Drummer from Kittie on vocals : The White Swan

ThePapi

I find them fucking excellent. I also enjoyed later Kittie in some places, especially when they started getting doomy towards the end. This however, is just fucking great all around. There isn't a bad song on any of their EPs.

A sludgy cover of a classic Wings song maybe? There you go.

C'est étrange, c'est comme du sludge de fille.

Je connaissais ni un ni l'autre mais White Swans sonne un peu mieux, moins cheesy (ce qui est presque criminel quand on fait dans le sludgy).

Edit: finalement, je viens de checker pis Kittie, j'ai eu une ex qui écoutait ça. C'est quand même old school.

the end.

C'est étrange, c'est comme du sludge de fille.

Je connaissais ni un ni l'autre mais White Swans sonne un peu mieux, moins cheesy (ce qui est presque criminel quand on fait dans le sludgy).

Edit: finalement, je viens de checker pis Kittie, j'ai eu une ex qui écoutait ça. C'est quand même old school.

the end.

Yeah Kittie was actually huge at some point. From london Ontatio to Conan o'Brien and Ozzfest and all when they were 16-17 years old I think. Their early shows were a fucking mess tbh. I didn't really follow them throughout the years but they got more and more intense and heavy as soon as they fell off the mainstream radar which is hilarious. I was actually surprised they kept going for so long when I found out about the documentary they made a couple years ago so I checked their later output and there is doom, sludge, death and black metal peppered in generously. I've listened to the album with Pink Lemonade quite a lot while working in the last few weeks before I found White Swan.

So I can totally see where White Swan is coming from. I like slow tempos and have a soft spot for reverb drenched female vocals in my metal so it got me hard pretty much instantly. I like drony bands with female vocals like Nadja and Boris a lot but sometimes it's fun too when the songs actually start.

I only got into sludge after the last HeavyMTL. I acified my mind and went to go watch Dopethrone (because a band member happened to be a college friend). Both them and Fu Manchu blew my mind at the forest stage.

I'll give White Swan more spins for sure.

the end.

Dopethrone fucking rocks. Transcanadien Anger is the darkest shit I've heard in a while. Oppressive as fuck.

Yeah Kittie was actually huge at some point. From london Ontatio to Conan o'Brien and Ozzfest and all when they were 16-17 years old I think. Their early shows were a fucking mess tbh. I didn't really follow them throughout the years but they got more and more intense and heavy as soon as they fell off the mainstream radar which is hilarious. I was actually surprised they kept going for so long when I found out about the documentary they made a couple years ago so I checked their later output and there is doom, sludge, death and black metal peppered in generously. I've listened to the album with Pink Lemonade quite a lot while working in the last few weeks before I found White Swan.

So I can totally see where White Swan is coming from. I like slow tempos and have a soft spot for reverb drenched female vocals in my metal so it got me hard pretty much instantly. I like drony bands with female vocals like Nadja and Boris a lot but sometimes it's fun too when the songs actually start.

Do you like Windhand? Not super heavy, but I love pulling the "1 more song and you can change it" with Boleskine

I listened to Kittie a bunch 20 years ago. You can eat a dick was a funny song.

I had no idea about Windhand thanks for the suggestion I put it in my work from home playlist I'll give them a few listens for sure.

I actually like how they aren't bothered too much with keeping perfect time. The drummer accelerates during fills and the whole band settles back down after a while it's pretty cool and the dungeon vocals mmmhhh yes.

Back