Add 3-4" of asphalt on servitude?

lord_galathon

Picture below the text.

The city (finally) repaved the street I live on. But they just roughed up the existing pavement, added some tar glue whatever it's called and then added a 3-4" layer of fresh tarmac over it.

As you can see on the photo, there is now a 3-4" high "step" to get onto the servitude part of my driveway (over the ditch) and then another 3-4" "bump" where the ditch is tubed under the driveway, the white lamp-post (needs repainting I know) defines my property limit.

I'd like to just add the 3-4" of tarmac between the bump and the new layer of tarmac. Of course it'll be near impossible to get an asphalt company to come out for a small job like that unless they happen to pave in my neighbourhood so I was thinking of doing it myself since it's not a huge area.

Total area is probably about 18' wide by 6' to the street so maybe 110sqft. Nobody's gonna come out with a truck and asphalt roller for that little.

Any ideas how I can go about it myself? I know I can rent those rollers that can be filled with water, or one of those super heavy "jumping" machines to flatten tarmac, but then how do I get asphalt?

I could wait for the asphalt "jobber" guys to drive by - they always do in June - and have them do it but they'll probably charge me like 1.000$ for a tiny job like this, should be ~400$?

Thanks in advance.

20210601_091031.jpg

Picture below the text.

The city (finally) repaved the street I live on. But they just roughed up the existing pavement, added some tar glue whatever it's called and then added a 3-4" layer of fresh tarmac over it.

As you can see on the photo, there is now a 3-4" high "step" to get onto the servitude part of my driveway (over the ditch) and then another 3-4" "bump" where the ditch is tubed under the driveway, the white lamp-post (needs repainting I know) defines my property limit.

I'd like to just add the 3-4" of tarmac between the bump and the new layer of tarmac. Of course it'll be near impossible to get an asphalt company to come out for a small job like that unless they happen to pave in my neighbourhood so I was thinking of doing it myself since it's not a huge area.

Total area is probably about 18' wide by 6' to the street so maybe 110sqft. Nobody's gonna come out with a truck and asphalt roller for that little.

Any ideas how I can go about it myself? I know I can rent those rollers that can be filled with water, or one of those super heavy "jumping" machines to flatten tarmac, but then how do I get asphalt?

I could wait for the asphalt "jobber" guys to drive by - they always do in June - and have them do it but they'll probably charge me like 1.000$ for a tiny job like this, should be ~400$?

Thanks in advance.

View attachment 48380

water roller are in plastic... dont do it lol
Jumping jack is not good for this too.

Wait for the jobber

Call the city, tell them do fix their shit, ?????, profit.

Also, don't use cold asphalt, it's terribad. I got a lot of it in my driveway (previous owner) and it's flaking like crazy

T'avais juste a demander a la compagnie qui a pavé la rue de faire le boutte chez vous pendant qu'ils étaient la.

avec ton idée de rouleau a gazon pi de "jumping-jack" je laisserais faire ca par un "professionnel".

Call the city, tell them do fix their shit, ?????, profit.

Also, don't use cold asphalt, it's terribad. I got a lot of it in my driveway (previous owner) and it's flaking like crazy

Je dis pas que c'est la solution dans ce cas ci, mais j'en avais mis a mon ancienne maison car la chaine de trottoir était quand meme haute et serieux jai vraiment été surpris de comment cela a tenu, 2 bonne année certain et rien s'est effrité. Dans ce cas si j'appelerais la ville en premier, ca pas de bon sens pareil.

I went for a walk earlier and realized it's actually not as bad as it seems. I haven't driven over it yet but when I do I'll report back. They flattened the edges, you can see on the picture the traces left by the roller.

However the road is already full of cracks especially on the corners and the hill.

The original road was already not great when we moved in 23 years ago. It was way overdue, I mean this is better than nothing but IMHO it will not hold another 40 years.

I went for a walk earlier and realized it's actually not as bad as it seems. I haven't driven over it yet but when I do I'll report back. They flattened the edges, you can see on the picture the traces left by the roller.

However the road is already full of cracks especially on the corners and the hill.

The original road was already not great when we moved in 23 years ago. It was way overdue, I mean this is better than nothing but IMHO it will not hold another 40 years.

Classic LG

Faque tu es venu ici chialer avant même de t'être lever de ton cul pour checker?

Classic LG

Faque tu es venu ici chialer avant même de t'être lever de ton cul pour checker?

They hadn't come back to flatten the edges yet. They did the whole street a few days after possibly because of multiple complaints.

Note that I had an "asphalteux" come by last week and offer to revive my driveway for "only" 250$.

I asked him: "Can you leve l'asphalte and put down new asphalte?"

Him: "No."

Me: "Sorry that's what I want. Thanks for the offer."

Back