Formula 1 Official thread

The economics of F1 simply don't make sense. They never will. The problem is for most places it's a tourist draw (Asia, middle East and some of EU) Montreal is difficult to calculate accurately what it takes in. Yea it's a tourist draw but the majority of ticket holders are locals. Locals don't go out and stimulate the economy persay. While I might go out 1-2 times it's not for 5 days in a row. We will eat and drink on my deck.

IIRC there was a study done and Jazz Fest takes in more cash but it's a 2 week event vs F1 which is at most 5 days. I'm not worried about the event leaving, especially with the new paddock it's more the social benefit aspect that concerns me. The race in MTL is very important in terms of sponsors and tv time in Europe.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Dans la région de Montréal, juste l'organisation du GP et le coup que ça donne à l'économie dans une tonne de secteur, c'est immense.

En dedans d'une semaine, c'est comme donner un électrochoc à la ville: tout le monde moindrement branché sur les ''happenings'' se mettent à vouloir sortir, boire, manger. Les fournisseurs de près ou de loin de la F1 reçoivent des commandes, font travailler leur monde (et souvent en surtemps), ce monde-là vont dépenser leur argent et payer de l'impôt sur ce salaire. Ça fait tourner l'économie.

Beaucoup, beaucoup de compagnies en bénéficient de cet évènement. Juste en location d'équipement je serais curieux de connaître les chiffres.

Des évènements comme ça, Montréal en a besoin pour rester ''sur la map''. Cannes en France ne serait pas aussi prestigieuse sans son Festival. Ce qui rend Montréal attractive, c'est la variété et la concentration d'évènements en été : tu as 12 bonnes fin de semaines, il y a de quoi à CHACUNE d'entre elles.

So ..... nobody cares that their money is going or are ticket distributors promising your guys including Gregster etc. tickets to the next Fyre Festival in lieu of the MTL Grand Prix ?

On the other hand if I could chose between partying with Gregster......or partying with Gigi or Bella, or Kendall/Kylie.........that would be a very hard decision for me to make.

So ..... nobody cares that their money is going or are ticket distributors promising your guys including Gregster etc. tickets to the next Fyre Festival in lieu of the MTL Grand Prix ?

On the other hand if I could chose between partying with Gregster......or partying with Gigi or Bella, or Kendall/Kylie.........that would be a very hard decision for me to make.

You mean for Gregster?

Definitely a hard one.

Ça fait 2 ans qu'ils voulaient vendre, mais il se sont fait barré le chemin par d'autres investisseurs parce que McLaren avait déjà utilisé leur usine en garantie sur des prêts...

So ...is anything happening with the refunds ????

Called StubHub a few days ago and they are issuing me with a refund.
Otherwise it's a good thing to have a CC with insurance, I've used that on flights that didn't want to refund and got my money back within a week.

Back