2Tone 1986 Toyota MR2

That's a pretty low-volume tool, so it's basically pure profit.

What are those copper-looking things between the angle and the flat plate? Temporary rivets?

I am familiar with pop-rivets.

I've seen pictures of that before on aluminium, but I need to be edjumacated.

Yes you are right. We just call them Clecos they are different colors for different sizes holes.
96B36D7E-ECD0-43C3-826C-E38AD07EB1A6.jpeg

B43056D2-563F-4261-B1E0-FF16612BB2F0.jpeg
E4721B6F-DA0C-46D7-9DCA-2368316361CF.jpeg
285BDA7B-4450-4DA9-A6E9-726D6D99CB57.jpeg
6AD407A9-49FD-458A-A2E7-DC1CB6E77F48.jpeg

First attempt to powder coat at home.

Sorry, i didn’t post anything. I’ve been very busy at work and when i have free time, i’m too tired and lazy to do big jobs on the car. I have have been little things here and there and i will post more once everything comes together

That turned out well.

I guess you'll be redoing it again in the future?
It’s looks nice being flat black but it’s actually supposed to be wrinkle texture. It’s not wrinkly enough. I read online where people had the same problem as me and they say to try it again for hotter and longer in the oven.

For black wrinkle I found that VHT wrinkle paint works pretty well. Main downside is that it takes about a month to get anywhere near fully hard, which is normal considering that it's laid down thick enough so the texture can develop.

For black wrinkle I found that VHT wrinkle paint works pretty well. Main downside is that it takes about a month to get anywhere near fully hard, which is normal considering that it's laid down thick enough so the texture can develop.

Ohh, good to know. My coworker brought me some vht wrinkle paint for his rb25 valve covers. Hope it works out

Présentement
24852F97-0EB1-4CF5-B843-DE37848669F6.jpeg

Le project continue finalement… énormément de changement dans les derniers 9 mois…
Divorce, project de déménagement, changement de carrière, pus de blonde, revient à caisse de départ, les moments sombres….
ANYWAY ça va mieux :bigup:mais il me manque un peu de cash en ce moment pour finir le moteur.
Je vais y travailler dessus quand j’aurai fini mes rénos

Last edited:
sorry about your personals issues. This is one very interesting build, looking forward to see what is next. I really liked your Celica build as well, still thinking about it from time to time.

sorry about your personals issues. This is one very interesting build, looking forward to see what is next. I really liked your Celica build as well, still thinking about it from time to time.

Thanks man! My friend still has the celica. He say he willl move to Edmonton and i hope he’ll bring it and we can work in it together. We’ll see!

Back