2Tone 1986 Toyota MR2

That is structural you know especially with an engine there!

Then it’s a good thing i’m not just puttying it

Joking aside, it won’t be a project binki level of work but i will do my best and not cut corners. And if any of you have pointers then I’ll be glad to hear from you.

Then it’s a good thing i’m not just puttying it

Joking aside, it won’t be a project binki level of work but i will do my best and not cut corners. And if any of you have pointers then I’ll be glad to hear from you.

Pull the trim off and look it over. Check from the pillar down The rocker just replace it with steel.

J'ai peut-être la grosse pompe denso avec le strainer d'origine... Si t'es intéressé laisse moi savoir et je vais fouiller.

WOW. Vraiment très très hot comme projet. Ton build de ta celica était épic aussi. driveshaft en carbone pis toute il me semble.
YES!

J'ai peut-être la grosse pompe denso avec le strainer d'origine... Si t'es intéressé laisse moi savoir et je vais fouiller.
Oui ça m'intéresse. Mais pas tout de suite. Je te laisserai savoir en PM

WOW. Vraiment très très hot comme projet. Ton build de ta celica était épic aussi. driveshaft en carbone pis toute il me semble.
YES!

Ouais, j’avais fini le build, rouler avec pendant 2 ans pis le clutch commençait à lâcher. Fac je l’ai parker chez mes parent pendant que j’allais à l’école en Ontario, pis au bout du compte je ne savais pas où est ce que je vais être pour la job alors j’ai donné la celica à mon ami. Y’était supposer de le rebâtir mais ça fair 3 ans qu’il n’a rien fait. Des fois je pense de la reprendre mais je me suis dit que c’est le temp de passer à autre chose.

Je l'ai lu. C'est pas exactement détaillé et son build thread de sa CS n'est pas a jour.

Envoyé de mon Pixel 2 en utilisant Tapatalk

ok this is the full story.
so i stopped posting pics of the build because at some point i was afraid for it to get stolen so i just kept it down low.
so after i finished building it, i drove it through out the winter. then in spring, while lapping at ASE something went wrong and i blew the stroker engine. then i put a stock long block in and drove it for a while until the tranny would hardly get into gears. at that point, i was kinda fed up so i parked it at my parents house... Life happened and i was in Ontario for school. At that point, i wasn't sure in what province i would be when i graduate and being RHD, i wouldn't wanna bother with insurance and out of province inspections so i said fuck it, and gave the car to my friend so he can take care of it. the car right now is still plated in Qc and my friend is looking to swap a K24 in it. hope one day it'll be done.

Build this one! I honestly think it would be fun to drive!

Suggestion start gutting the interior, start checking out the structure and the base. I have a feeling it isn't perfect but if the doors line up and close properly it may not be too far gone.

Mon voisin avait son Celica GTS depuis genre 20 ans, il ne l'a plus depuis quelques semaines... Le monde est petit si c'est celui que tu as acheté. C'était pas mal le seul GTS que j'ai vue dans les 10 dernières annés.

ok this is the full story.
so i stopped posting pics of the build because at some point i was afraid for it to get stolen so i just kept it down low.
so after i finished building it, i drove it through out the winter. then in spring, while lapping at ASE something went wrong and i blew the stroker engine. then i put a stock long block in and drove it for a while until the tranny would hardly get into gears. at that point, i was kinda fed up so i parked it at my parents house... Life happened and i was in Ontario for school. At that point, i wasn't sure in what province i would be when i graduate and being RHD, i wouldn't wanna bother with insurance and out of province inspections so i said fuck it, and gave the car to my friend so he can take care of it. the car right now is still plated in Qc and my friend is looking to swap a K24 in it. hope one day it'll be done.

Man, I would've jumped head first into get your project back on its wheels, but 3 years ago. I used to have one GT-Four, and I remember how fun they are (especially in the snow) but how tight everything is under the hood.

Mon voisin avait son Celica GTS depuis genre 20 ans, il ne l'a plus depuis quelques semaines... Le monde est petit si c'est celui que tu as acheté. C'était pas mal le seul GTS que j'ai vue dans les 10 dernières annés.
je suis en Alberta en ce moment. penserai pas que c'est celle de ton voisin. hehehe

Man, I would've jumped head first into get your project back on its wheels, but 3 years ago. I used to have one GT-Four, and I remember how fun they are (especially in the snow) but how tight everything is under the hood.
yeah, i kinda wished i still have it just because it was a RC. but anyway, it was hard to find parts for it so i didn't feel like a big lost there. plus my friend said he'll give it back to me whenever i wanted it. now that i'm settled and have a place to work on it, i'm thinking about it more. but i gave it so i don't want to look back on it too much. don't want to be an "indian giver" lol

What i will do next, it's to put it on jack stands and scrub the engine bay clean.
after that, i can install the new engine mounts.
then, i'll reassemble the engine in Jan and have it in before Feb.

All this needs extra$$$ and i might not have my second job anymore by the end of the year so i'll have to work with what i got

Edit: just got the news that i'll be able to keep my second job:bigup:

Last edited:
Varsol tank then into the dishwasher. Came out pretty good lol
8535117B-E8E2-44F4-A357-85F9D99E79DF.jpeg

68914BC4-09F2-439A-84D6-26DC9D4AFD3A.jpeg
A255D8A4-C6EA-4444-B5D3-382BFA2F8B08.jpeg
So the numbers turned out very good so i’m just gonna get a flex-hone and do the job myself.

2BF603FF-5291-40C1-9630-DEDE0AF81202.jpeg

Next, i gotta bring my crank to work and polish the journals then measure it with a micrometer.
I got a bumch or parts in like wiring harness, exhaust rocker arms for the vtec killer set up, the shifter and cables plus i got a spare valve cover to work on.
Next thing i’ll need to buy are the Type-S camshafts and new piston rings

Back