Vehicle modification causes insurance complications (Ontario)

Yes intact and desjardins are bad

Another thing they do is if you want to keep your car in the us for more Than 10 or 14 days you lose insurance coverage

Isn't this the case here as well? Not sure what makes it so different in Ontario. It says in the policy you need to contact them with your modifications.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

Isn't this the case here as well? Not sure what makes it so different in Ontario. It says in the policy you need to contact them with your modifications.

Sent from my SM-G986W using Tapatalk

As the clause is written, installing winter tires would require you to contact your insurance company if living in Ontario.

“Your vehicle is considered to be modified if it has been changed in any way from its original condition in order to improve or alter its performance, appearance or increase its value. If you make or plan to make modifications to your vehicle, contact us to make certain we are able to insure you properly,”

The original sentiment behind this type of rule was to prevent the insured from reporting modifications after the fact in the event of a theft or total loss. Back in the day people would approach their insurance company with a folder in hand of a bunch of recipts/invoices stipulating that the car had all this additional "value" in it at the time of the incident.

The article mentions it in passing, but if window tinting is viewed as an "appearance mod" and you don't advise your insurance company of the addition, you could be in danger of voiding your coverage and having your policy revoked..... obviously that can't possibly be the intention, nor the spirit of this particular clause.

I do not understand En!vy 's signature .

"Team Tide Pod Roster: CuddlyJen, KerplunK, student13, PsychoBandito"

I typically use Sunlight , to wash my clothes, I don't understand.

+1 les pire rapaces

Même côté assurance voyage tellement d'histoires d'horreur.

quand ils passent 2 fois/an à la facture et à JE , et ce, depuis 15 ans, ca veut tout dire.

Pour des petites conneries ben souvent qui couterais rien à régler, mais non, ils réussissent à intéresser les journalistes d'enquête.

His insurance is even more: $7,200 a year.

holy f*ck. hahahha that's hilarious. I can't believe anyone would pay $2k for superbike plates...but $7.2k/yr for insurance on a BRZ? why. lol

after Global News contacted the company about Ayobi’s case, Desjardins Insurance reviewed the claim and has agreed to pay in full.

lol

they couldn't have denied the claim based on a modified exhaust anyway, even if they didn't know about it. they would never have given him his lost $2k for it obviously, but the car (with original exhaust) is insured.

I mean come on, based on that, my OEM NC2 wheels are a 'modification'? tinted windows? weathertech carpets? an air freshner? I'm glad Desjardin got some nice positive advertisement from this.

I think insurance companies are a scam as well, but all these new cars with loud obnoxious exhausts should be denied insurance or be given ridiculous premiums.
Just looking at the dude and his car I could tell he's the kind of guy that makes it crackle needlessly from stop to stop.

i think insurance companies are a scam as well, but all these new cars with loud obnoxious exhausts should be denied insurance or be given ridiculous premiums.
Just looking at the dude and his car i could tell he's the kind of guy that makes it crackle needlessly from stop to stop.
x100000

Just saw a CLA43 crackling from light to light with a racing stripe and smashed front end YES.
There is a guy driving by everyday, I kid you not, each single shufts the car does a backfire. First gear. BANG. Shight into second gear. BANG. Stop a the stop sign. Rinse repeat for 15 stops signs in a row. The guy must hate his life.

Je ne comprends pas pourquoi ils ne l'ont pas dedommage sauf pour le prix de l'exhaust admettons.

Ca devrait tellement être ca mais eux ils voient plutôt ca comme "ton exhaust a augmenté la puissance de ta voiture, cette augmentation drastique de puissance est possiblement la cause de ton accident, et avoir su que le véhicule avait cette augmentation drastique de puissance notre couverture n'aurait pas été la même, on aurait probablement 18000$/année au lieu de 7200$/année, donc par conséquent on ne peut pas rembourser!"

C'est une vraie joke lol

Ca devrait tellement être ca mais eux ils voient plutôt ca comme "ton exhaust a augmenté la puissance de ta voiture, cette augmentation drastique de puissance est possiblement la cause de ton accident, et avoir su que le véhicule avait cette augmentation drastique de puissance notre couverture n'aurait pas été la même, on aurait probablement 18000$/année au lieu de 7200$/année, donc par conséquent on ne peut pas rembourser!"

C'est une vraie joke lol

pour vrai ca serait un de leur résonnement et ca ne m'étonnerais meme pas.

inb4:

- because covid
- why?
- because

Back