Adolf Hitler elected in Namibia

Riffo

https://www.africanews.com/2020/12/03/politician-named-after-adolf-hitler-wins-election-in-namibia/

[FONT=&quot][h=1]Politician Named after Adolf Hitler Wins Election In Namibia[/h][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
400x225_cmsv2_d8f2fb48-2ec1-5041-83d9-f91a33ad3902-5175110.jpg

Uunona Adolf Hitler - Copyright © africanews
TN TELEVIZNI NOVINY

By Michael Oduor
Last updated: 14 minutes ago
[h=4]NAMIBIA[/h][FONT=&quot]In Namibia, a certain politician named after the former German leader, Adolf Hitler has been elected as a local councilor for the governing Swapo party.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Adolf Hitler Uunona was eleceted with 85% of the votes in the regional vote to emerge the winner in Ompundja, a small town in the far north of the country.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hitler confirmed that his father gave him the name after the German Nazi leader and probably wasn’t aware of his ideologies.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Hitler, 54, is among the popular politicians in the Soutwest region of the country from his firm stand as an anti-apartheid activist.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Interviewed by the great German tabloid Bild, he said that there was no problem as he grew up that Adolf was acommon name in the former German colony.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]“It was a perfectly normal name for me when I was a kid. It wasn't until I grew older that I realized that this man wanted to subjugate the whole world and killed millions of Jews,” he told Bild.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Adolf doesn’t use Hitler in his social media handles, but still apply the name in official documents.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]When asked why he couldn’t change the name before, he replied it was too late for that.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]"It's in all official documents, it's too late for that," he replied to Bild. He later found a solution: he identifies himself as Adolf Uunona in public, leaving Hitler aside. His wife also prefers to call him Adolf, way to shed some of the weight linked to such a name associated with the worst atrocities of the 20th century.[/FONT]

Back