What is wrong with dealerships these days?!

Un peu comme op je viens aller voir une voiture dans un dealer

Il disait c’était clean quand suis arriver la bas ouff méchante poubelle il c’est dépêcher de le descendre du lift pour pas je regarde en dessous lol , pneu, disque finis, body sa donnait impression que c’était un 2000 mais c’était un 2015 , j’ai fait 2 heure de route pour rien a Roberval lol

having worked in the industry for a long time....you have some really good salesman, but 98% are as described above loool

sometimes I miss it, but a lot of clients are a waste of time! but i've alwasy found that beeing honest was always the best way to deal with people. Plus, all the ifo is available online.....how can you bullshit someone.

Direct sales will hopefully be the future. The buying process is all smoke & mirrors game of tricking you into thinking it's a great deal but the house always wins. The entire negotiation process is just a well rehearsed game now. People still think you need to build a "relationship" meanwhile all stores are owned by the same big box groups and sales staff are nomadic. Yea maybe if you are buying a Ferrari or Porsche GT car you want to build a relationship but a Kia? Gtfo

I rather just click online what I want and collect/ drop off vs listening to some pitch. Buying a car is no different than a fridge.. most cars are appliances anyways so why should it be different. You can order a Tesla in under 5 minutes....

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

direct sales will hopefully be the future. The buying process is all smoke & mirrors game of tricking you into thinking it's a great deal but the house always wins. The entire negotiation process is just a well rehearsed game now. People still think you need to build a "relationship" meanwhile all stores are owned by the same big box groups and sales staff are nomadic. Yea maybe if you are buying a ferrari or porsche gt car you want to build a relationship but a kia? Gtfo

i rather just click online what i want and collect/ drop off vs listening to some pitch. Buying a car is no different than a fridge.. Most cars are appliances anyways so why should it be different. You can order a tesla in under 5 minutes....

Sent from my eml-l09 using tapatalk

amen

Oh batinsse...
Genre d'imbècile qui durerait pas deux semaines chez nous...

"big box used" on parle de quoi ici?
H Greg?

Direct sales will hopefully be the future.
It wont for so many different reasons...

Just out of curiosity, do you think you'll get a better price with direct sales?

Last edited:
Perso j'aime encore parler à un vendeur et bâtir une relation. ça fini par rapporter de plusieurs façon. J'ai de meilleur prix quand il rachète mes véhicules, il sait que mon véhicule est A1 et ne le regarde même pas. Il me connait et surveille quand c'est le bon temps de faire un move. Quand j'ai des questions pour des set de roues d'hiver/size de pneu/tpms, qui peut poser un détecteur de radar, qui peut poser un hitch et bien j'ai accès à son réseau de contact, mon vendeur est garant de son réseau.

Mettons que quand j'étais plus jeune j'aurais pas eu ce discours mais en vieillissant on dirait qu'on s'est reconnaitre qu'il y a des aspects qui valent des $, sauver du temps ça vaut des $, quelqu'un qui se porte garant de son réseau de contact ça vaut des $, le temps que je devrais mettre en recherche pour avoir l'info que mon vendeur a et son réseau de contact ça vaut des $.

Direct sales will hopefully be the future. The buying process is all smoke & mirrors game of tricking you into thinking it's a great deal but the house always wins. The entire negotiation process is just a well rehearsed game now. People still think you need to build a "relationship" meanwhile all stores are owned by the same big box groups and sales staff are nomadic. Yea maybe if you are buying a Ferrari or Porsche GT car you want to build a relationship but a Kia? Gtfo

I rather just click online what I want and collect/ drop off vs listening to some pitch. Buying a car is no different than a fridge.. most cars are appliances anyways so why should it be different. You can order a Tesla in under 5 minutes....

Oui parce que tu connais les voitures mais trop peu de client ne connaissent fuck all ou pire encore, pensent connaitre. Même avec tous les conseils et explications, trop souvent des clients reviennent pour se plaindre que tel bouton ne fonctionne pas parce qu'ils ne se souviennent pas avoir avoir choisi l'option. Pour des voitures de base c'est pas un problème mais pour les marques avec beaucoup d'option, le client a besoin d'être conseillé.

Oh batinsse...

H Greg?

Just out of curiosity, do you think you'll get a better price with direct sales?
It's not about the better price it's about paying a set with minimal hassle Consumers have become complacent with the current System where negos are the accepted normal and running to 2,3,4 different stores shopping the same damn car. It's a game simple as that. The dealership is nothing but a middleman that make you think you got a deal and amazing service because they paired your phone to the car...

Believe it or not a huge factor in Tesla's success is the direct sales model, order what you want online and pick it up in store.

Oui parce que tu connais les voitures mais trop peu de client ne connaissent fuck all ou pire encore, pensent connaitre. Même avec tous les conseils et explications, trop souvent des clients reviennent pour se plaindre que tel bouton ne fonctionne pas parce qu'ils ne se souviennent pas avoir avoir choisi l'option. Pour des voitures de base c'est pas un problème mais pour les marques avec beaucoup d'option, le client a besoin d'être conseillé.
Like what? Holding a hand to buy Rav 4? Buying an Aston or Ferrari yea you need that sales person but a Caravan? Or Rav4 or a Civic? Give me a break

It's not about the better price it's about paying a set with minimal hassle Consumers have become complacent with the current System where negos are the accepted normal and running to 2,3,4 different stores shopping the same damn car. It's a game simple as that. The dealership is nothing but a middleman that make you think you got a deal and amazing service because they paired your phone to the car...

Believe it or not a huge factor in Tesla's success is the direct sales model, order what you want online and pick it up in store.

