Pédale d'embrayage demeure enfoncée

Le mécano a fait une première analyse et a remarqué qu'une "bracket" était cassée. Là, la pédale est revenu à sa position habituelle. Par contre, la pédale est maintenant hyper dure et elle descend d'à peine 1-2 pouces en appuyant très fort dessus.

Dis lui de procéder à la deuxième analyse.

Why did the bracket break in the first place it sounds like that was a secondary cause? If the pedal is hard as fuck it will probably be something like a bad pressure plate.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I second that for issue within the internals of the clutch/transmission assy. The bracket broke as you forced down on the pedal but not as root cause

I second that for issue within the internals of the clutch/transmission assy. The bracket broke as you forced down on the pedal but not as root cause
I've done a few clutch pedals on EVOs they are plastic and do break.

I don't know enough about EVOs to comment on the broken bracket etc. I suggest giving Jon Nicols Motorsport a call. He's on 20e av in Lachine. Has been playing around with Evo rally cars for 100 years

I've done a few clutch pedals on EVOs they are plastic and do break.

I don't know enough about EVOs to comment on the broken bracket etc. I suggest giving Jon Nicols Motorsport a call. He's on 20e av in Lachine. Has been playing around with Evo rally cars for 100 years

x2 pour Jon Nicols.

BTW je n’aurais pas apporté une voiture modifiée et surtout hors garantie dans un dealer.

Le mécano a fait une première analyse et a remarqué qu'une "bracket" était cassée. Là, la pédale est revenu à sa position habituelle. Par contre, la pédale est maintenant hyper dure et elle descend d'à peine 1-2 pouces en appuyant très fort dessus.

That makes sense- as I explained earlier- the clutch you have may be the reason for the failure. The pressure plate/ combo is just too much- overkill etc.
You know my opinion on where to go and what part to change.

When the pressure plate- usually after-market ones ( like Silvervipers) are built with too much clamping force, the weakest point is the master cylinder, which was design for factory clutches. In the case of the EVO X- the 1st design was already weak for the clutch kit that the car came with from the factory. They upgraded for the 2010 MY and also fixed other non related issues. The new OE master can handle the OE clutch no issues- but many owners still upgraded to be safe. My Evo has the OE MY2010 master - I have 185000km and no issues. The key being aftermarket clutch choice.
When I test drove in 2009 an EVO X that had the ACT newly released clutch kit- I was amazed and disappointed to feel how hard the pedal effort was, like crazy effort almost uncomfortable. BUT this was the only option on the market at the time. People bought them, people were disappointed, masters were replaced.
When I was due for a clutch upgrade, I worked with Bully to design ( well they did the research- I told them what was required for the market) a kit that can handle increase torque but keeping stock pedal feel. The result was a design with needle bearing pressure plate that could simulate OE effort but for up to 700WTQ- depending on kit choice.
With literally hundreds of Bully clutches sold for EVO Xs, their design proved successful and the need for master upgrade was less critical.

to parallel to another platform I know well, most B18 Hondas suffer from master and slave failures right after clutch replacement. Normally a B18s clutch when getting on in the mileage tends to stiffen up, pressure plate gets brittle- usually the disc springs fail before worn- but many savvy Honda mechanics know to replace both slave and master when servicing B18 clutches to avoid the new clutch- new pressure- slave failure.

The way I see it- if your leg can press down on a pedal and the resistance is increased from the clutch side, its the job of the hydraulic cylinders to create movement. If they are not designed for such force, they eventually fail- some sooner than later.
In the case of the EVO X, the above description is well documented.

Bully stuff is nice and actually feels good. It's almost like someone thought "this might drive this on the street most of its life" vs the usual suspects where you need a robic leg to operate. I never understood the desire to "over clutch" let's say a car with mild power increase if not needed

Back