Daft Punk announce split after nearly three decades with explosive Epilogue video

Diode

''Daft Punk, the influential French electronic music duo, are officially disbanding nearly 28 years after forming in Paris in 1993. But, at least, they're going out with a literal bang.

The group released a video titled "Epilogue" on Monday morning that sees the pair, known outside of their performance personas as Thomas Bangalter and Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo, walking side by side in the desert. One of them takes off his leather jacket to reveal a detonation device strapped to his back. His bandmate presses a button before he walks away to explode. A title card follows with the years "1993-2021."''

J'ai jamais été un gros fan de musique électronique mais j'ai eu ma passe en 1996-1999 avec Daft Punk, The Chemical Brothers, The Prodigy etc.

Je trouvais ça cool aussi qu'ils ne montraient pas leurs visages .

Le dernier album est vraiment cool si t'es un fan des années 70's
Il est pas mal exequo (random acces memories avec discovery)

Genre d'album bon de A à Z
Les deux autres album sont bon mais pas autant.

Random Access Memories est mon album préféré d'eux. Le concept de ne jamais se montrer, à la The Residents était cool.

du89syvfa3j61.jpg

I remember downloading this video clip through mIRC (Warez) before seeing it on TV in like 1998 while sitting in a computer class in Cegep. They are the band who reconnected me with other types of music since I was a bit hardcore "heavy metal dude" at the time ;)

They will be missed.

Back