Faire La Guerre Avec l'Hiver / Winterbeater thread

Still sporting the '05 92x Aero Frankensaabaru:

Screenshot 2020-12-23 135525.jpg

Nothing crazy, just the stock WRX 2.0T engine tuned slightly with catless STi exhaust line end to end, STi steering rack and intercooler, '04 Legacy GT brake pads and rotors, and a few minor suspension mods - 3/4" lowered, bushings...

Is it rusty - hell yeah - but is it ever fun to drive.

Just don't ask about the tyres. We never speak of the tyres.

Honestly except for the rust its biggest flaw is that the exhaust is way too loud for my taste but hey - I mostly use it in the winter. 5000km since October 2018.

ah, yes, the good old days, when homologué meant 25 sports cars, a snowflake was just that, the police would close the 15 north of St Jerome because that was the smart thing to do, the snow makers in Mont St Sauveur didn't make snow crystals float onto the 15, the bridge builders wouldn't cure the fresh cement with water during cold weather, etc .

Faire La Guerre Avec l'Hiver / Winterbeater thread

Cette année , a date ç'est pas compliqué , ça prend un DD bin ordinaire avec des pneus qui évacue bien la pluie ...

Lexus gs350 awd... enough no never get stuck
Enough electronics to keep me away from the ditch lol

Lexus gs350 awd... enough no never get stuck
Enough electronics to keep me away from the ditch lol

Un vieux char sans électronique, 4 tres bon pneus d'hivers, un bon conducteur , tu te ramasse jamais dans l'champs ...

I found Lexus to have the most intrusive electronics even when turned off of any car I've ever owned. Even with the traction control off and stability system off you slide the car one degree sideways and it's beeping at you and engages the system again unless you play some sort of Nintendo up down button combination to completely turn it off which takes 25 minutes to do

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

I found Lexus to have the most intrusive electronics even when turned off of any car I've ever owned. Even with the traction control off and stability system off you slide the car one degree sideways and it's beeping at you and engages the system again unless you play some sort of Nintendo up down button combination to completely turn it off which takes 25 minutes to do

I found the procedure to take everything off.
In Park, you keep pressed two buttons for 5 seconds.
Then you get a message and you can do burnouts and 360 degrees without any intrusion. But yes usually nobody does this in a gs350 lol
The car is a tank and awd is impressive

I found the procedure to take everything off.
In Park, you keep pressed two buttons for 5 seconds.
Then you get a message and you can do burnouts and 360 degrees without any intrusion. But yes usually nobody does this in a gs350 lol
The car is a tank and awd is impressive
It didn't work in the IS250. I ended up just pulling the ABS fuse

ALH TDI.
0010996ac645620e6152961e51411be2.jpg

Yes it is. I don't understand people who mismatch tires... This is the same logic as people who would put winter tires in the rear or front and use all seasons either or.. I don't get

You have 4 contact patches on a car. Those 4 contact points should have the same level of grip.

Exact! Si jamais je m'achète une Porsche 911, première chose que je fait c'est changer les pneus pour 4 pareils. :D

Gregster , if I get a winter tire for the left front and an all season for the right front is it ok ? Or I put the all season to the left front ? Maybe better traction ?
For the rear I have two summers, almost bald. If I put some nails in them , do you think it will help with the traction ?
It's RWD and my ABS light sensor is on .
I don't want to die young.

Gregster , if I get a winter tire for the left front and an all season for the right front is it ok ? Or I put the all season to the left front ? Maybe better traction ?
For the rear I have two summers, almost bald. If I put some nails in them , do you think it will help with the traction ?
It's RWD and my ABS light sensor is on .
I don't want to die young.
Get self tapping screws and make your own studs. Use bubble gum to seal up the tire or a piece of soft foam and tube. It's okay I spoke to my friend in Romania. He said it's okay, he is an engineer

Put the studs on one side of the car...

Get self tapping screws and make your own studs. Use bubble gum to seal up the tire or a piece of soft foam and tube. It's okay I spoke to my friend in Romania. He said it's okay, he is an engineer

Put the studs on one side of the car...

If I put the studs on one side of the car... does it make it 2X4 or 4X2 ? I don't have a switch.

If I put the studs on one side of the car... does it make it 2X4 or 4X2 ? I don't have a switch.
This is a good question. I'll contact engineering to get the answer. But you should out really really big tires in the front if fwd or rear if rwd.. will make spinning harder. More control! 4x4 or AWD one big in front and one in back on opposite sides.

Back