TAG Tracking

MrSpace

Legacy Member
System de tracking Tag, je savais même pas ça existait encore.

Je sauve 48$ sur l'assurance si j'installe ce(s) cossin(s).

250$ d'installation

ROI 5 ans

Votre avis?

en voyant le titre , je croyais que c'était pour centre TAG karting , je me disais tracking karting , ouias ouias :p

ça ouvre lundi !!

TAG mes assurances voulait que j'aille ça sur ma nacelle , le rabais qu'il me donnait couvrait le coût d'installation

System de tracking Tag, je savais même pas ça existait encore.

Je sauve 48$ sur l'assurance si j'installe ce(s) cossin(s).

250$ d'installation

ROI 5 ans

Votre avis?

J'ai eu ça sur mon ancien Camaro et ma compagnie d'assurances l'exigeait carrément sur la RS3.
Ça se rembourse tout seul après quelques années à cause des rabais alors why not?

Si ça n'avait pas été exigé par mon assureur, je ne sais pas si je l'aurais pris honnêtement. Si je me faisais voler mon char, je préférerais probablement qu'il ne soit pas retrouver.

I had tag installed back in 2015. Around 175$ at a tag dealer.
Saved a lot on insurance All these years

Have no clue if system still works lol aka battery

All these systems are useless. Always installed in the same spots and style. It's a security theater. I'm curious about the actual recovery rates of anything of these systems.. I bet it's abysmal given the amount of cars that get shipped out of PoM.

Si tu sauve 48 piasses et ça coûte disons 250$ installé, disons tu garde ton char 2-3 ans tu sauves quoi au juste ?
C'est par mois ?
Sinon si mon char est volé j'aime presque mieux jamais le revoir...

All these systems are useless. Always installed in the same spots and style. It's a security theater. I'm curious about the actual recovery rates of anything of these systems.. I bet it's abysmal given the amount of cars that get shipped out of PoM.
I think that too. Plus volvos are not stolen much afaik

Seems like a financial gimmick that cost them $100 and then everyone makes money off of it.

Finally my saving is $31 per year making it more a 10 year payback

Last edited:
I think that too. Plus volvos are not stolen much afaik

Seems like a financial gimmick that cost them $100 and then everyone makes money off of it.

Finally my saving is $31 per month making it more a 10 year payback

I'm sure it has clear benefits to the insurance company. The fact that they get to offload the initial cost to their client in exchange for a meagre discount is even better. All rewards, essentially no risk. Brilliant. Tag gets to hold the line on price as the insurance company sort of subsidizes it.

Win-Win.

If dirty mike and the boys take my car for a joyride, I don't want it back. There's nothing unique about it and it's easily replaceable.

I also don't think I'd lose sleep over some criminal syndicate lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on a pre-owned volvo. It's a nice car, but I'm not sure there's as much of a market for em overseas/ for parts.

I'm sure it has clear benefits to the insurance company. The fact that they get to offload the initial cost to their client in exchange for a meagre discount is even better. All rewards, essentially no risk. Brilliant. Tag gets to hold the line on price as the insurance company sort of subsidizes it.

Win-Win.

If dirty mike and the boys take my car for a joyride, I don't want it back. There's nothing unique about it and it's easily replaceable.

I also don't think I'd lose sleep over some criminal syndicate lurking in the shadows waiting to pounce on a pre-owned volvo. It's a nice car, but I'm not sure there's as much of a market for em overseas/ for parts.
This here

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Moi avec le rabais couvrait même pas les frais d'installation donc fuck it...

C'est bon 4 ans je crois de mémoire.

Y en avait un sur le GT4 mais pu actif..
En enlevant 2-3 trims facile sur le GT4 j en aie trouvé..

Et puis comme mentionné si je me fais voler mon char je ne veux pas le ravoir...

Envoyé de mon SM-G991W en utilisant Tapatalk

Moi avec le rabais couvrait même pas les frais d'installation donc fuck it...

C'est bon 4 ans je crois de mémoire.

Y en avait un sur le GT4 mais pu actif..
En enlevant 2-3 trims facile sur le GT4 j en aie trouvé..

Et puis comme mentionné si je me fais voler mon char je ne veux pas le ravoir...

Envoyé de mon SM-G991W en utilisant Tapatalk
Iirc according to the BAC the recovery rate in Quebec is 27% and out of the 27% , 60% come back damaged in some form. Most thefts happen in driveways. So with recovery rates thats low and key FOBs so easy to copy I see zero point to installing anything. You might be better off with a shielded box to store the fob in or hidden kill switch DIY wired.

My friends 16 Mini was stolen out of his driveway. They copied the key from the doorstep and drove off. I watched a few videos and yep it's possible. I also watched the video of his security camera of them miscreants doing it. Here is the kicker... He had garage door remote in the car and a spare fob to his wife RAV4, they came back a few days later and pinched the RAV4 while they were home LOL. It was an absolute mess insurance wise. If my Mini was stolen I'd be annoyed but not horribly upset. If my old E46 got stolen I'd cry like a baby because I'd never find a clean one or get it's proper value. Mini would be just going to the dealer and getting another car.

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

Le TAG peut servir si tu te fais voler un véhicule par quelqu'un qui veut seulement faire un joyride sinon ça ne sert à rien.

Je me suis fait voler un loader qui avait le TAG et ils ne l'ont jamais retrouvé.

Les gens dans le milieu savent quoi faire pour le désactiver.

En + 30 ans ont s'est fait voler

Auto 1x
Pick-up 2x
10 roues 2x ( la même nuit )
Pelle mécanique 2x
Bobcat 1x
Loader 1x
Trailer 2x
Citerne 1x

Seulement l'auto a été retrouvée parce qu'ils l'avait abandoné sur le bord de la 20 (ils ont manqué d'essence)

Pour le reste 0

La machinerie c'est frustrant parce que les assurances ne paient jamais ce que ça vaut réellement.

Dans le cas d'un véhicule récent ( auto/pick-up) j'aime aussi bien ne pas qu'il soit retrouvé.

Sent from my SM-A515W using Tapatalk

Back