Pleasant manual car

rebel

With manual transmission disappearing every year what’s left in the new car segment, not super cars, that still has a pleasant manual transmission?
Meaning relatively short throw
Not grinding gears
Cluth that you don’t need 2 feet to press on,
Pleasant daily driver with 2 young kids
Ideally 4 doors
Bonus for rev match

Golf R ticks most boxes but the fragile clutch everyone talks about makes me doubt
Also not sure if the 2.0 turbo engine still has valve and chaun tensioner issues in 2020

honestly, i'm looking at the new civic si (next gen). My colleague has a modified current gen (2019) and it's a real blast to drive. He tuned his to get rid of the horrendous rev hang, but the manual is one of the best on the market.

honestly, i'm looking at the new civic si (next gen). My colleague has a modified current gen (2019) and it's a real blast to drive. He tuned his to get rid of the horrendous rev hang, but the manual is one of the best on the market.

How much is the tune? Any specialized shop can do it?
Does the new civic si come in 4 doors?

You want new only?

Otherwise:

Audi S4
Audi 2.0T
BMW 340i
Subaru WRX
Subaru STi

Also I think the 440i can still be had with a stick.

I think I'm going to keep my RS for years to come, for me it's the last of the dying hot hatch breed you can change gears and gives you a real feel of driving.

Not too many gadgets, hard ride, dont see many around, holds that sleeper status depending on the color.

Obviously you have the cons of dealing with cosmetic Ford issues, the paint is trash and with 75,000kms I'm hearing those noises I didn't use to hear.

La golf R j'avais regardé dans le temps pis c'est 2000-2500$ pour une méga bonne clutch installée dans un garage euro, personnellement c'est pas ca qui m'empêcherai dans racheter une quand au départ tu est capable de te payer une voiture de 40 000$(même si ca fait chier je suis bien d'accord). C'est pas assuré non plus que tu es besoin de la changer.. ca dépend comment tu conduit pis ca peut prendre des années.

La golf R j'avais regardé dans le temps pis c'est 2000-2500$ pour une méga bonne clutch installée dans un garage euro, personnellement c'est pas ca qui m'empêcherai dans racheter une quand au départ tu est capable de te payer une voiture de 40 000$(même si ca fait chier je suis bien d'accord). C'est pas assuré non plus que tu es besoin de la changer.. ca dépend comment tu conduit pis ca peut prendre des années.

Et les problemes d’huile, des valves sales et timing chain sont encore presentes?

FRS
Miata

Edit... pas lu su complet. Golf R pas de trouble de chaine ou de valves sakes. Tk pas plus que ca concurrence avec injection directe. Clutch c'est pas si pire pour moi à date.

So golf R still remain the top choice it seems
Civic si
What about g70 2.0? Not sure if they stopped the manual or not

So golf R still remain the top choice it seems
Civic si
What about g70 2.0? Not sure if they stopped the manual or not
Try the golf R and judge yourself how bad the clutch/shifter feels. I really hate the feel on the wagon.

Back