Repaving driveway with paving stone

android25ua

In the west-end I got quoted 35k and 38k to do ~780sq ft:

- stair to main door, driveway 2 cars deep, 2 cars wide (2.5 if you have a small car)
- I also wanted to do the back of the house which totals up to 1600sq ft

What the fuck?

These people must be driving maybachs to work?
Like it's ~7k materials and they will do it in 3-4 days.

Based on the math, if they do 1600sq it's gonna be close to 60k? Over 10% of house value to do the pavement around it? Wtf?

Is it me or it's a bit out of reasonable hand?

You got two kinds of contractors.

Pablo who's been driving the same 80's f250 forever and whi's gonna work with his guy for couple weeks on your land.

Then you got 'travaux paysager 2000' who has a crew of 12 guys with three 18 wheelers and two loaders who's gonna get the job done in 2 days.

Both will charge you as high as they can knowing that there are couple of crazy women who have no isssues paying 35k for the same work.

Good luck.

^literally browsing anything right now but I am fine with whatever wont crack in 2 years
I see things for 5-10$/sqft

Even at 10$ I would be at under 8k in materials, plus 500-700$ for gravel to go under it

I am just trying to understand if this is the going price everywhere, I'll just buy another chalet with that 50k in downpayment lol
It doesn't make sense.

You got two kinds of contractors.

Pablo who's been driving the same 80's f250 forever and whi's gonna work with his guy for couple weeks on your land.

Then you got 'travaux paysager 2000' who has a crew of 12 guys with three 18 wheelers and two loaders who's gonna get the job done in 2 days.

Both will charge you as high as they can knowing that there are couple of crazy women who have no isssues paying 35k for the same work.

Good luck.

Dude, I'm not asking SNC lavalin to do a 3000sq ft helicopter landing pad
Let's say half of the cost is labour and equipment
Then 15k+ is profit over 3 days of work?
I guess everyone in this business is a millionaire by the end of second summer?

ca dépend de la préparation de surface qu'ils font. Certains font 12-15po de 0-3/4; d'autre 24po avec du sable.

ce que tu vois au final, c'est juste la pointe de l'iceberg.

Faut j'en fasse cet été du pavé, c'est quoi l'histoire du sable ? j'ai jamais entendu ca? tu mets ca en dessous de ton 0.3/4 ?

c'est Jeep22 qui me disait ça, je suis dans le processus de magasinage pour mon driveway aussi. Je vais le laisser répondre.

Les prix que j'ai eu, 7$/pc pour l'asphalte, 20$ le pavé
+ 3.5$/pi si ils doivent excaver pour préparer la surface (15po).

j'ai env 1000pc à faire aussi.

15po de préparation, j'ai pas l'impression que c'est assez long terme (de gars qui connait pas ça)

2021 va être pire avec le prix des matériaux et surtout la raretée à mon avis.
2022 sera pas mieux car les gens qui vont avoir été découragés de 2020-2021 vont faire faire leurs trucs.

In the west-end I got quoted 35k and 38k to do ~780sq ft:

- stair to main door, driveway 2 cars deep, 2 cars wide (2.5 if you have a small car)
- I also wanted to do the back of the house which totals up to 1600sq ft

What the fuck?

These people must be driving maybachs to work?
Like it's ~7k materials and they will do it in 3-4 days.

Based on the math, if they do 1600sq it's gonna be close to 60k? Over 10% of house value to do the pavement around it? Wtf?

Is it me or it's a bit out of reasonable hand?

It's much more than 7k$ materials, I shopped for a 15x15 cirlce for a fire pit and I had about 2k$ worth of paving stone...

15ft by 15ft

15ft by 15ft :laugh:

Pretty sure my driveway would be +- 85k$ :run:

2.jpg

1.jpg

Last edited:
Its not 7k in material.. the prices of material now is through the roof and so are things in stock everyone is booked solid. You also have to prep it properly and have 3-4 guys there doing it. If you think you can do it cheap go for it

Fuck are you stupid sometimes.... you claim to be balling out of control / amazing businessman and Yolo but refuse to pay to play.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

2021 va être pire avec le prix des matériaux et surtout la raretée à mon avis.
2022 sera pas mieux car les gens qui vont avoir été découragés de 2020-2021 vont faire faire leurs trucs.
I bought the wood for my fence and between last week vs this week it went up 10%

It's much more than 7k$ materials, I shopped for a 15x15 cirlce for a fire pit and I had about 2k$ worth of paving stone...

15ft by 15ft

15ft by 15ft :laugh:

Actually if you were able to do maths you would stop laughing...

15x15 = 225 sq ft

780/225 = 3.47

2000 * 3.47 = 7000$!!!

So how that would be MUCH MORE?

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I have 3 quotes in materials inclusive of gravel and sand, it’s about 7-9k all together, depending on store. Home hardware is 7k. Rest is labour.
Another company is coming today, I’ll see what they have to say.

Fuck are you stupid sometimes.... you claim to be balling out of control / amazing businessman and Yolo but refuse to pay to play.

Jealous elitist self proclaimed encyclopedia is back.

Thanks for your input, I do hope you feel relieved :)

Tell them you'll provide the rocks so that they don't make profit on it. Who are they to think they can make money off your back to run their business?!?!

Tell them you'll provide the rocks so that they don't make profit on it. Who are they to think they can make money off your back to run their business?!?!

Your contribution to this thread is invaluable and the information you have provided is pertinent to the topic being discussed, similarly to all your posts.

Thank you!

Si je me souviens bien le pavé me coutait 14-15$ materiel et installé. A ton prix c’est assez malade mais j’imagine qu’ils ont tellement de demande si c’est pas toi c’est un autre! Are you in the westisland? If yes try paysagement oasis (rigaud)

Back