Bought a car via a Proxy form turns out Owner has tickets... Did I just lose 9000$?

SamGret

Hello Everyone!
I am in desperate need of help! I just bought a car for 9000$, I paid in cash and we signed a letter saying the car was sold at 9000$ but he wanted me to put 1$ on the proxy which is great I get to save on taxes. The car was fully paid for so no issues there, I checked it out and everything was great no debt owed. Since the car was placed in storage I had the car towed from Lachute to my house which was an hour away (SAAQs were closed due to Easter Weekend). Right on Tuesday when SAAQs were open, I went to get the papers transferred, waited 3 hours in line and I find out this isn't possible as the owner has a ticket... Without him going to St-Jerome to pay off the ticket the car cannot be registered in my name! It has been 2 weeks the car has been sitting on my drive way. The owner keeps telling me he had a lot of debt to pay so he is tight on cash and is making up excuses. Turns out he owes St-Jerome 612$ and the SAAQ 294$. They told me the transfer will not be possible unless he pays the 612$ (I believe his licenses in suspended)... Is there any way around this mess, I paid for a car I cannot even drive now and I am stuck with the ownership on the guys name. He is no longer picking up his phone calls now. I need some advice guys. Is the only way for me to pay the 612$, not sure how that is fair, it's ridiculous. Has anyone gone through the same issue? I searched the forum and couldn't find anything on this matter.

Tu peux payer par cheque a la SAAQ

Fait un cheque pour le 612$, transfert le char, fait un arret de paiement sur le cheque

profit?

lol GG québec. Nothing like fucking over an innocent third party and turning him into a collections agent so some municipality gets their ticket dollars.

Tu peux payer par cheque a la SAAQ

Fait un cheque pour le 612$, transfert le char, fait un arret de paiement sur le cheque

profit?

More like fraud lol.

I don't see how this is your problem...

Car is sold. They shouldn't use that as collateral against you.

I don't see how this is your problem...

Car is sold. They shouldn't use that as collateral against you.

Comme kAhos a dit, quelqu'un que son permis est révoqué pour non paiement ne peut effectuer de transaction... Meme pas pour vendre, c'est con de meme....

Le plus rapide: paie les contraventions et poursuit le BS de St-Jérôme aux petites créances. Rien de garantie, mais bon, tu vas avoir ton char

Règle #1 dans l'achat/vente de véhicule à un particulier: ne JAMAIS utiliser de procurations pour aucune raison.

Le plus rapide: paie les contraventions et poursuit le BS de St-Jérôme aux petites créances. Rien de garantie, mais bon, tu vas avoir ton char

Règle #1 dans l'achat/vente de véhicule à un particulier: ne JAMAIS utiliser de procurations pour aucune raison.

Salut Chris35 , Peut tu traduire en Anglais,
Cest quoi procuration en anglais—“proxy” ?

Cette historie est bizarre dans le send que tu be pourrait pas verifier le situation comme avec les hypotheques sir rdpm

Salut Chris35 , Peut tu traduire en Anglais,
Cest quoi procuration en anglais—“proxy” ?

Cette historie est bizarre dans le send que tu be pourrait pas verifier le situation comme avec les hypotheques sir rdpm

Oui tu peux et ca coute moins de 2$.

X2, paie et essaye de récupérer l'argent après, il y a 1000$ en jeu vs 9k si tu veux faire annuler la vente.

Plus mise en demeure de payer dans x délai avant de payer à sa place.

OnlyFans?

Willing to subscribe as well as 15 other cock in hand individuals beside me.

We’re all scared to find out it’s a guy

Op, pay the 6XX and move on with a lesson learned.

Resolving this hassle in any other way will cost you more than 6XX

Merci beaucoup pour votre commentaires, je crois que c'est la meilleure réponse que j'ai reçue jusqu'à présent et je vais faire cela.

C'est la première fois que cela m'arrive en achetant une voiture avec une proxy.

Its very difficult but its just a 2 step process so even you can do this:

1: call the saaq.
2: tell them you want to verify if the seller of a car has any unpaid tickets and will be able to transfer the car.

Magic!

They will either treat the request by phone or tell you to visit https://saaq.gouv.qc.ca/services-en-ligne/citoyens/verifier-droit-immatriculer-vehicule/

Thanks man, learnt this the hard way. If I knew this before I could have avoided the whole situation.

Back