2016 corolla s rear caliper piston

rebel

Hi all pretty dumb question but my friend has a corolla s 2016
Trying to replace rear pads and rotors.
The caliper has slots on the piston so it needs to be turned
Using the square tool with notches the piston turns clockwise , while applying pressure, but it won’t retract into the caliper. It just spins and spins. What’s the trick?
Both sides is the same situation. I’m surprised if both calipers are busted

Car brakes well and handbrake works fine too

Ah i see. The square worked on my acura tsx and on my maxima but i see corolla has a particular dumb design lol

Ah i see. The square worked on my acura tsx and on my maxima but i see corolla has a particular dumb design lol

consider yourself lucky on the 2 mentionned here.
always had to put pressure and turn....only turning lead to nothing moving and all car I have done

Ouvre le bleeder , entre le piston et saigne tes lignes comme il faut après?

Envoyé de mon LM-G850 en utilisant Tapatalk

Ouvre le bleeder , entre le piston et saigne tes lignes comme il faut après?

Never ever Do this.

Se faire chier a bleeder juste pour une job de pad/disque, jamais.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk

Je vais essayer avec le bleeder ouvert et bleed apres peut etre ca aide avec le liquide au lieu de le pousser dans les lignes. Char a juste 4 ans.

Never ever Do this.

Se faire chier a bleeder juste pour une job de pad/disque, jamais.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 4a en utilisant Tapatalk
Après avoir acheté une coupe de cochonneries de Mazda du pogne des trucs

Could be worse.. could be an old jaguar where they were left handed....

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Make sure you install the pads correctly. The pad with the 2 'nubs' goes on the inside of the rotor and the pad with the one nub goes on the outside. Make sure you install the caliper with the nubs in the indents of the cross and not the protruding part of the piston. If you install it with the protruding part the caliper will only squeeze the top of the outside pad wearing only the top and you'll be replacing pads again after 15,000km.

La reponse etais quand meme au reply no2. Mais non, on se fait chier et on ouvre les bleeder lol
C'est sur que le vrai outil est la bonne solution, mais le mécanicien de fond court moyen à juste des pinces longnose pour entrer les pistons !

Moi je pince un vicegrip c clamp en mettant un peu de pression dessus, comme si je voulais rentrer le piston normalement. Ensuite je tourne le caliper de côté avec des pinces et j'ajuste au fur et a mesure mon vice grip. Des fois il est tough à partir alors je descend un peu le boot et je le tourne de côté avec des channel lock et je fini avec des pinces dans les snatchs.

Back