Towing a car from Gatineau *** Ostentatious automotive icon delivered **** Post 6

darkestfenix

I just bought a car in Gatineau. I hired a towing company in the area with good reviews online to pick it up this Friday and bring it home to Montreal. First time doing this.

Should the towing company provide anything to me ahead of time? Should the dealer be getting something from the tow truck company as proof?

I just don't want the towing company to drive off with the car and I have nothing "legal" to show for it besides a verbal agreement over a phone call.

Thanks guys.

I would at least ask them to send the quote by email

Sent from my ELS-NX9 using Tapatalk

I just don't want the towing company to drive off with the car and I have nothing "legal" to show for it besides a verbal agreement over a phone call.

It's a towing compagny. They can drove off with any car they want... :D

Generally the dealer will give a release to you and towing company.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

20 years old! Good eye! hahahaha A car on hockey pucks! I think they're the original factory tires. Surprisingly no cracks.
Ha those old ass Michelin's are a common sight on Vipers. Please don't be the typical cheap-ass viper owner... Get modern tires and new fluids at minimum. Hopefully the dampers don't start leaking once you start driving

Ha those old ass Michelin's are a common sight on Vipers. Please don't be the typical cheap-ass viper owner... Get modern tires and new fluids at minimum. Hopefully the dampers don't start leaking once you start driving

All wear/tear items being replaced before the first drive. Rotors, pads, coolant, brake fluid, engine/transmission/differential oils, tires. Not gonna see any track time and abuse but better be safe than sorry.

All wear/tear items being replaced before the first drive. Rotors, pads, coolant, brake fluid, engine/transmission/differential oils, tires. Not gonna see any track time and abuse but better be safe than sorry.
Exactly. As I said based on my experience Vipers are just odd where everything will be original and you are using a rubber mallet on the caliper to get the gelled brake fluid out of the bleeder.

It's just a cool driving experience. Torque Everywhere. You can literally start in 3rd gear

Exactly. As I said based on my experience Vipers are just odd where everything will be original and you are using a rubber mallet on the caliper to get the gelled brake fluid out of the bleeder.

It's just a cool driving experience. Torque Everywhere. You can literally start in 3rd gear

I think the rotors are the originals, the pads are different (front vs back), tires are different (front vs back)... I wasn't able to take the car for a spin before buying it unfortunately because of the weather, but hopefully the transmission and differential are fine. Best guess is the original fluids are still in there... probably coolant and brake fluid as well... hopefully replaced once in the last 20 years... Only a 2 owner car.

Back