Formula 1 Official thread

Checkez le instagram de verstappen. I love his raw talent, but the guy is such a little cock. Nothing is ever his fault, that he’s outside the curve or inside, it’s always someone else fault. That gets fucking annoying. Cant wait for the day he gets more humble, if that ever happens

That shouldn't have been a penalty to either, it was a raw racing incident.

And if you disagree with the above statement you don't love F1. Thereby you should stop dreaming about the return of the "good old days" when Alesi/Senna/Prost/Villeneuve used to fight it out, elbowing each other around every corner available on any given F1 track.

If you're for the penalty then you will get what you deserve: Boring, processual, antiseptic races with zero excitement and zero drama. First on the grid wins the race, handed 25 points thank you very much.

It's a SPORT.

Let them be SPORTY.

Both Max and Lewis are behaving like children on social media, team radio, etc. "Oh, he didn't leave me enough room." "He drove me off the road." "He hit me..."

They're both like the kid everyone hated in school, got straight A's, was hall monitor and caused a whole bunch of kids to wind up in detention.

Now Lewis complains on social media that Max didn't bother checking up on him and that was shocking.

My reply if I were Max would be: "You mean go bother you while you're shifting back and forth between 1st and reverse trying to rock the car out of the gravel?"

Honestly I think Max got penalized because of his radio call: "That's what you get for not leaving enough room..."

That and Toto having more pull with the FIA than Horner.

FYI I hate both Toto Wolfe, Christian Horner (and Mattia Binotto) equally. Binotto for different reasons than the other two.

In the end, very happy for McLaren. I hope they get more wins.

Yes and a max fan also lol

Same kind of guy that probably was not happy for the 10 second penalty of Hamilton in Silverstone lol

It’s actually basically the same penalty. If he would’ve kept running they would’ve gave verstappen 10 sec penalty. Since he didnt, he gets 3 place penalty. Hamitlon wouldve been the same had he crashed/not finished after silverstone incident

Did you seriously spend 2+ pages of this thread arguing how people on here are "casual" or wtv you said there, and you just said that a 10 sec penalty is the same as a 3 place grid drop penalty are the same thing?

Lmfao

Did you seriously spend 2+ pages of this thread arguing how people on here are "casual" or wtv you said there, and you just said that a 10 sec penalty is the same as a 3 place grid drop penalty are the same thing?

Lmfao

Thanks for proving me right. Go see the fia rulebook, you’ll see i’m spot on lol

And also, if you know f1 a bit, yes a 10 sec penalty can be much worse than a 3 spot grid penalty… in 10 secs you can loose 5-6 places in the pits…

Anyhow, thanks for the laugh

Perez on his penalty:
“I know that’s the rule, but I think as a team we thought: ‘Well probably they can be a bit more sensible here and have a wider view’. But it didn’t happen.”

I think they’re smoking good stuff in those garages.

Perez on his penalty:

I think they’re smoking good stuff in those garages.

I wish i couldve heard the radio between perez and the team right after he cut the chicane lol no idea why he didnt let him pass right away to retry passing him with drs asap

I love perez im sad he’s having a tough year, he has to nail quali but he cant seem to get it right often for now. Race pace is super good, shouldnt be too long till he settles down

Another perspective:
Max Verstappen is copping far too much flack from British drivers, pundits, and media in the aftermath of the collision with Lewis Hamilton, that ended both their 2021 Italian Grand Prix in the Monza sand.
Granted Verstappen should have known a whole lot better, that the first Variante is a one-ideal-line contraption of tarmac and seldom do two cars – in any formula or series – go through it side by side without tears.

The move was never on, after all Hamilton himself had set the rules of engagement on the opening lap when he tried a no-go move on the Red Bull driver as they hurtled into the first Variante. Max on the inside sailed through with Lewis hung out to dry on the outside having to go over those nasty humps on the inside of the chicane.

The message was loud and clear from the Champ: If there is a gap I am going for it. So when he peeled out of the pits with Verstappen large in his left mirror he should have expected the same treatment. Although it would be fair to say he was ahead, and the corner was his when they collided.

Although relatively slow, it was a nasty incident as Max’s Red Bull bounced off the curb, got airborne, ran over the Mercedes as they speared into the sand – Verstappen’s car on top of Hamilton’s.

Stewards declared it a Max mistake, and he has a three grid penalty for Sochi. Fair enough, he should take it on the chin and put it down to experience.

But things got nasty first with Damon Hill (who would know a lot better) accusing Max of deliberately causing the crash, which is absurd, but shows the extent of the bias in reporting from the track and news outlets that serve as the voice of the anglicized Formula 1 of today.

The latest Brit to jump in is Sir Jackie Stewart, who seldom has a good thing to say about Lewis (and lambasted him the loudest for moving from McLaren to Mercedes) told Sportsmail: “Verstappen is taking longer than expected to mature.

“Not even to go to see Hamilton after a serious accident when you have just driven over the top of the guy is something I don’t really understand. Especially when he is still in his car and remained there for a long time before getting out,” bemoaned Stewart, who again got it wrong. Lewis was clearly fine and trying to reverse to rejoin the race!

This of course triggered and exacerbated by Lewis on the attack, disinforming his tens of millions of social media followers to further fuel the rivalry: “I saw Max get out and walk by and I found that surprising. As drivers, when we do have incidents, we normally want to make sure the other guy is okay. But the good thing is I was able to get out. We live to fight another day,” added Lewis.

