2015 Lexus IS350 VS 2017 VW Golf R

BooM

Hi guys, I know there is probably a ton of threads about both vehicles. I really can't decide. It's between an IS350 F-sport or Golf R. Both would have around 100,000kms, no warranty and both cost around 25k. I work in real estate, I drive a lot and I want something fun to drive. The Lexus screams reliability and prestige and the R screams fun fun fun. The Lexus is auto, the R is manual, the R doesn't come with a sunroof in those years or my price range. Anyways, any advice would help my indecisive ass.

The Golf R will be more fun to drive. IMO there is nothing fun about any Lexus. lol

Seeing that you're in a very perception driven industry, I think showing up in a Lexus over a Golf R will increase your credibility towards your clients.

The Golf R will be more fun to drive. IMO there is nothing fun about any Lexus. lol

Seeing that you're in a very perception driven industry, I think showing up in a Lexus over a Golf R will increase your credibility towards your clients.

ugh, the credibility issue, yes, you are correct. I'll show up sleepy in the Lexus lol

put your criterias in priority orders, you'll get your answer.

If you want reliability. cheap to maintain, confortable and luxurious: Lexus

If you want performance and nimble handling above anything else: Golf R

The golf is somewhat luxurious, somewhat reliable, somewhat cheap to maintain and somewhat comfortable, but nothing on the level of the lexus and vice versa.

Test drove a 2019 IS350 f sport when my gf was shopping thus summer.

There is nothing sport about this car other than the seating position.

Sérieusement la R n'est pas tant sport non plus.. à moins de la modifier.. c'est pour ca que j'ai vendu la mienne. Pas pour rien qu'on voit quand même beaucoup de mamie/papy en R! c'est sur que la transmission manuelle aide pas mal mais bon.

I had a 2016 IS300 F-Sport 1 for about 2 months
I had 78000km on it and it didn't show. It still looked brand new.

So here what I can say....
Sporty...soso...its confortable as hell, it feel good! it feels great in curves, you can drive quite fast
But...its not ''quick'' or it doesn't seems to be...250hp V6 on premium and I was doing at best 11l/100...and it don't deliver wow in you pants.
But it a tight car. No rattle nice sound.
I did like it very much.

But everybodywill chime in and sell you a R

2v2Hsd25jxAhGeV.jpg

Sérieusement la R n'est pas tant sport non plus.. à moins de la modifier.. c'est pour ca que j'ai vendu la mienne. Pas pour rien qu'on voit quand même beaucoup de mamie/papy en R! c'est sur que la transmission manuelle aide pas mal mais bon.

c'est certain que tout est relatif, mais comparé à la lexus, c'est le sports car des deux.

Can't speak to the Lexus, but regarding buying a used R:

3 key things to check:
1- Because its manual, is it still on the stock clutch? The clutch on these cars is swiss cheese. If its still on the stock clutch, budget to change it.
2- Haldex maintenance history. Have the Haldex AND differential fluids been changed? How often? What's the state of the Haldex pump filter, and has it ever been cleaned?
3- Carbon build up. At 100k have the top side of the valves been cleaned ever? Something to look in to.

Un ami a une IS350 Fsport 2015 et c'est une belle machine confortable. Il a un exhaust dessus, Nice sound !

Tu va effectivement te faire "mieux regarder" dans la Lexus. Pour quelqu'un qui me connait rien au char un R ça look comme un golf de base a 25k neuf. Le Lexus même un néophyte des voitures reconnaîtra la valeur probable de la voiture.

Reliability..... Pas besoin de commentaires.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

Back