20 Years today: Dale Earnhardt

Metro666

Today, it has been 20 years that Dale passed away in that horrible crash. R.I.P The intimidator.
b36be8c04936949a322f65a1b7d4467a.jpg

Envoyé de mon SM-G960W en utilisant Tapatalk

Don't ask me why but when I saw the title of the thread I already knew it was from you.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

Avec tout les protections pour le pilote en Nascar de nos jours , un crash moyen comme ça et le gars va prendre une biere avec la gang en fin de course ....

Jr raconte de tres bonnes anecdotes sur son paternel dans ses premiers podcasts.

J’etais sous le choc a l’epoque. Tellement invraissemblable et banal a premiere vue comme accident.

Ya jamais voulu porte le Hans ! I serai pt encore en vie

Envoyé de mon LM-G900 en utilisant Tapatalk
Hans device around that time in most racing was sorta in its infancy. There is a great book called Rapid Response where they talk about it and how the people behind Hans were really trying to get Dale Sr to wear it. He brushed them off as nerds and I'm a man!

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Hans device around that time in most racing was sorta in its infancy. There is a great book called Rapid Response where they talk about it and how the people behind Hans were really trying to get Dale Sr to wear it. He brushed them off as nerds and I'm a man!

yeah i cant remember well, wasnt he saying it was uncomfortable or something.... was such a tiny crash also, i'm sure no one expected him to be dead after seeing this normal average nascar crash... crazy

yeah i cant remember well, wasnt he saying it was uncomfortable or something.... was such a tiny crash also, i'm sure no one expected him to be dead after seeing this normal average nascar crash... crazy
Yea and he couldn't breathe or something. Same reason he wore open helmets. The crash was bad it was the ones that drivers did fear because those sudden right hook into the wall at speed really hurt. If you watch the post race commentary Waltrip was talking about how those are the ones that get you. Those rolling end over end or end generally aren't that bad, lots of energy gets scrubbed as the car is rolling along.

Similar crashes killed John Nemechek, Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin. So Nascar knew about them already. Nemechek accident was his head hit the wall. Safety was pretty lax in Nascar at the time. Other series were really stepping it up.

Gordon still says Hans saved his life here and it was the hardest wreck he's been in. Nascar looked at the crash and determined it would have been fatal

Dale Sr was in the final few years of his career as a driver and had a growing race team. To me the biggest tragedy is DEI no longer exists and gold digger Theresa makes sure to collect her royalties on every last cent.

Yea and he couldn't breathe or something. Same reason he wore open helmets. The crash was bad it was the ones that drivers did fear because those sudden right hook into the wall at speed really hurt. If you watch the post race commentary Waltrip was talking about how those are the ones that get you. Those rolling end over end or end generally aren't that bad, lots of energy gets scrubbed as the car is rolling along.

Similar crashes killed John Nemechek, Adam Petty and Kenny Irwin. So Nascar knew about them already. Nemechek accident was his head hit the wall. Safety was pretty lax in Nascar at the time. Other series were really stepping it up.

Gordon still says Hans saved his life here and it was the hardest wreck he's been in. Nascar looked at the crash and determined it would have been fatal
https://youtu.be/-oyYD-D7A2g

Dale Sr was in the final few years of his career as a driver and had a growing race team. To me the biggest tragedy is DEI no longer exists and gold digger Theresa makes sure to collect her royalties on every last cent.

DEI ??

Envoyé de mon LM-G900 en utilisant Tapatalk

Actually he was saying it was for 'pussies' and he didn't want this 'noose' around his neck.

He probably loosened his belts during the long stoppage to clean up the wreck before his crash and the resulting slack severed the belt during impact. No one will ever know.

Actually he was saying it was for 'pussies' and he didn't want this 'noose' around his neck.

He probably loosened his belts during the long stoppage to clean up the wreck before his crash and the resulting slack severed the belt during impact. No one will ever know.
The harness had been altered and installed wrong. Bill Simpson got dragged through the mud for nothing. The first photos that started circulating were of the belts that were cut by paramedics. Nascar later found that poorly or improperly mounted harnesses were rather common and it was left to slide. Sr wore his belts loose as well.

If not for the basilar fracture he would have been pretty banged up but recovered. Likely would have been career ending at his age tho.

The worst part is that his best friend Neil Bonnett died the same way at the same track..

A true legend indeed, friends would always make fun of me as a kid because our family was legit a bunch of Americas that loved Nascar, NFL etc

I remember when I was a kid GM came out with Chevy Monte Carlo Earnhardt edition, fuck I wanted that car haha

I was truly cursed as a kid when I found myself a fav racer, Senna, Dale, Greg Moore, argh.

Back