Looking at a car in Ontario, need some expertise

NICOBKN

Hello,

I'm looking at a car from Toronto. Whats the process to bring it to qc other than passing an inspection?
The car is a 2010, can we still declare cars 10 years and older for less value? are there any other taxes that need to be paid? the car is for sale by the owner. Do they have proxy forms in Ontario? The license plate bureau is closed on the weekend, and that's the only time i can make it there. Lastly, what's the safest way of leaving a deposit remotely ?

Thanks

Je te conseille de lire ce thread attentivement. j'ai faite un petit résumé en dernière page
https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...hete-une-voiture-en-Ontario&highlight=ONTARIO

Tu ne paie pas les taxes en ontario mais au Quebec après ton inspection. Au service ontario, t'a juste besoin d'un permis spécial 10 jours(ou 14? je me rappelle plus). ca coute 20$ et quelques.

Et de mon expérience, je donnerai juste un dépôt après être allé voir la voiture...

Je te conseille de lire ce thread attentivement. j'ai faite un petit résumé en dernière page
https://www.montrealracing.com/foru...hete-une-voiture-en-Ontario&highlight=ONTARIO

Tu ne paie pas les taxes en ontario mais au Quebec après ton inspection. Au service ontario, t'a juste besoin d'un permis spécial 10 jours(ou 14? je me rappelle plus). ca coute 20$ et quelques.

Et de mon expérience, je donnerai juste un dépôt après être allé voir la voiture...

Dans mon cas contrat de vente ils le voulaient absolument, je l'avais perdu et j'ai du demander un scan par courriel au vendeur. À considérer si op veut pas déclarer le plein prix pour les taxes.

Merci, finalement ca a pas marché. Le gars ma fait aller a Toronto et l'auto avait était smash en avant

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

No fucking way? You didn't ask for a Carfax first? Or it wasn't on record?

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk
Partially my fault, it was rushed and didn't think about it until I was like 45min away from Toronto. Basically, I called the guy Friday morning, he claimed the truck was all original and in mint condition. It looked brand new on the photos. I worked late Friday, got home, booked a hotel, worked Saturday morning and went straight to Toronto after work. The car had a 15k claim two months ago. I think the guy bought the car, got in an accident, had it fixed and put it back up for sale. He lied to me in my face, I was playing stupid and I showed him the carfax at the end. Lesson learned

Partially my fault, it was rushed and didn't think about it until I was like 45min away from Toronto. Basically, I called the guy Friday morning, he claimed the truck was all original and in mint condition. It looked brand new on the photos. I worked late Friday, got home, booked a hotel, worked Saturday morning and went straight to Toronto after work. The car had a 15k claim two months ago. I think the guy bought the car, got in an accident, had it fixed and put it back up for sale. He lied to me in my face, I was playing stupid and I showed him the carfax at the end. Lesson learned

What kind of truck was it? Still man the car business is shady as fuck it's crazy.

What kind of truck was it? Still man the car business is shady as fuck it's crazy.

2010 rav4 v6.

Yeah, there was a really nice one not to far from my buddy's place. I call the dealer, salesman claims its mint, no major scratches on anything " really clean inside and out"

My buddy went to see it, had a major exhaust leak and flaws all over the place
c85ebd82566490a307f11a091e6fb771.jpg
af66aa44280af6ae78eb9c53fa4ab5cd.jpg

It's a fucking rav4. Not a single reason to want one so bad to go get it at the end of the world. Find something else jeez.

Did you really go to Toronto for a Rav4? lol there's none in Montreal?

BTW not to sound like a badass but I'd curse the guy the fuck out, instead of playing dumb, for making me go to Toronto for no reason.

I saw it on the carproof

Just a theory. :p
If i drove my car up 50000km without going to any garage, then rolled it back to 20000km, how can carproof or carfax see that?
or drove it to 50000km, went to garage, drive it till 70000km, then rolled it back to 51000km

Sérieux faut pas se fier au carproof ou carfax wtv. C'est seulement pour te donner une idée.

J'en avais déjà parlé ici mais l'année dernière quand mon beau-frère regardait pour s'acheter un char, je suis aller faire l'essai avec lui et en finissant j'ai fait un check-up du body pour voir de quoi ça avait l'air ; tout le coté gauche avait été refait et vraiment butché. Les panneaux mal alignés, coulisses de clear sur le quarter panel, lignes de découpage.

Quand j'ai demandé au vendeur (dealer) de sortir le carproof, il y avait un claim de 2k$ sur l'aile avant gauche. Quand je lui ai dit que le coté gauche au complet avait été refait (et mal refait) il me disait que c'était impossible et qu'il avait été inspecter par ses gars dans le garage lol

Alors ne jamais prendre un carproof pour du cash, seulement comme référence si il y a déjà eu un claim et où il a été enregistré (autre province que Québec ou usa)

Back