This is very true! You can even buy cars now online without seeing it in person. But my problem isnt necessarily the hangling process. Its more the way staff treat the cars. Whats great about electric cars in the future is you dont have to worry about some 18 yr old revving the car for shits in gigs while recording it for snapchat.

^^^ im curious, why would you need a salesman when u buy a Luxury Car more then a regular one.....if u buy a car of 250k its either because u did your researh and thats what you want or u just want the badge and you dont really give a shit about the rest....its really 2 extremes. I could be wrong tho, i've never shopped a car like that lool

^^^ im curious, why would you need a salesman when u buy a Luxury Car more then a regular one.....if u buy a car of 250k its either because u did your researh and thats what you want or u just want the badge and you dont really give a shit about the rest....its really 2 extremes. I could be wrong tho, i've never shopped a car like that lool

So I know that when it comes to '' SUPER'' limited cars, then its important, not because you want the experience, but because its all about connections. I know someone who ordered the Boxster Spyder when it first came out but then the dealership sold it to someone else from right under him.

Apparently its the same thing in the world of watches were you have massive waiting list. Some people get preferred treatment due to connections with the dealer. But again, we are talking ultra high end here. For most people like greg said. I dont need a 21 yr old saleskid enough gel in his hair to drown pierre fonds to tell me what I need on my grand caravan or charger lol.

Last edited:
This is very true! You can even buy cars now online without seeing it in person. But my problem isnt necessarily the hangling process. Its more the way staff treat the cars. Whats great about electric cars in the future is you dont have to worry about some 18 yr old revving the car for shits in gigs while recording it for snapchat.

But you will to worry about a Karen or Steve with range anxiety topping her battery to 100% on a supercharger everyday and hence ruining it...

"it wont" est un gros statement. Over time, dans 10 ans, 20 ans, 50 ans ? Je suis persuadé qu'on va passer par un modèle hybride, les gens pourrons se commander une civic online s'ils le veulent mais pourrons aussi passer en concessions si c'est ce qu'ils préfèrent. Sur le long run, il y aura de moins en moins de vendeur jusqu'au jour ou il n'Y aura PLUS AUCUN vendeur. Quand ? i dont know, mais ça arrivera et tout ce fera online.

Dans plusieurs domaine c'est commencé et même établi. Vla 15 ans je t'aurais dit que d'ici 15 ans tu aurais des magasins 100% online sans aucune interaction humaine directe (sauf le livreur si tu es chez toi lors de la réception) et tu m'aurais dit la même chose que ce que tu dis la à propos des vendeurs de char. Désolé mais ça va arriver dans tous les secteurs.

Sort ta tête du bac à sable et essaie de voir plus loin que la semaine prochaine. ;)

Think again. Most of the time, the customer who earns $250K annualy doesn't have time for that. He usually have 2 questions; how much and when.

"it wont" est un gros statement. Over time, dans 10 ans, 20 ans, 50 ans ? Je suis persuadé qu'on va passer par un modèle hybride, les gens pourrons se commander une civic online s'ils le veulent mais pourrons aussi passer en concessions si c'est ce qu'ils préfèrent. Sur le long run, il y aura de moins en moins de vendeur jusqu'au jour ou il n'Y aura PLUS AUCUN vendeur. Quand ? i dont know, mais ça arrivera et tout ce fera online.

Dans plusieurs domaine c'est commencé et même établi. Vla 15 ans je t'aurais dit que d'ici 15 ans tu aurais des magasins 100% online sans aucune interaction humaine directe (sauf le livreur si tu es chez toi lors de la réception) et tu m'aurais dit la même chose que ce que tu dis la à propos des vendeurs de char. Désolé mais ça va arriver dans tous les secteurs.

Sort ta tête du bac à sable et essaie de voir plus loin que la semaine prochaine. ;)

Tu peux très bien prendre ton téléphone et commander ton modèle avec tes options. Pas besoin de plateforme spécifique. Est-ce comme cela que tu l'as achetée ta dernière voiture?

totally agree. even more expensive and enthusiast cars; build&price, get a VIN and expected delivery date.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Oh batinsse...

H Greg?

Out of respect for other parties I wont drop direct names but no. Its a major big box player in the south shore.

Last edited:
Le vendeur est là pour te vendre des cossins que t'as pas besoin.
Ensuite, t'as la fille au financement qui est là pour te vendre des cossins que t'as pas besoin.
Reste finalement le service, où l'aviseur est là pour te vendre des cossins que t'as pas besoin.

C'est comme ça que les concessions font leur cash, en te vendant des cossins et en réparant les chars.

Les vendeurs, ça sert à rien. En 2021, n'importe qui avec le moindrement de jugeotte fait son magasinage à l'avance, sait ce qu'il veut et va l'acheter. C'est pas différent de n'importe quoi d'autre.
Ensuite, t'as les autres qui soit sont trop âgés ou bien ont besoin d'être accompagnés et influencés dans leur processus décisionnel.

Le vendeur est là pour te vendre des cossins que t'as pas besoin.
Ensuite, t'as la fille au financement qui est là pour te vendre des cossins que t'as pas besoin.
Reste finalement le service, où l'aviseur est là pour te vendre des cossins que t'as pas besoin.

C'est comme ça que les concessions font leur cash, en te vendant des cossins et en réparant les chars.

En effect, La fille au financement ma meme dit que il ne peut pas vendre de voiture sans passer au financement. meme si j'avais les fonds cash.
J'ai expliquer que j'avais un pret interne avec mon employer mais elle s'enfoutait. Pas de pret, pas de char.

Back