Guess what was repaired. Carfax edition

Jelly_Belly

Hey guys! I know some of you are pros as estimating cost of insurance repairs so I got something a little different for you guys this time.

The car: 2015 Audi A3 Technik S line

The cost!
7k frontal "incident" in 2015
11k rear "incident" in 2018

What do you guys think was changed given the cost!

Link to carfax picture:

https://linksharing.samsungcloud.com/l9MAzkCnZeHk

The story: Went to see the Car and immediately loved it. Its clean and the owner seemed like a chill middle aged dude. We negotiated on price and everything was chill. Told him I was gonna check the carfax and RDPM and asked if there was another I should know. His response: "oh I think they changed the front headlight a couple years ago."

So I ran the car fax and to my delight, I saw the history of incidents. Nothings signed so no big deal but im starting to get annoyed with my car shopping experience :laugh:

But oh well. At least it gives me a reason to create spicy threads for you guys.

Sur une A3 ça prend pas grand chose pour monter une facture. Sur ce modèle c'est les phares au del non? La pièce sans la pose et la programmation ça doit tourner autour de 2500 facile.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Sur une A3 ça prend pas grand chose pour monter une facture. Sur ce modèle c'est les phares au del non? La pièce sans la pose et la programmation ça doit tourner autour de 2500 facile.

Sent from my SM-T870 using Tapatalk

Yea that's what OG and KillingCivics told me.
My worry is that rear impact. if the frame was affected it would be declared VGA right? Coz it isn't VGA

My worry is that rear impact. if the frame was affected it would be declared VGA right? Coz it isn't VGA
VGA is only applied when it's been written off by the insurnace company, bought and rebuilt. 18k claim... No thanks.

However these days with headlights costing so much a 7k front accident is very possible. I wouldn't bother buying it with that much of claims. It will be difficult to sell

Sent from my EML-L09 using Tapatalk

VGA is only applied when it's been written off by the insurnace company, bought and rebuilt. 18k claim... No thanks.

However these days with headlights costing so much a 7k front accident is very possible. I wouldn't bother buying it with that much of claims. It will be difficult to sell

Yea thats what Vette told me. Im so pissed dude. Dude wasted my time and momentum's time.

pire avec le carfax que j'avais posté sur un TSX :

-1 owner : 0km
- Maintenance : 20 000km
- Owner switch : 45 000km
- Maintenance : 98 000km
- Maintenance : 130 000km
- Maintenance : 200 000km
- Owner switch tamoul garage : 225 000km
- New owner : 125 000km

my audi also had a carfax , owner ''forgot' to tell me. He was so embarrassed and sorry , he went back to his house to find the pictures and receipts. And I figured out why he forgot. It was a scratch from the front door to the real fender from a snowremoval truck. Deep and heavy scratch, but narrow. Read door was changed, rest repaired. From far, look like the car was heavily keyed. Not a big deal, bought the car anyway.

iirc it was something like 8k$

I doubt he wastes momentums time... They got paid for the inspection... But yeah he sure did waste yours.

I spent like 15 mins with Nick on the phone trying to schedule the inspection. I found this out before the inspection date. So yea. Waste of time.

I've noticed lately that soooo many cars have really high carproofs!

I went to go see a GC SRT, and the guys like oh yeah, a small accident.....27k loool

I went to go see a GC SRT, and the guys like oh yeah, a small accident.....27k loool

C'est normal les pieces coutes une fortune asteur , y'a 5 ans un gars a reculé avec son pick up dans ma minivan , front bumper cover + grille + headlight , that's it = 2200$ au body shop que ca a couté au assurance , c'est y'a 5 ans , les prix on augmenté depuis le temps et s'était pour une simple Dodge Caravan de minable, j'ose meme pas imaginer le prix que coute pour reparer un tres petit accident sur MB , BMW , Audi en 2021 ....

The more I read about how high repair cost are normal the more I'm starting to second doubt myself on if I should take the car...

A huge reason why the bills cost so much now is simply the price of New OEM replacement parts. Thanks technology... About 5-6 years ago OEMs started putting logos or branding inside things like headlights, taillights etc to cut down on fraud.

But regardless 18k worth of claim on a 2015 car? No thanks. I wouldn't call it lots of junk for sale lately but there sure it's lots of Questionable stuff for sale.

The more I read about how high repair cost are normal the more I'm starting to second doubt myself on if I should take the car...

Je sais qu'il est pas VGA mais pour te donné une idée,
j'ai déja acheté un ( VGA )pcq le prix était ajusté tres a la baisse en conséquence du VGA ,
l'équivalent non VGA était calissement bin plus cher ,
quand j'ai vendu , a mon tour j'ai mis un prix en conséquence du VGA.
J'ai eu le char 3 ans et zéro probleme.

Si le prix est tres bon , fait le inspecter, tu va avoir idée si tu touche ou tu touche pas par apres ...

Last edited:

To give you an idea, in 2012 I got rear ended while being parked on the street.

Total damages was 10k$ in 2012, with used/jobber parts, no frame damage.

Personnellement, pour un char 2015, Audi, avec 18k$ de carfax, je patienterais un peu et je me tournerais vers une autre option.

L'accident en avant m'énerve moins car le coût des pièces est très élevé. Headlight, bumper, hood, pas loin de 7k

En arrière... c'est plus difficile.
Les 2 ensemble, a moins que le prix soit extraordinaire; j'achèterai pas

Si tu va voir les véhicules les moins dispendieux vs comparable, il y a de forte chance que tu tombe sur des histoires comme ca

5 years ago is a good thing, if the repair was shit and the car was taken out in winter, you would start to see rust come out. A vga car should be at least 20% off compared to another non vga.

If the price is right and you like the car…

Back