Besoin d'aide : Suspension non conforme et Inspection mecanique SAAQ

At this point it's cheaper to just keep the car plated. I've seen to many of these posts recently

This. All of this to save what $100 over a year??

C’est tellement pas cher payé pour la tranquilité d’esprit, surtout avec un véhicule modifié.

It's getting insane at SAAQ Inspection places. Euro OEM suspension on 996 = Fail but worn out 20+ year old suspension is pass??? TT RS on stock suspension = fail

We have a client with a 83 911 SC that failed inspection because the seatbelt light doesn't come on. Yet the seatbelts themselves are all frayed... Better yet they completely missed the cracked brake lines ,loose steering column and 20 year old dry rotted tires are perfectly safe.. But that seat belt warning light on a 40 year old car needs to be 100% functional.

The funny part is that B12 suspension absolutely has a TÜV certificate but it's useless in Quebec. So safe for Germany but in QC the car might blow up. It's an absolute fucking joke

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

^^Pcq les inspecteurs c'est pas des mécanciens, c'est juste des fonctionnaires qui suivent une check list.....

^^Pcq les inspecteurs c'est pas des mécanciens, c'est juste des fonctionnaires qui suivent une check list.....
You are allowed to lower your car in QC but the process to get it registered is beyond laughable to get it approved by the SAAQ. Quebec loves redtape and bureaucracy. That 996 I mentioned had to get a letter from Porsche that the suspension was compliant with manufacture tests and approved by them. An engineer had to sign off on the install and the entire process took around 3 months. This was in 2017 IIRC

Best part? In the eyes of the cops it's illegal and you can still be sent for inspection

To the op raise it up to OEM height and paint everything black. If not Tony Transfer. It's kinda laughable you need to find a back door to it

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

so happy QC is getting these lowered cars off the road; I fear for my life whenever any car is riding a touch lower than originally designed. Never know they'll just jump the curb and mow down pedestrians.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

dernière inspection à la SAAQ j'ai parlé avec les gars de plein d'affaire pour les inspection.
Il me dit:
Tes shocks peuvent est fini raide, plein de d'huile, mais si sont installé comme il faut... it's all good
Même chose pour le moteur, il peut coulé....pissé l'huile, mais tant que ça touche pas l'exhaust (pour faire de la boucane et un feu) all good!
Tes pneus doivent avoir 2 ou 3 /32 pu certain...all good et aussi laid qu'il peuvent être.

Back