Does an expensive oil filter really matter for your engine

student13

Does an expensive oil filter really make a difference in your car engine protection and performance? In particular I’m talking German honey comb filters ie Mercedes vehicles . I do get the costlier one but was wondering does it make a difference?

Thanks

If you stick with OEM then there's nothing to worry about. I'm no mechanic but I doubt that the oil filter have anything to do with the performance.

If you stick with OEM then there's nothing to worry about. I'm no mechanic but I doubt that the oil filter have anything to do with the performance.

Well yeah I know it really won’t affect performance but really engine protection.
They both look the same but the expensive one is 3x the price..... is there something that makes it worth it .

Thanks �� I’ll take your professional advice.

Instruit toe calice !
hqdefault.jpg

Basic7-1-15.jpg

Personne veut sauver une couple de piasses à long terme?

7379bd181e677aad1d626eb2e4a80fb9.jpg

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Maybe we should start a gofundme to have these gentleman start another ' really good ' forum : student13, assurance auto, heavymetal, broody, kosak and VQ....

Ok since most everyone here is being retarded here is the answer straight from an expert : As long as the quality is not too shitty ie Chinese brands that the filter paper break apart too easily,clogging damaging engine electronics , you should be fine with us/ German brands. IE Fram, Mann , mobil QS etc.

Addendum : Guy I know did state that Mann are generally known for German cars, however US brands are ok.... take that as you will.

Last edited:
Back