The harder you try to keep a car clean....the universe strikes back.

Last year I bought my first new car after finishing school and saving. - a Civic Type R. Decided to try my best to keep it clean, waxing, two bucket washes, etc.

What happens immediately after I buy it? My neighbour decides to sand his porch steps and gets concrete dust all over my car:yikes:. Result is a scratched windshield from some fine powder trapping itself between wiper.

Or I hit the biggest rocks on the 13 I've ever seen.

Or I'm driving, and a city worker on a weed whacker launches rocks into the door when cleaning a bus stop. etc.

I think when the newness wears off me the universe will calm down.

(ofcourse these are mostly minor things. I'm just making the thread as a joke - seeing if anyone else has had similar things that only happen after a new purchase to them!)

non written law.

- I kept my maxima 10 years, and I had only one major dent the 1st 6 months of ownership.

- My moms brand new audi A5 with 200km on the clock get backed up at jeancoutu, a major dent on the front fender, and since then 0 scratch, now with 70 000km.

Wasn't a new car but still

Caliber SRT-4, was at a bodyshop for a few weeks ( some respray and full clear coat )

Car was looking better than brand new at the dealer

Had a 10km drive between the bodyshop and my house. Was following a dumptruck maybe 6-8 cars lenght behind just to be safe.

A big fuckin rock fell of the truck and bounced on the highway just before it hit my front fender.

Don't recall being that much pissed in my entire existence.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

I am shopping for homes, and found one was situated on a dirt road. I decided to pass on that one; I think I would be constantly miserable with an always-dusty car.

So there is some aspect of self-inflicted pain.

2 jours âpres avoir eu mon Mazda6 Flambant neuve, j'ai reculer dans la clôture a ma job en me stationnant.

Ça a presque rien fait, juste déformer le bumper, juste pour dire que je pouvais le voir en lavant l'auto lol.

Tacoma 2019 flambant neuf, mon jeep etait parké en arriere, pars le Jeep tot le matin avant de prendre mon café, lache la clutch, était en 1re, defoncé le tailgate du tacoma (Le jeep a un steel tube bumper)

Jetta 2007, moins de 1000km au compteur, me park sur le bord de la rue, un kid en velo defonce ma porte et mon aile avant

Camry 2019 flambette, un voleur ouvre la porte pour voler ce qui a dedans, scratch la vitre avec son outil

Chaque char neuf il arrive dequoi hors de mon controle en dedans des 3 premiers mois.

Mon neon srt : 5,000km. Char parké dans rue. Arrive à 5pm, puck dans porte à hauteur de la poigné. Aucun autre impact sur le body pour les 10 années suivantes...

Mon BM : 2 mois je l'ai. Vandalisme sur la rue, on est 5 chars à avoir un key job en ligne. Aucun autre impact sur le body pendant 10 ans...

Mon Accord. Fait 1 mois je l'ai. Bang, roche dans le windshield, craqué. Nouveau windshield après 3ieme fois je le prend (premier windshield à vie et je dois avoir fait 7-800,000 km à date dans ma vie)

Tous mes beaters de 200k+ km..ZÉRO coup sur le body. Aucun windshield, aucun accrochage...

Moi j’ai été chanceux aussi pour ma première voiture neuve.

Aucune malchance jusqu’à maintenant après 15 mois mais je roule très peu et juste la ville.

C’est ma première voiture neuve et la dernière

Deuxième jour que j'ai le Forester. Parker dans le garage.

J'entre dans le garage par l'intérieur, pèse sur l'ouvre porte. La tailgate était ouverte par je sais pas quel osti de asard et s'était accoté dans le porte de garage. La tailgate a pogné entre 2 panneau de porte pendant qu'elle ouvrait en faisant craquer la peinture dans le bas. Le moteur de porte de garage a arrêté a cause que sa forcait trop.

2-3 coups de crayon de peinture. Sa paraît pas trop. Pu jamais rien arrivé après ça fait 3 ans.

Man, I don't think anyone can be as unlucky as I was. I'm sure if I look through my old hard drive, I can find pics for everything. There are old threads for most of these as well.

All of them with my Honda Prelude(s) that I babied.

