Where to buy used Land Rovers body parts.

SRT-What?

Legacy Member
My gf's 2017 Discovery Sport passenger mirror got hit on her last run to the grocery. It now auto-folds slightly too far INTO the body and leaves a nice black mark into the door panel every time it auto-close and auto-open...every time the doors locks/unlocks... The mirror works fine otherwise (mirror adjustment, camera, sensors, etc).

The problem is there are no way to stop that feature from the car's menu which adds to the urgency of fixing this annoyance.

My toughts are :
1) the retracting mechanism inside the mirror housing has bent and now makes the mirror folds further than it should be
3) gears have skipped teeth in the mechanism
2) the 'zero' of the motor is off an needs to be reset

Which leads me to finding a replacement mirror to confirm hypothesis #1 and #2. I'd hope to find either a used or jobber mirror if possible, pretty sure it'll need to be painted anyway.

Anybody know a supplier in the Montreal area or a scrap yard that sells 'euro parts' ?

Second option is to get a garage to temporarily turn off the auto-folding feature using a diagnostic tool. But that is plan B for now.

+1 on the fuse. Take that off or if you have access, unplug the mirror connector temporarily

LE miroir est probablement avec un détecteur d'angle mort et tout le kit. J'espère que t'auras pas de trouble avec ces patentes là.

Back