Road Closure between Quebec and Ontario - user thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

student13

What are your thoughts about Ontario Quebec border closure or restrictions.

IMO I was ok when they closed the international borders but inter provincial travel and commerce is a constitutional right.
I’m really not ok with that . I know that constitutional rights are not unlimited and subject to proportionality but still arbitrarily
Cutting off our rights like that doesn’t sit well
with me .

You realize the border with New Brunswick has been closed for nearly a year? What didn't you care about it before today?

Understands why the US broder is closed
Doesn't understand why the ontario border is closed

Strong logic

There are now way more cases rate in Ontario than US

The 401 is the biggest trade and travel
corridor in the nation . New Brunswick is
English for saint clin clin des meu meu

Les voyages liés aux commerces ne sont pas touchés par la fermeture, je ne vois pas pourquoi ça t’inquiète

think you guys seem to understand my point of view .

Americans don’t have an expectation to travel here Canadians have a constitutional right to travel unhindered from Victoria to Nova Scotia. That being said as the constitution hasn’t been suspended I don’t feel they have a right to judge whether I’m going to see my girlfriend or my dad in in Ontario they have no right to pass judgement.

I do have a prerogative to be more concerned that the major pipeline of travel and commerce 401 is affected more than access to potatoville New Brunswick, I have a right to that opinion just like you have a right to disagree with me .

I guess Habs VS Leafs playoff series will be canceled

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait they have 750$ ticket instead of 1500$ here ???

We are getting ripped off

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

think you guys seem to understand my point of view .

Americans don’t have an expectation to travel here Canadians have a constitutional right to travel unhindered from Victoria to Nova Scotia. That being said as the constitution hasn’t been suspended I don’t feel they have a right to judge whether I’m going to see my girlfriend or my dad in in Ontario they have no right to pass judgement.

I do have a prerogative to be more concerned that the major pipeline of travel and commerce 401 is affected more than access to potatoville New Brunswick, I have a right to that opinion just like you have a right to disagree with me .
forget the constitution for a second; they're trying to slow the transmission the Covid before vaccination is generalized. It's pretty easy to understand why they'd do that.

People have to stop saying "I have the right to do that" and think about whether they should do that.

If everyone in the world stayed home for 30 days, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Understands why the US broder is closed
Doesn't understand why the ontario border is closed

Strong logic

There are now way more cases rate in Ontario than US

Lol belle comparaison. Veut tu qu’on compare le taux de vaccination des States vs celui de l’Ontario? L’art de comparer des jambons avec des bananes...

Im closing this thread... there is already a covid thread in off topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back