Trudeau talking about economic reset from the pandemic

I think the pandemic has been an obvious eye opener that the western system has many flaws: health system, economic and human inequalities, biased opportunities, economic and monetary system.

There's only one way out ...

Trudeau is a flake. it loosely translates to "I'll suck off anyone I have to so that I can be popular." I'm surprised he didn't say anything about systemic racism. that's the only thing missing from his speech. also, how everyone should get to visit billionaires' islands for free, and get his family to get paid to talk when they're nobodys.

I think the pandemic has been an obvious eye opener that the western system has many flaws: health system, economic and human inequalities, biased opportunities, economic and monetary system.

There's only one way out ...

With the initial covid response, I thought for sure they wanted to use the pandemic as a study for UBI. Seems like it goes well beyond that.

With the initial covid response, I thought for sure they wanted to use the pandemic as a study for UBI. Seems like it goes well beyond that.

There's nothing new here, it's the same spiel he's been giving for 2-3 years about income inequality and more recently "inclusive growth".

I also highly doubt UBI ever sees the day under a Liberal government, it requires a massive cut in a bunch of other programs to be sustainable and it ideologically contradicts core liberal beliefs (that the government has a role in helping people in their lives through programs and policies).

Mostly unemployment from automation and AI.

That's not what UBI is really about, that's the Andrew Yang pitch for UBI.

UBI at a policy level is about providing a wider safety net that can't be done through targeted programs. The idea being that with the guaranteed and steady income you help the most vulnerable. They can better plan for their basic needs, get out of the poverty "tax/spending" (buying individual items that cost more per unit instead of larger formats because they don't have enough money), it's almost more flexible in ways that government programs can't be (using the money to pay for emergency services and costs, like child care).

Then you've got the lefty ideal that with a portion of their basic needs being covered it frees people up to pursue their "truer" meaning/passions and or take more chances and become entrepreneurs that they otherwise wouldn't be able to because they're working to survive.

Then you've got the pragmatic side, you don't have to employ 10 000's federal bureaucrats to administer government programs, since you're giving the people money to spend however is best for them, which is much more closely aligned with conservative ideology.

Last edited:
There's nothing new here, it's the same spiel he's been giving for 2-3 years about income inequality and more recently "inclusive growth".

I also highly doubt UBI ever sees the day under a Liberal government, it requires a massive cut in a bunch of other programs to be sustainable and it ideologically contradicts core liberal beliefs (that the government has a role in helping people in their lives through programs and policies).

I understand that initially UBI was thought to be traded for social programs but there is no way it would pass politically for one and two, the backlash from the public sector unions would be unprecedented. UBI can only be added on top of.

I understand that initially UBI was thought to be traded for social programs but there is no way it would pass politically for one and two, the backlash from the public sector unions would be unprecedented. UBI can only be added on top of.

I've yet to see anyone bring up UBI in a Canadian context where it doesn't involve that.

UBI in an American context is completely different since they don't have nearly the same social programs so they can just think of it as a simple "addition" on top of the nothing the state offers.
What is it suppose to solve then?

Go see my edited post.

I've yet to see anyone bring up UBI in a Canadian context where it doesn't involve that.

UBI in an American context is completely different since they don't have nearly the same social programs so they can just think of it as a simple "addition" on top of the nothing the state offers.

Go see my edited post.

Good stuff.

In a nut shell: Take advantage of the pandemic by closing everyone down by government mandate and drive them into bankruptcy. Have all the banks, corporations and families with obscenely fat stacks swoop in to buy all the tangible assets for pennies on the dollar and then rent it back to you and make even more of a fortune. Think Adobe Creative Cloud but with pretty much everything.

But at that point it's no longer about the money, but the control. As the owners they have people by the balls and they can change policy as they see fit.

Kossak wasn't lying,one of their goals is literally "Own nothing and be happy". The lie is in the be happy part. You'll only be happy if you are functionally retarded which ties into why school is so shit these days.

j'espere qu'ils vont partir avec toute ma marde dans cave, calice j'ai du stock, surtout avant que je déménage plz...

I just hope the entire medias will be focusing on Trudeau's incompetence and corruption. Cant believe canadians being such retards keepin him in the office.

economic reset, its too fucking late.. ASEAN free trade has been signed and will let China dominate the world. From here its just a matter of time where we will be sucking CCP's dick for living.

Sometimes I wonder why the fuck I have to defend this country, when this country itself is boneless as fuck.

Back