Model S Plaid 9.247s 152.09mph at Bakersfield

See, I don't believe that.

I have yet to see a single independent organization perform an in-depth, open detail study of carbon footprint of an electric car vs gas car, that includes manufacturing of all of said vehicle's components, followed by it's use for the serviceable period.

Le Ciraig en a fait une étude, commandée par Hydro-Québec oui mais le centre est indépendant.

I have yet to see a single independent organization perform an in-depth, open detail study of carbon footprint of an electric car vs gas car, that includes manufacturing of all of said vehicle's components, followed by it's use for the serviceable period.
you may wait forever.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Here's the reality of things
1) If you're not driving long distances i.e. more than 400km a day, you'll always be charging at home. Very rarely do you charge elsewhere

2) On such occasion you do charge elsewhere you'll never wait until you're at 0, minimum 15% so you might not be there 45mins more like 20-25 minutes.

3) It is very convenient to get home and look "oh im at 15% i'll plug in" and wke up the next day with 80-100% charge depending on what you set your max rate at

4) You can pre condition the car before you leave in the winter. So if you schedule your car to leave at 6am well your call will be already warm by the time you get in it and since it'll use the power from the mains your battery suffers less loss. It'll suffer for sure because the car has to maintain a certain temp for the battery but it means you have to charge at home more often

5) The cost of charging your car at home is roughly 10% of what it costs you to gas up your car per year. So if you spend 3k$ a year on gas, you'll spend about 300$ a year on electricity (strictly quebec rates)

6) Unless you do roughly 25000-30000kms a year an electric car will not save you money, unless you drive a high end vehicle X5M, Audi RS6.
It's very simple take your loan/lease, calculate how much you spend on gas per month, add that to your lease/loan. If you fall under 1300$ you're in Model S/E-Tron Territory. If you fall under 1000$ a month then you're pretty close to a Model Y/Mustang Mach E Premium/ID4 Premium. If you fall under 800$ You fall close to an Model 3/Chevy Bolt/Mach E Select/ID4 Base. Once any of these cars are paid off is when you start saving your money. No maintenance so only general repairs are needed which goes for any car.

EV's for sure are not for Everyone. You're lifestyle has to fit an EV. And if you go on long trips you'll need to plan ahead a bit but most cars are setup in a way that its supposed to help you. At the end of the day I'm a car guy I still love the Dodge Vipers the Koenigsegg's and all gas guzzling cars as much as I appreciate EV's. I know that the Tesla stan's hate on ICE cars and it's why I didn't buy a Tesla. They're just too much of a radical change. But EV's are quite easy daily's and even those who have driven 800+hp cars can't believe the difference in torque between an EV and an ICE car. They're just a different animal but are still cars.

it's actually not as bad as you'd think. Suppliers need to set up shop within X km from the assembly plant for the right on time manufacturing.

it's actually not as bad as you'd think. Suppliers need to set up shop within X km from the assembly plant for the right on time manufacturing.

That's akin to saying that "unless there are oil rigs in your backyard, oil production is no biggie."

I don't think anyone is concerned with the steering racks, bearings or window regulators. People are usually critical of the rare earth extraction and battery manufacturing.

I believe manufacturers trying to match a conventional car's range is missing the mark and overdoing it. 400-500 hundred mile range? Consumers are being dishonest with themselves as to what they actually use their vehicle for 99% of the time.

I heard a journalist say that we could build 100 hybrids with a crossover EV's battery pack. Needless to say 100 cars improving their efficiency would have more environmental impact from a co2/nox perspective than one car quitting gas cold turkey.

5) The cost of charging your car at home is roughly 10% of what it costs you to gas up your car per year. So if you spend 3k$ a year on gas, you'll spend about 300$ a year on electricity (strictly quebec rates)

And this of course is until most cars are electric and the government stops making tax money with petrol, in which case the price of electricity will become the same as petrol :bigup:

Just making sure everyone understands this, because this is not likely to happen, it will happen.

And this of course is until most cars are electric and the government stops making tax money with petrol, in which case the price of electricity will become the same as petrol :bigup:

Just making sure everyone understands this, because this is not likely to happen, it will happen.

C'est sur a 110% que ca va arrivé et plus vite qu'on pense, c'est maintenant le bon moment pour avoir un véhicule électrique

C'est sur a 110% que ca va arrivé et plus vite qu'on pense, c'est maintenant le bon moment pour avoir un véhicule électrique

I think we'll get taxed differently. For example the b*!ch in city hall wanted to tax ppl by km driven and I think this is how. Taxing electricity will increase the burden on lower income families. It will go up but I don't think it will reach gasoline levels

Back