1) Bring to my friends. His mom's friend drives into my door when she left.
2) Get car door painted. Car was red, door was repainted a dark pink.
3) Decide to get car completely repainted. On the second day I get it back, someone cuts me off going 50km/h like I didn't exist and clips my front bumper and broke my headlights.
4) Get car fixed and put it in storage for winter. First week I take it out in spring, go to a friend's house, park the car in his private condo lot. By the time I step into his condo, my alarm starts ringing on my keyfob... Look outside someone backed up into my front bumper. Get bumper fixed.
5) On the champlain bridge. Complete bumper to bumper traffic during rush hour. Truck with huge trailer coming like it's an open road. Smashes the car behind me (car trunk folded into the back seats) and forced the car into my rear end that I just repainted. Insurance paid for repair.
6)Take car out of storage following year. 2nd day out, totalled it after hitting a pothole while taking a highway curve.
7) Bought new prelude. Brought it to a shop to swap all my old parts to the new car. They do all the work. Pick up gf from university on the way back. Drunk driver cuts 4 lanes to take a turn and ends up in front of me. Car front frame bent. Go hunting for full front end and get it fixed.
8) After it got fixed, went to vincegti to get a full polish done. The evening I get it back, park my car at my gf's. When I left at night, I noticed paws all over my car. A cat walked everywhere and scuffed/scratched the clear coat with dirty paws. Go back to Vince to get it polished.
9) go to my gf a few days later. Somehow in the last 4-5 years nothing happened, but the neighbours basketball net fell down on my car that day and completely dented my fender. I said fuck it. Not fixing it.
10) The last straw. A week later, I parked my car at the other end of the parking lot of RenoDepot. Far from everything. I step out the car and hear a loud bang. I look and see a random shopping cart (on of the plastic ones) being blown by the wind. Walk to the other side of the car. Dented the passenger door.

Right after that incident, I drove home, parked the car on the driveway, took pictures and put it up for sale. Sold the car 2 weeks later. Bought my shitbox cavalier for 150$ and drove it for 4 years... Nothing ever fucking happened to it. Nothing. Never changed the oil, oil filter, brakes, never washed it. Didn't give a fuck about it. Treated it like it was going to the dump the following week... And the car started everytime and never let me down. Got rid of it because the rust had gotten so bad the mechanic said he won't touch my car. Drove it to the dump. Got 150$ for it. Best 150$ ever spent.

I do miss the prelude.DSC01213.jpg

Sent from my LM-G850 using Tapatalk

Bought a beat up crown vic with character. Asian women in a communauto backs up into me. Call insurance they eval tell me xxxx.xx cheque. Get a quote to paint the whole thing. Make a deal to sand it all down. About to bring it to get painted, get rear ended on the Mercier! Don't claim it the kids aveo was trashed and they were stupid. Get the car painted. Bring it home Wednesday to reassemble it and do the brakes
....and as most of you have seen tree fell on it Friday

Since then a couple chips but I am over it it stays dented.

The advantage of having a car you 0% care about that already had scratches when you bought it.
If only I had 2 parking spots for a nice occasional car and a shit one... Now I only have the shit one.

ce sont des cas hors de controle, mais oh combien on voit des histoires de personne qui passe de civic à F250 et ont du mal à analyser leur distance et accroche le monde.

Meme chose pour les chars high HP, le monde qui n'ont jamais conduit ca et se gate, et à 5km sur le compteur , ils perdent le char en sortant du dealer.

2507LamborghiniCrash.jpg

J'ai mit mon pickup a vendre.

Le truck est A1

Dimanche je parle au tel avec un gars de Quebec et je suis dehors et je lui répete que le truck est A1 en faisant le tour de mon truck...

Kes je vois pas? Une tabarnack de puck sur le coin de la boite au dessus de la lumiere (genre de place que ca prend un criss de coup pour pucké ca....)

Dude i feel you! every brand new car i`ve owned, something happened to it!! MY 15 year old cars that i dont care about, not 1 scratch.

All 3 of the ATS we're either rear ended or hit while i was parked. Seriously, i once woke up from the gf's place to find my bumper on the sidewalk....the car was maybe 2 weeks old.

My 16 Charger SRT....i dont even wanna talk about it....

Murphy's law.

Also since we live in QC, we get slaughtered with road salt, debris, potholes, idiot drivers...
I stopped buying brand new cars for a while now.

Murphy's law.

Also since we live in QC, we get slaughtered with road salt, debris, potholes, idiot drivers...
I stopped buying brand new cars for a while now.
Road salt or brime is a fact of life anywhere where there is snow.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Back