Formula 1 Official thread

The conditions are no worse than 89 or 98; a classic race by the way if you want to see skill and bravery. Even after a massive start crash everyone got back in the T-cars and raced. They used to practice in these conditions too. Not in today's sterilized F1. They are even calling it a race and awarding wins and podiums. Is this a joke? And Russel is celebrating. lol Somewhere Gilles is rolling his eyes.
Yeah and back then drivers death was a regular thing too...

Accidents are a series of events. The crane was just one part of the puzzle. There is no reason they should have been out in those conditions to start with.

A Monday race would have been very difficult as "pack down" had already started. Even if the next race is a few hours away it's still a carefully choreographed show. The biggest issue by far is the amount of volunteers needed at the track, Marshall's for example. Extra nights accommodation for crews, crew travel, logistic transport. It's easy sitting on a couch to say "oh have it Monday" but in reality it's very hard.

Yeah honestly i had the local fans at the track in mind, to me it didnt change my sunday loll

And also yes i had the teams in mind, they for sure could work a monday race, with a tight schedule to repack and re set up for next race, but i hadnt thought of the marshalls. Sucks but thats life i guess

I find there should be a rule to cancel a race and the points in spectacular circonstances. Now well only know at the last race if spa affected the championship battle loll

The circumstances in 2011 here were different. CGV dried out really quick thanks to having no elevation change to speak of so no chance of rivers of water flowing. The wind picked up like crazy as well

2021 Formula 1 Official thread

IMO ils auraient du posponed la course à demain. De mémoire ça s’est déjà fait en Indy Car. Courrir derrière le SC et terminer la course ainsi c’est une joke IMO. Cette course là et Indianapolis avec 6 voitures qui prennent le départ vont rentrer dans la même catégorie de shameful race of all time.

Le problème de la logistique du lundi, c que tu va manquer de bénévoles...
mais ils auraient pu rouler des voitures pendant 2 hres pour tenter d'assécher une soi-disant ligne de course et faire une course sprint de 15 tours...

vraiment poche...

At the end of the day today's race changes nothing in my life. It will give us something to talk about but at the end of it I'll sleep the same

Retraite pour Kimi
71317981945f3037eb0463a853d54681.jpg

#savethemanuals

"Yeah it was like a hobby for me so I do it but I got tired of it so I don't want to do it anymore"

Pity, he's just as good as he was in "prime". It's like he's always in his prime.
On the other hand understandable cause of his age. Priorities change after so many years in the sport.

J'aurai vu Bottas chez Williams pour aider le développement de la voiture (famille Mercedes) plutôt que Alfa...
Mick Schumacher est de la fillière Ferrari, ça sera logique qu'il transfère chez Alfa. C'est dommage qu'il ait la pire voiture.
Pas certain que GIO va rester chez Alfa non plus.

Bien hâte de voir Russel faire fâcher Hamilton!

Yep ca va etre weird, j’imagine qu’ils avaient pu le choix sinon george allait ailleurs..

Pcq no way que mercedes voulait george right away. Hamilton chaque année si l’auto est bonne, il peut gagner le championnat, avec george, malgré clairement qu’il est un super talent et probablement un futur world champion.. y’a aucune garantie/expérience encore de ce côté là.

Avec russell dans le team, ca va faire un leclerc-vettel 2019 quasi garantie. Which is why im surprised they arent trying to stretch him at williams one extra year.

Anyhow, its truly the end of an era!!! For those like me who have been watching since the 90s.. this is huge!! I remember raikonnen, hamilton and alonso arriving on the scene, taking the place from schumi, etc i’m already a tad sad knowing that generation is fully gone almost already loll

Back