little bit smarter and thoughtful of short/medium term impacts and adjust if things are well going "too fast".

You do seem to like to have the last word a lot... ;)

You do seem to like to have the last word a lot... ;)

You do seem to have taken that quite personally, especially since I haven't debated the statement that I quoted but simply elaborated on it in a very non confrontational way... also I wasn't trying to be an a**, but I have noticed a lot of people that had better restrain on how their emotions impacted their replies, for example me being one of those that you could clearly see when I was pissed off, versus most people that just seem to take things in a logical way.... now things don't seem quite like that anymore...

You do seem to have taken that quite personally, especially since I haven't debated the statement that I quoted but simply elaborated on it in a very non confrontational way... also I wasn't trying to be an a**, but I have noticed a lot of people that had better restrain on how their emotions impacted their replies, for example me being one of those that you could clearly see when I was pissed off, versus most people that just seem to take things in a logical way.... now things don't seem quite like that anymore...

That's the problem with written conversations. Without voice tone and body language it's very easy to confuse someone making a remark with someone making a passive-agressive comment.

It could be said that almost everybody here likes to have the last word but it's a natural thing because if someone disagree with a statement, he will want to say why. That's just normal behavior.

You're talking as if Trump had a platform...

Go ahead, lay out his roadmap for 20-24. Take your time, we'll wait.

Not eligible answers:
-build a wall!
-lock her up!
-covid for all!
-"clean water"
You actually think someone who has done nothing in 47 years will all the sudden be the savior? Think about that.

You actually think someone who has done nothing in 47 years will all the sudden be the savior? Think about that.

Do I think that? Nope. Biden is pretty much all about the pre-trump stratus quo. But good non-answer on the Trump platform.

EmRHOnWVcAA-kIX

And I'm sure that by midweek at the latest we'll have some conservative pundits speculate that either AOC or Ilhan Omar will be Kamala's VP on that ticket. Whichever they personally dislike most / feel is the least palatable.

Odds of Biden, aged 81 by then, running for a second term? Slim to none. It's not exactly a bold prediction.

Politique américaine, pour les élections, ce fut tout un fucking show.
Ça surpasse toute les attentes de ce qui a été déjà vu.
Sincèrement, jamais ça va remonter à ce niveau grâce à Capitain Cheetohs.

Envoyé de mon SM-A520W en utilisant Tapatalk

Back