But this is the rewriting of what actually happened and is tantamount to defamation because the facts are: long before Max was out of his Red Bull, he was aware Lewis was moving around and clearly in no rush to get out of the car, but rather tried to reverse out of the mangled heap.

From our armchairs it was clear, the Merc driver was not harmed in a way that would demand attention from anyone, trying to drive out of the sandpit and climbing out unscathed later was evidence of that.

So Max, with this knowledge evident to him and all watching the saga, did what most racers would do: walked away from the incident. No matter what Lewis and new pal Sir Jackie think, there is nothing to it there. No story. Move on.

Lucky for Lewis it wasn’t George Russell who might have rushed over and bopped him one on the head not caring if he was injured or not, as he did with Valtteri Bottas at Imola earlier this year. How quickly that rotten incident was forgotten!

Furthermore, it should be remembered that Lewis himself showed scant regard at Silverstone during the British Grand Prix in July, celebrating a controversial victory while Max was in hospital.

Granted, Brit tabloids and media are entitled to their patriotic rants and tribal loyalism, as it is their right to report from such a lopsided perch.

But please save us from the glaring prejudice – by some – on the global English feed.

While logistically it makes sense for F1 to depend on Sky F1 for the global worldwide English feed and on F1 TV, they must set rules of engagement for media and pundits. With exceptions, of course, this constant favouritism towards British drivers, their overexposure at the expense of other non-Brits, is becoming increasingly intolerable for neutrals with no alternative commentary to tune in to.

With this in mind, to 36-year-old Lewis, the big fan that I am and will always be, I say shame on him for inciting his fans, against Max, after their Italian Grand Prix shunt, with a self-serving post, intended to make his 23-year-old rival out to be the ‘bad guy’, the villain, the careless killer. That was the message to me between the lines, it’s subliminal but it’s there.

The truth is they are both ‘bad guys’ otherwise they would not be great race drivers. It comes with the territory, it is how they are wired, in the DNA. But, this post-race attack was a nasty low blow from the Champ, which only serves to further tribalize this contest, conflict, war, battle, call it what you want.

As a long-standing Lewis fan past present and future, I find this reaction out of character, not expected of an incredible race driver oozing peace, love, diversity and goodwill that so impresses me and millions of his fans.

Instead, it reminds us that despite seven titles and 99 wins – hidden away by serial winning with the best car in F1 – he remains a bad loser with a nasty streak.

In other words, he is a mere mortal just like all of us. This is a shame, as I thought he was more than that.
https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/0...-british-cabal-are-out-of-line/#disqus_thread

All lewis said was he was happy with the stewards decision, and surprised max didnt come see him after the crash. The end.

No need for a rant of 13 paragraphs to explain that some british viewers/commentators are biased towards a british driver…

You mean like max’s fans also? Everyone id biased towards something, nothing new here lol

All lewis said was he was happy with the stewards decision, and surprised max didnt come see him after the crash. The end.

No need for a rant of 13 paragraphs to explain that some british viewers/commentators are biased towards a british driver…

You mean like max’s fans also? Everyone id biased towards something, nothing new here lol

He didn't check on him after the crash because he saw HAM was trying to reverse out of there.
@2:21 HAM blowing dirt in his face :p

Agreed though, everyone has a bias. Let these 2 duel till the end, I'm enjoying it.

I agree. Max didn't go see him because Lewis was going all Sheriff Rosco P. Coltrane, circa 1976 colorized in the Dukes of Hazzard. Spinning his wheels with a beached car.

Bouhou at Max getting heat from british fans.

When his fans were booing Hamilton and he was asked if he would ask his fans not to boo, he said no, they are allowed to do what they want.

Works both ways.

79ad969c4ecfdaf0c9bd7a0e46aabae8.jpg

giphy.gif

2021 Formula 1 Official thread

3d8ebd11ef7553c7af69e094493e01a0.jpg

WTF is this shit seriously!!! Bouclair called and they want their curtain back.

Another perspective:

This of course triggered and exacerbated by Lewis on the attack, disinforming his tens of millions of social media followers to further fuel the rivalry: “I saw Max get out and walk by and I found that surprising. As drivers, when we do have incidents, we normally want to make sure the other guy is okay. But the good thing is I was able to get out. We live to fight another day,” added Lewis.

But this is the rewriting of what actually happened and is tantamount to defamation because the facts are: long before Max was out of his Red Bull, he was aware Lewis was moving around and clearly in no rush to get out of the car, but rather tried to reverse out of the mangled heap.

From our armchairs it was clear, the Merc driver was not harmed in a way that would demand attention from anyone, trying to drive out of the sandpit and climbing out unscathed later was evidence of that.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/0...-british-cabal-are-out-of-line/#disqus_thread

Pretty much what I said a couple pages back and before, a hypocrite.

That being said, I feel like I would have checked on him anyway.

Funny fact regarding Verstappen. Remember after the silverstone crash he made this comment:
But I think my awareness of where I can position my car is really good and I haven’t been involved in having another car off the track. I have zero penalty points. I think that says quite a lot.

Well, that is true for the last 12 months (excluding last race), but since it was implemented in 2014,
Romain Grosjean and Max Verstappen have been given the most penalty points by the stewards, with twenty one

Make that 23 now. I think that says quite a lot.

Back