Jay Leno Garage- The Pride of Boisbriand!

Gregster

Legacy Member
Firebird WS6. @Metro666 needs a box of tissues and 5 mins alone

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

My secret car love. 2001-2002 trans am ws6 t-top. Loved that model as far back as I can remember.

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

even as a kid I hated these cars,

Crack out the mullet, bud and lemme go bang my sister.

None the less, I like reading up on the history of so called forgotten jewels.

No stranger to the hobby, the 39-year-old service advisor knew the easy mods to free up some power from his LS1. Before tearing into the virgin engine, he established a baseline. It was secured to a Dynojet and once the rollers came to a halt, the screen displayed some incredible numbers—335 rwhp and 353 lb-ft of torque. "Since it made more power at the wheels than it was rated for at the crank, I knew something was up," he recalls. "My friend and former business partner Kyle Breise and I hunted around to see if there was anything that stuck out as being different on this car than we had seen on other cars." Using a mirror and a flashlight, they looked behind the driver-side cylinder head on the block and ran the block code—12561168. It turned out to be an LS6 block. According to LS1 folklore, around 10-15 percent of 2001 and 25 percent of 2002 F-bodies came with an LS6 block.

Hey boss, on a plus assez de LS1 pour finir la prod...
AaaaaaaaaaaaAAAAAaaaaa... met des LS6, on s'en criss on farme la shop dans 2 mois.

Commun pour les C5 de base aussi d'avoir un block LS6. Surtout les 2002 et +
Ce qui est avantageux d'un LS6 par contre c'est les tete 243, le cam, lifters, spring (a changer anyways) et l'intake

Le block est presque pareil ls1 vs ls6 sauf le venting par le valley cover. Aucun avantage de power avec le block

I never really cared for those BUT, I really do miss the fact that one of the big 3 was in Qc.

I never really cared for those BUT, I really do miss the fact that one of the big 3 was in Qc.
Waste of tax payer money to justify keeping the plant I'm glad it's gone. Blatantly used Quebec as an ATM.Its pretty much unskilled labor jobs that doesn't contribute to much overall. No technical or development work was done here.

You could make the argument that Bombardier plant is a waste but there are skilled trades, engineering jobs not to mention sub industries with the same. It's worth propping up just for knowledge alone.

Waste of tax payer money to justify keeping the plant I'm glad it's gone. Blatantly used Quebec as an ATM.Its pretty much unskilled labor jobs that doesn't contribute to much overall. No technical or development work was done here.

You could make the argument that Bombardier plant is a waste but there are skilled trades, engineering jobs not to mention sub industries with the same. It's worth propping up just for knowledge alone.

Do you know how many plant managers, production engineers, quality guys came out of this place and worked in smaller shops around? Maybe GM did not invented anything in QC but they upped the production game and they provided a shit ton of knowledge on how to mass produce stuff. Without GM, I doubt all of the Mirabel fancy flying shops would be that great.

Je suis tellement vieux que j'ai travaillé sur ce modèle a Boisbriand ! J'ai assemblé les barres de torsion sur les essieux et j'ai aussi placé en ordre les headliner ( pièce en tissus moulé en dessous du toit à l'intérieur de l'auto ) dans des racks

y'avais des affiches qui nous interdisait de parler sur la possible fermeture sous peine de sanction !

C'est cool mais ça fait tellement "Batmobile". C'était la mode du temps mais les Camaro étaient bien plus jolies..

Do you know how many plant managers, production engineers, quality guys came out of this place and worked in smaller shops around? Maybe GM did not invented anything in QC but they upped the production game and they provided a shit ton of knowledge on how to mass produce stuff. Without GM, I doubt all of the Mirabel fancy flying shops would be that great.

Ce n'est pas Quebec qui a tué cette usine mais le syndicat.

Le PDG de GM a visité l'usine fin 90, c'était une visite majeure en grande pompe. Le syndicat a fait une journée de grève, ont accueilli le PDG avec des huées et en brassant avec des gros bras. Apparemment quand le PDG est parti de là il s'est juré de crisser la clé dans la porte et que c'était une gang d'animaux les employés de cette usine.

C'était la même affaire avec Kenworth juste à coté, il y a un magnifique documentaire sur la saga Kenworth où on voit le syndicalisme des année 90 sous toute sa splendeur (gros sacre de fonds de bois, gros bras, menace, intimidation, bousculade et tirage de collet).

Le PDG de GM a visité l'usine fin 90, c'était une visite majeure en grande pompe. Le syndicat a fait une journée de grève, ont accueilli le PDG avec des huées et en brassant avec des gros bras. Apparemment quand le PDG est parti de là il s'est juré de crisser la clé dans la porte et que c'était une gang d'animaux les employés de cette usine.

C'était la même affaire avec Kenworth juste à coté, il y a un magnifique documentaire sur la saga Kenworth où on voit le syndicalisme des année 90 sous toute sa splendeur (gros sacre de fonds de bois, gros bras, menace, intimidation, bousculade et tirage de collet).

pourquoi je suis pas surpris !

J'ai vecu ça de mes propres yeux , pour un usine a Mtl qui usinais des pieces en metal (facilement remplaceble en chine) gros syndicat , bon salaire , en grève chaque année, je disais à mes clients , wtf arrêter c'Est certain çâ va pas bien finir ...
On aime blamer tout sauf les syndicat

Back